Speculation: Poll: Should the Bruins Retain or Trade Trent Frederic?

Should the Bruins retain or trade Trent Frederic?

• Retain

Votes: 73 66.4%
  • Trade

Votes: 37 33.6%

• Total voters

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Give it some thought. I am keenly interested in how this poll breaks down.

Thanks for your input,

1690236922313.png

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Retain. Not his biggest fan, but I’d rather move on from older players or players that won’t be part of the next run before Frederic.

Ultimately I really don’t care if Frederic stay or goes. I wouldnt give him any form of long term deal though. He’s not a piece the team should or will lose sleep over either way.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I say toss him aside. We don’t need to keep players we’ve developed over several years who just had a season where they scored 17 even strength goals for under $3M. Who cares about his analytics either - don’t bring that up. Can find those guys anywhere. Plus he was scratched in the playoffs - I’d trade him for a 4th rounder and move on and sign Paul Stastny.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I would keep him, give him a bigger role (pp time) and see how he develops.
Also feel that a year with Looch will do wonders for him.
I used to hate when the B's moved on from players before they really hit their stride or just before.
Although, as GW said if he is used to bring in a piece that we lack in trade (C1 or2) then that would be wise use of the player too.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I am going to say yes, trade him. He has developed in most aspects of the game but he is still a player with a lot of question marks, and a low ceiling,who amassed probable career numbers on an excellent team. We need a center, but I think we might do well for him in trade, especially as part of a package. Edit: The more I think about it, the more I say make him the second or third asset in a trade.

Last edited:

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I would keep him, give him a bigger role (pp time) and see how he develops.
Also feel that a year with Looch will do wonders for him.
I used to hate when the B's moved on from players before they really hit their stride or just before.
Big agree on this, he proved he's an NHL caliber third liner last season, time to start bumping up his minutes. Give him more PK time and put him on PP2, see what happens.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Unless it's in a package to bring Lindholm In then retain. Frederic brings much more to the table than inserting Beecher or Lysell in at this stage

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Too hard to say without knowing what his cap hit will be and what kind of return he'll bring, but hell yea I'd trade him if the return was worth it, but he sure wouldn't be the first guy I'd be looking to move out of town

Reactions: GordonHowe

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
How is a JAG going to price himself off the team?
One good year with 17 goals, lots of JAGs have cashed in via GM's being fooled by "trajectory" after 1 decent year and then the player regressing to their natural JAG levels after the contract. Happens in all professional sports and can albatross the team payroll, hence my statement on the one year "show me again" deal. If Sweeney decides his ask is too great, I'd prefer to put the $$ on Swayman and I'm guessing so would Sweeney. If I were Freddy I'd bet on myself and sign a cheap one year contract and work my ass off, keep scoring goals and win a few fights under Lucic's teachings. Otherwise with our limited cap space he will price himself off the team.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Big strong young C that keeps improving. Keep him. I only trade him in a deal that's really so good Bruins can't refuse.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Retain. Not his biggest fan, but I’d rather move on from older players or players that won’t be part of the next run before Frederic.

Ultimately I really don’t care if Frederic stay or goes. I wouldnt give him any form of long term deal though. He’s not a piece the team should or will lose sleep over either way.
Agree.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
If JAG is average by definition what % of NHL players are JAGS?
Everything being relative, My guess 70%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad