Poll: Do you want Boston or Toronto to win?

Who are you rooting for?

• Boston

Votes: 261 77.9%
  • Toronto

Votes: 74 22.1%

• Total voters

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
If the Bruins played Arizona in the playoffs, I would cheer for the Bruins.
Hahahaha I hate the bruins so much I wish they play against Arizona all of next year !

I'm soon to be 58 in 2 weeks. I hate the Bruins as much as any respecting habs fan should or could. I just don't see what the big deal is if the Bruins beat the leafs, what would it matter, how would it affect us? It wouldn't even be a big deal for Boston either, it's not even bragging rights, it's the god damned leafs.

But Toronto advancing is nauseating at it's core. We already never hear the end of leaf propaganda from it's media and it's delusional fans despite never accomplishing anything. It would be ten-fold worse if they actually went on a run. Nobody needs that.

NOBODY!

f*** the leafs and I say that with all the hatred I have in my heart for Boston, which is substantial.

I respect your opinion , just can’t be the … same
As a kid bruins made me cry …. Leaf’s made me laughs .
What’s their fans do don’t bother me as to be Frankly all fan basis tend to be obnoxious…. Just depend the point of view you look from

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The Leafs crowd sucks

One of my gym bros left for the game after his workout in a Leafs jersey (got to admit, their black jersey looks pretty sweet). I asked him if Sammy is in nets tonight (last night)?

He had no idea, lol! “I’m a Raptors fan, not a hockey fan but I got tickets from my dad’s work” was his response.

While there’s plenty of young Leafs fans, I’ve never been to a Leafs game but guessing the demographic isn’t as diverse as a Raptors game which I’ve been to many. Those games, fans are wild (though less so this season since they suck).

Anyhow, not cheering for Boston, but I’m not upset the Leafs lost last night.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
One of my gym bros left for the game after his workout in a Leafs jersey (got to admit, their black jersey looks pretty sweet). I asked him if Sammy is in nets tonight (last night)?

He had no idea, lol! “I’m a Raptors fan, not a hockey fan but I got tickets from my dad’s work” was his response.

While there’s plenty of young Leafs fans, I’ve never been to a Leafs game but guessing the demographic isn’t as diverse as a Raptors game which I’ve been to many. Those games, fans are wild (though less so this season since they suck).

Anyhow, not cheering for Boston, but I’m not upset the Leafs lost last night.
As a fellow Leafland inhabitant, the game is full of corporate seat holders. Outside in the square are the ambitious younger fans. The bars/pubs are where the real, excitable yet jaded fans watch.

Reactions: sandviper

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
The 2 teams I despise the most but have to go with Bruins. If Leafs ever won cup I would have to cancel my TSN and Sportsnet subscriptions because they would be unwatchable for a year.

Reactions: angusyoung

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
There's a major increase of players putting Canadian markets on their no-trade lists because Canada hasn't won shit in the last 30 years. US markets have become consistently more competitive and more attractive to players. Heck, just a few days ago. we had a thread showing the Habs as the most successful Canadian team recently and everyone agreed how f***ing pathetic that was for those markets.

These are disturbing trends that would alarm any moderately intelligent Canadian hockey fans. But nope, not here. Here, you have 80% people goofily rooting for that classless face-licker Marchand, and for players to get even more evidence that they should avoid Canadian markets or charge insane contract that kill competitive chances.

Go Bruins! YEEEAHH! :dunce:

• Haha
Reactions: CHwest

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Catching a bit of TSN and Sportsnet is insufferable already with the drooling over the Leafs,if TO beats out Boston it will be that much worse,no thank you!

Reactions: Kimota

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
My hate for Boston has gone down compared to when they had Lucic, Chara, Thomas, Thornton, Ference, Campbell and so on. Recently having a class act like Bergeron as captain also helped make it as hard to hate on them as much. I have respect for Boston as a sports city, plus most of my friends or people I know who like Boston are knowledgeable and realistic.

Living in Ontario, there is nothing more than I despise than the Leafs and their fans. It is insufferable watching TSN/Sportsnet talk about them and then having to listen to clueless Leaf fans act like every year is their year despite them going to playoffs with essentially the same roster each year.

Due to the above I want Boston to win, but if they do, I'll happily be cheering against them in the next round.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm soon to be 58 in 2 weeks. I hate the Bruins as much as any respecting habs fan should or could. I just don't see what the big deal is if the Bruins beat the leafs, what would it matter, how would it affect us? It wouldn't even be a big deal for Boston either, it's not even bragging rights, it's the god damned leafs.

But Toronto advancing is nauseating at it's core. We already never hear the end of leaf propaganda from it's media and it's delusional fans despite never accomplishing anything. It would be ten-fold worse if they actually went on a run. Nobody needs that.

NOBODY!

f*** the leafs and I say that with all the hatred I have in my heart for Boston, which is substantial.

So much THIS. Let's drink the tears of the Toronto media. The uproar of their loss should be so sweet.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
There's no "good" outcome for us, but the leafs aren't getting past Rd2, the bruins could ride their goalies to the cup. No way do I want to see the Bs win this series.

And FWIW despite people claiming the leafs are 'whining' they have a legit beef. The NHL lets the bruins get away with whatever they want because they're the 'tough' team and their owner chairs the NHL board. Its a different set of rules for them and it has been ever since Zednik getting clotheslined, Pacioretty being intentionally targeted by Chara, Campbell bias, Marchand clipping guys and claiming ignorance, POS lucic and on and on and on.

Boston represents everything wrong with sports. Cheaters and cowards to the end.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There's no "good" outcome for us, but the leafs aren't getting past Rd2, the bruins could ride their goalies to the cup. No way do I want to see the Bs win this series.

And FWIW despite people claiming the leafs are 'whining' they have a legit beef. The NHL lets the bruins get away with whatever they want because they're the 'tough' team and their owner chairs the NHL board. Its a different set of rules for them and it has been ever since Zednik getting clotheslined, Pacioretty being intentionally targeted by Chara, Campbell bias, Marchand clipping guys and claiming ignorance, POS lucic and on and on and on.

Boston represents everything wrong with sports. Cheaters and cowards to the end.
I think this is more of “when were you born” thread. Nobody 35 and under is going to understand the Bruins rivalry as being hateful because we beat the Bruins in underdog fashion in 02, 04, 14 and overall have been on the right side of the series against them more often then not since the early 90’s. Even in 2011 when they beat us and went on to win a cup, we arguably gave them the hardest time out of any team that played them and that always felt a bit like a moral victory. The hate for Toronto is much stronger for different reasons and it’s pretty intense for a lot of Millennials/Gen Z. The Maple Leafs losing as quickly as possible and seeing the cocky whiny fanbase melt has become a national holiday in Spring.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Marchand...................must be neutered. How he gets away with this crap, I dunno man....I love the leafs losing, but just not to Bawston......
Watching Panthers and Rangers, there is no way Bawstonn will move forward. Both teams are on another level. And I'm not talking about the Gawndenn Nites.

Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Watching Leafs fail year after year is a good enough reason to cheers for the Bruins. We have a rivalry to rebuild with Boston, I don’t feel anything watching them win or lose.
Good post
Over the past 20 or so years Sportsnet and TSN and the original CBC have driven down our throats all about the figs
Even 1993 didn't slow it down and we knew who won that year

The Bruins were a huge rivalry back in the day in the '70s but you'd have to be watching those games live to feel the huge rivalry that we had with Don's cherries boys

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
There's no one left from that era except Marchand...

So, why?
why does anyone care to hate toronto?? A team that's never mattered or was ever a threat. The only time I had any rivalry with them or felt one, was while they had guys like Tucker and Domi etc...otherwise they've always been harmless. Hell we destroyed them in the playoffs with a mediocre squad while they had a team that gathered stars whule tanking for years to get them. They're irrelevant. Who cares about the media and the fabricated rivalry between us?

• Love
Reactions: River Meadow

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
As canadian i like Leafs win, as Habs fan, i want to tease their fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad