Poll: Brock Boeser Will Have The Best Rookie Season Since... (A: Dixon Ward)

Where Will Brock's 17/18 Season Among All Canucks Rookie Season?

• Bo Horvat 14/15 (13-12-25)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cody Hodgson 11/12 (16-17-33)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Currently on pace for: 33 goals, 46 assists, 79 points!

Vote Away.

Just to be clear about how to vote... If you vote for Pavel Bure, that means you think Boeser will have the best Canucks rookie season since Bure, as in not better than Bure's season. First to posting a poll on the new format, hope it works.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yeah I think it's easier to put up a poll with a bunch of number ranges (ie. 1-10, 11-20...etc) then put the previous notable Orca rookie season points in a post. Just my opinion though.

I'd say BB will finish with 40 pts, give or take. I'd like to temper my expectations.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I do not understand the poll.

I'll say 45 points.
"Just to be clear about how to vote... If you vote for Pavel Bure, that means you think Boeser will have the best Canucks rookie season since Bure, as in not better than Bure's season. "

You are finishing the statement "Brock Boeser will have the best rookie season since..."

If your answer is the best rookie season since Bure, you select Bure.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Yeah I think it's easier to put up a poll with a bunch of number ranges (ie. 1-10, 11-20...etc) then put the previous notable Orca rookie season points in a post. Just my opinion though.

I'd say BB will finish with 40 pts, give or take. I'd like to temper my expectations.
That would be a different question all together.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Voted Bure as I don’t think BB will have a *better* season than Bures 34 26 60 in 65 but it’ll surpass everyone since (which sadly isn’t a high bar to clear).

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What the hell, I'll be the optimist and say he will have the best Canucks rookie season ever. 40ish points in 60ish games would put his right at Bures pace.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
is this poll implying that dixon ward had a better rookie year than the viking mattias ohlund?

Yeah I think people are confused by the points thing, but Ohlund had an amazing rookie season where he should have won the Calder but lost to the F/D and Eastern media bias (Sergei Samsonov). He came in as a 20 year old and was immediately our #1 dman.

Boeser could pass him but playing it safe right now I'd say it looks like:

1. Bure
2. Ohlund
3. Boeser

Then a huge gap to #4.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Yeah I think people are confused by the points thing, but Ohlund had an amazing rookie season where he should have won the Calder but lost to the F/D and Eastern media bias (Sergei Samsonov). He came in as a 20 year old and was immediately our #1 dman.

Boeser could pass him but playing it safe right now I'd say it looks like:

1. Bure
2. Ohlund
3. Boeser

Then a huge gap to #4.

ouch

47801691_614.jpg

Reactions: TheOtherGM

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
Production-wise, Boeser's on track right now to match or exceed what Bure did. Worth recalling that Bure only had 12 goals in his first 42 games as he adjusted to the NHL — though he eventually found his groove and started ripping up the league, with 22 goals in his last 23 games.

We'll see if Boeser can keep up this pace or starts slowing down as the season grinds on. His play right now seems entirely sustainable, but who ever knows.

Though, of course, in terms of impact on the city and the fanbase it's hard to top Bure's rookie season. On sheer excitement/entertainment value alone, it's possible we'll never see anything like that again.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Production-wise, Boeser's on track right now to match or exceed what Bure did. Worth recalling that Bure only had 12 goals in his first 42 games as he adjusted to the NHL — though he eventually found his groove and started ripping up the league, with 22 goals in his last 23 games.

We'll see if Boeser can keep up this pace or starts slowing down as the season grinds on. His play right now seems entirely sustainable, but who ever knows.

Though, of course, in terms of impact on the city and the fanbase it's hard to top Bure's rookie season. On sheer excitement/entertainment value alone, it's possible we'll never see anything like that again.

He's riding a 19.1 shooting %, a 12.5 oiSH%, and a 102.7 PDO.

He's a very good young player and will be an above-average shooter (he might be able to sustain something as high as 14-15%) but it's extremely unlikely that what he's doing is sustainable and he'll end up with 80+ points.

I suspect we'll see 40-45 points in his last 60 games and he'll take a good run at the franchise rookie scoring record and has a good chance of breaking it, but I doubt it will be a runaway with that record as it looks like it could be now.

Reactions: Dissonance Jr

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
He's riding a 19.1 shooting %, a 12.5 oiSH%, and a 102.7 PDO.

He's a very good young player and will be an above-average shooter (he might be able to sustain something as high as 14-15%) but it's extremely unlikely that what he's doing is sustainable and he'll end up with 80+ points.

I suspect we'll see 40-45 points in his last 60 games and he'll take a good run at the franchise rookie scoring record and has a good chance of breaking it, but I doubt it will be a runaway with that record as it looks like it could be now.

Yeah, that's fair. Was admittedly looking at old stats still open from before the Philly game when his shooting percentage was "only" 15% yet he was still on an excellent pace. (I'll be the first to admit I don't really understand how to use PDO.)

But fair enough that it's a safe bet he'll probably slow down somewhat.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
You are predicting that Boeser scoring rate will drop from PPG over the first quarter season to about 25pts over the final 60ish gms?
Bold.

not making a comparison, but remember daniel’s rookie year?

17 points in his first 25 games, i think second in scoring among rookies. then he gets hurt and is subsequently chewed out by crow for being too soft. after he returns, 17 points in his remaining 50 games.

so it’s not impossible.

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
not making a comparison, but remember daniel’s rookie year?

17 points in his first 25 games, i think second in scoring among rookies. then he gets hurt and is subsequently chewed out by crow for being too soft. after he returns, 17 goals in his remaining 50 games.

so it’s not impossible.
17g in 50 is still almost a 30g pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad