Poll: Do you want Boston or Toronto to win?

Who are you rooting for?

• Boston

Votes: 265 78.2%
  • Toronto

Votes: 74 21.8%

• Total voters

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bs look tired. They flat out sucked last night. On the other hand, Leafs looked terrible all series like, except for last night. They are turning it around in their effort and defensively. They could turn a corner if they keep working that way. It would suck.

Nah, this is just two flawed choke artists throwing limp wristed slaps at one another.

Florida is gonna destroy both of them and if they don't, neither of those teams are getting through NYR/CAR and then VGK/DAL/COL

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
With Carey Price? I agree. Without? I doubt it - our team isn't exactly good.

I actually think Leafs win game 7 and go on to sweep Florida.
I would rather the bruins choke and then the leafs go on to lose to FLA in 5 games!! Just like last year.
The Cats are a very good team with a few days off to get ready. Well coached.....don't think either of the Bruins or Leafs can handle them....

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Nah, this is just two flawed choke artists throwing limp wristed slaps at one another.

Florida is gonna destroy both of them and if they don't, neither of those teams are getting through NYR/CAR and then VGK/DAL/COL
I would tend to agree, but noone knows how momentum can swing when teams start to play with confidence, which has Beena huge issue for Toronto. If they figure out their confidence, they can become more dangerous. But I agree overall that this is a weak matchup. Bruins started out quite well with strong board play, but they look gassed now. They don't really do anything well at the moment.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would tend to agree, but noone knows how momentum can swing when teams start to play with confidence, which has Beena huge issue for Toronto. If they figure out their confidence, they can become more dangerous. But I agree overall that this is a weak matchup. Bruins started out quite well with strong board play, but they look gassed now. They don't really do anything well at the moment.

Toronto is still struggling to score goals, it's just the Bruins are even more impotent offensively. Just like last year there was hope getting the first round monkey off Torontos back would propel them forward but they were dismantled easily.

Reactions: Paddy17

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bruins after it was 3-1. Now that it is 3-3, Leafs.

Imagine if Matthews plays game 7 and they loose 5-1 with Matthews scoring the lone goal but a real beauty of a goal! :laugh:

Leafs without Matthews is a mentality thing. Same as the Habs playing D in the past without Price in net. Leafs playing the type of playoff hockey they should be playing. Limit the goals against you bunch of dumb idiots.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Let’s go Toronto. Nothing would make we happier than the B’s losing after being up 3-1.

I hope AM returns and scores 4
Looks to me Matthews is the problem there. They haven't lost when he's out of the line up. Also their record without Matthews is like 37-16 or something close to that.
I see a team that plays better and is more confident so far, without Matthews in tje line-up. Which is hilarious!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Looks to me Matthews is the problem there. They haven't lost when he's out of the line up. Also their record without Matthews is like 37-16 or something close to that.
I see a team that plays better and is more confident so far, without Matthews in tje line-up. Which is hilarious!
Matthew’s won them game two. Without him the series would’ve been over in four.

Sidenote:
I’ve consistently said it would be funnier if the Leafs lost in the first round. However, the Bruins choked on a 3-1 lead last year. If they do it again this season they’d be the first team in major league sports history to do it twice in a row. It hasn’t happened in any sport let alone hockey.

Reactions: BLONG7

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Bruins after it was 3-1. Now that it is 3-3, Leafs.

Imagine if Matthews plays game 7 and they loose 5-1 with Matthews scoring the lone goal but a real beauty of a goal! :laugh:

Leafs without Matthews is a mentality thing. Same as the Habs playing D in the past without Price in net. Leafs playing the type of playoff hockey they should be playing. Limit the goals against you bunch of dumb idiots.
As much as I dislike the Leafs, I tip my hat to the blue collar workers who won the last 2 games. It starts to look more like an hockey team and not a king and his subjects who are anonymous no-face ramdom idiots surrounding the beloved king. I couldn't beleive I would start to appreciate the Leafs in my life.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As much as I dislike the Leafs, I tip my hat to the blue collar workers who won the last 2 games. It starts to look more like an hockey team and not a king and his subjects who are anonymous no-face ramdom idiots surrounding the beloved king. I couldn't beleive I would start to appreciate the Leafs in my life.

Leafs do well when they stop crowning themselves as top 5 cup contenders. Go out and put the hard work in and earn the cup contender status. You don't get to self proclaim it on your own.

They are learning the hard way that in order to win, you need to play D. Soft goals allowed in the playoffs are momentum killers.

Leafs are like the opposite of the military... military breaks you down to build you up and the Leafs build you up to break you down. :laugh:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Leafs do well when they stop crowning themselves as top 5 cup contenders. Go out and put the hard work in and earn the cup contender status. You don't get to self proclaim it on your own.

They are learning the hard way that in order to win, you need to play D. Soft goals allowed in the playoffs are momentum killers.

Leafs are like the opposite of the military... military breaks you down to build you up and the Leafs build you up to break you down. :laugh:
Yes exactly !

Reactions: Habs Halifax

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Bs look tired. They flat out sucked last night. On the other hand, Leafs looked terrible all series like, except for last night. They are turning it around in their effort and defensively. They could turn a corner if they keep working that way. It would suck.
Bruins have looked awful past 2 games , Toronto D is playing super aggressive on them and they don't have the talent to make any sorts of quick plays under pressure to open men

Reactions: BLONG7

stats1

Jul 22, 2022

Soft goals also fall on the goaltender not just the team in front of him. Woll has been outstanding the last two games. Guaranteed if Samsonov is in net they lose game 5. Woll made some massive saves last night. Leafs are playing a much more rounded game but the biggest difference is for once they’re getting saves when they need it

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Doesn't the Winnipeg pick have a possibility to get better if the Bruins lose? That means that only NY or Carolina could get to the final four, which means teams behind Winnipeg will have 32-31-30-29 (if Dallas loses).

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Matthew’s won them game two. Without him the series would’ve been over in four.

Sidenote:
I’ve consistently said it would be funnier if the Leafs lost in the first round. However, the Bruins choked on a 3-1 lead last year. If they do it again this season they’d be the first team in major league sports history to do it twice in a row. It hasn’t happened in any sport let alone hockey.
I want to see Marchand go down in Flames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Toronto is gonna win ,its bizarro world
I think this is a game where the road team has less pressure....

I think Toronto is gonna win ,its bizarro world
I think this is a game where the road team has less pressure....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad