Poll: Buff or Wheeler. Who is the Jets MVP?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Close but I voted Buff. Wheeler is more consistently effective but Buff is more dominant and game changing when he's on.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I voted Wheeler, not only is he consistently great, but he is the guy that everyone follows on this team. Buff is the guy you can't replicate in the league, but his play is not always at its best. For that reason it's Wheeler.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Voted Buff.

No disrespect to Wheeler, but he's got to shoot more often. He's got a heck of a wrist shot but he needs to trust himself to pot it when he gets a shot. I don't no how many times I've groaned at the sight of Wheeler in the slot with an open shooting lane and he decides to pass it off instead.

Buff on the other hand takes over games all by himself. Whether it's with his wheels, huge hits, or his crazy slapshot. Sometimes it seems like the will is lacking, but when it's there he's like a meaner Lindros with more upper body strength. I'd pick Wheeler over anybody else on the Jets, but not Buff.

Derfel*

Overall I say it's Byfuglien, but it's certainly close. On a game to game basis, it'd really depend.

I'd also argue these shouldn't be the only two choices this season.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
It is very close- I went with Wheeler- he consistently gives everything and more... Buff has had some games this year where he was really unnoticeable

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Buff for sure, seems to score when the team really needs a goal, Wheeler cooled off just before Christmas and most his goals seem to come at inopportune times.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
who would impact the team more negatively if not playing or playing poorly? Buff. to me that's the criteria for mvp.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Where is Thorbs???

Seriously though, my top 5 in terms of MVP in order....

1) Wheeler (my pick)
2) Byfuglien
3) Little
4) Helle
5) Perreault, just a hair over Stafford

Scheifele would likely be somewhere in my 3-4 range have he stayed healthy all season.

Too many guys have not been where they should be this season, which is why we are in a lottery pick

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wheeler has directly contributed on 39% of our goals this season who knows how many more indirectly. He works harder than anyone shift to shift, he is the true leader of this team.
Buff is amazing when he is on but is far to inconsistent. If he could have strings of good games rather than a good game here and there he would be a more valuable player to this team but Wheeler is head and shoulders above anything Buff brings to the table on a night to night basis. Without Wheeler we are likely the worst team in the league. When Wheeler has a bad game everyone on here notices and makes comments about it, which is rare. When Buff has a bad game it's just another one of those games.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Buff has arguably been the face of this franchise the whole time.
Wheeler is having a career year but based on the body of work Buff hands down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad