Poll: Do you want Boston or Toronto to win?

Who are you rooting for?

• Boston

Votes: 260 78.1%
  • Toronto

Votes: 73 21.9%

• Total voters

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
anybody rooting for Boston should just stick stop watching hockey or something...Boston on the ice and all their teams have always been our top rival.

What's the leafs? They were in a different conference for a while. We haven't had as many playoff wars with them or even games overall. Yea the media is annoying or there's the Toronto Montreal thing politically and culturally, but on the ice? It's not even close.

Toronto haven't done anything. Their history is terrible. We smashed them in the playoffs when we weren't even good and they had all their stars....

If they beat Boston they'll be out next round any way. Both teams suck, but to root for Boston seems asinine to me.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I hate more Boston, but it's just so damn fun to see them Maple Lols fail in 1st round

Christmas before Christmas for me

Reactions: CDN24

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
anybody rooting for Boston should just stick stop watching hockey or something...Boston on the ice and all their teams have always been our top rival.

What's the leafs? They were in a different conference for a while. We haven't had as many playoff wars with them or even games overall. Yea the media is annoying or there's the Toronto Montreal thing politically and culturally, but on the ice? It's not even close.

Toronto haven't done anything. Their history is terrible. We smashed them in the playoffs when we weren't even good and they had all their stars....

If they beat Boston they'll be out next round any way. Both teams suck, but to root for Boston seems asinine to me.

The fact the Bruins are our greatest rivals in and of itself breeds a begrudging respect forged through great playoff battles throughout our teams respective histories. Anyone who has a qualm with the B's ousting the leafs only to lose in the next round, seems strange to me. Like seriously who would care if the Bruins beat the leafs? No one! Everyone beats the leafs, it would be nothing for the bruins to hang their hats on.

The leafs on the other hand, a team who has accomplished absolutely nothing in almost 6 decades, and yet somehow proclaim themselves as the hockey Mecca, with their deluded fanbase and media. If they beat the Bruins we'd never hear the end of it and it would be completely insufferable. I've never hated a fanbase or it's media more.

A bruins 1st round victory over the leafs only to lose in the next round is far more palatable than the opposite, it's by far the lesser of two evils.

As long as the Bruins don't win the cup who the hell cares if they beat Toronto?? They'd be doing us all a favour.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seeing Leafs fans being delusional and think you can win with no D and no goaltender is a personal pleasure. Hope Leafs get bounce again even if it means Boston goes to round 2
Goaltending killed Leafs many playoffs. You would think their from office would learn??

Build a great defense, goaltending would take care of itself

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We already experienced what it was like for the Bruins to barely squeak by our 7th seeded Habs and go on to end a long cupless streak. Over my dead body will the Leafs and their fans end 50+ years of misery
Here's a confession: I originally joined this board because I needed help digesting Boston's 2011 turd of a Cup. Check my join date – HF was my emotional support after that trauma.

Years later, the toxins are flushed and I'm good. I've even come to like many of the Bruins fans here, so I don't begrudge them their one Cup every half-century. But my doctor informs me I may not survive another pollutant so, as you said, a Leafs Cup may literally come over my dead body. Not to mention a Canada-wide outbreak of nausea. It's not worth risking so many lives.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
If I lived near Boston, my answer might be different. Try living near the GTA, and let me know how you'd feel about their fans, if Toronto would win?

I live in Toronto, I’m surrounded by blue and white everywhere.

Still want the Bruins torched….

But, I will admit I am enjoying my walk around the office and all the mad faces.

Who gives a shit about their fans? They’re not on the ice. The bruins are our greatest rival. We’ve never had a rivalry with the leafs.

Told a friend this a few years ago. He (Leafs fan) always used to tell me how much they hate us. I said really? Most of us never thought about you.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I voted Boston , much more respect for that franchise than Toronto , Toronto are beneath us ,and their fans are little ants and cockroaches .At least there is a competitive respect with Boston that simply doesn't exist with Toronto.

Also if Boston loses I won't get to chirp anybody in real life outside of the internet , If Toronto loses ill be laughing for a week at work

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Who gives a shit about their fans? They’re not on the ice. The bruins are our greatest rival. We’ve never had a rivalry with the leafs.
Fair enough, but as @Runner77 mentioned. It's not just their fans, it's the media. If Toronto were to win. I'd hear about it everyday.

I live in Toronto, I’m surrounded by blue and white everywhere.

Still want the Bruins torched….

But, I will admit I am enjoying my walk around the office and all the mad faces.
I'm not excited about choosing the Bruins lol I just dislike them a bit less than the Leafs.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Cheering for Boston. Why? I consider Boston our bigger rival, we just have not played the Leafs enough when it matters to develop that rivalry.

I guess it comes down to which franchise I respect more- that is the bruins. It was easy when Bergeron was there but as much of a Rat has Marchand is I would take him on my team any day over the prima donnas down the 401. Add in the Cdn media's fawning over everything Leafs and its an easy choice. Its fun to see Leafs fans/media cope with the annual letdown and within a couple of months its back to plan next yrs parade.

Also, Ottawa has the bruins pick by way of det this year - let it be in the 29-31 range.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hated the bruins since the 80s
As a 71-year-old Bruins fan I totally get it. The Habs crushed my Bruins so many times growing up.

I do like a number of posters on your board....Leaf board ...well they are a bit nuts.

I thought the Bs would have a bad year. If they make it past round 1, I will be happy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As a 71-year-old Bruins fan I totally get it. The Habs crushed my Bruins so many times growing up.

I do like a number of posters on your board....Leaf board ...well they are a bit nuts.

I thought the Bs would have a bad year. If they make it past round 1, I will be happy.
As an aside, always been impressed by the heightened sense of community on your forum. Posters seem to genuinely care for one another, something you don’t often see on this site as a whole. I’ve also posted there many times and my interactions were positive and cordial.

However, best for non-Bruin fans to steer clear of your GDTs. :laugh:

Welcome once again to our forum and best wishes.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Having friends and some family play for the Bruins and did my schooling in Mass. the answer should be obvious.
Those that voted Toronto were I gather not Montreal Expos fans,after all Toronto voted for contraction of the Expos,think that alone would make them repulsive enough to not vote for them let alone the Leafs fan base. Having visited Toronto and Boston plenty of times,Boston is nice,quaint,charming and loads of history with great restaurants pubs and bars and a lot of interesting people to talk with, haven't had that experience in Toronto.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Without a doubt, Bruins are public enemy #1, however living in the GTA , and being force fed Leaf "greatness" 24/7 is unf***ingbearable. Plus, Leafs tears are like a magic elixir.... so tasty.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Once upon a time I was a Bobby Orr fan. Met him on my 7th birthday and he was the first "celebrity" I had ever seen up close (well, not counting the Magic Tom show I once attended, but I digress) Obviously, after so many Adams Division wars through the last 45 years I have developed a big time dislike for the Bruins but I do respect them. I never respected the Leafs (or the Nordiques, for that matter) It was simply unmitigated hatred without the begrudging respect.

And as a Montrealer (ex-pat though I may be) I do still subscribe to what I call the Iron Law of Montreal sports fandom, which holds that the team from Toronto is always the greater evil. Montreal has never had an NBA franchise. I don't even watch basketball anymore. But if you ask me which basketball team I absolutely hate with a passion I will answer "Toronto Raptors" without taking a breath. I don't know a single player on their team but they have the word "Toronto" in their name so I automatically despise them.

So yeah, and despite everything, it's going to be super easy for me to root hard for Boston to destroy the Leafs.

Once that's done, however, I hope that whichever team the Bruins face in the second round annihilates them.

Reactions: Lshap and HabbyGuy

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
There's no one left from that era except Marchand...

So, why?
they probably just hate the franchise itself for the years of bitterness. As for toronto, theres actually no reason to really dislike them. He beat them in the only series since the 70s. whereas montreal has 6 matchups against boston in the 21st century. The animosity for a franchise doesn't just go away cause players change. Im a huge Yankees fans and I still can't stand the Red Sox.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
they probably just hate the franchise itself for the years of bitterness. As for toronto, theres actually no reason to really dislike them. He beat them in the only series since the 70s. whereas montreal has 6 matchups against boston in the 21st century. The animosity for a franchise doesn't just go away cause players change. Im a huge Yankees fans and I still can't stand the Red Sox.

There's no reason to dislike the Leafs but it's gonna be funny afffffffffffffffffff if they get bounced in Round 1 again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad