Poll: Bring back DP57?

Should the Blues try to sign Davin Peron to a 1-2 year deal?

• Yes

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I think so. I think the guy has the veteran presence that we need and he's a competitor. When the Blues didn't re-sign him after he had an amazing year, I lost a ton of interest in this team. I value loyalty a bit more than DA.

Reactions: LogosBlue

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I would 100% welcome him back. While I share your disappointment, it's a lot easier for fans to value "loyalty" than the guy who actually has to make the tough financial decisions. I mentioned it in the other thread but the flat cap forced most teams to make tough decisions and unfortunately Perron was the odd man out. I heard he was offered a 2 year extension (I believe at $4 million a year) mid-season, but Army had clearly already moved on to other priorities by the time the summer rolled around.

We can debate all day whether they should have given Leddy's money to Perron, but a lot of these types of decisions are more about timing rather than the player himself. If Perron's deal had expired one year earlier or later, then maybe things turn out differently. But if we can write a happy ending to this story by bringing him back to finish his career, then I am all for it.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Don't care. It's a pure nostalgia move, if that's important to people then fine, but if you're bringing him back on the expectation he's going to be some 22-33-55 or better kind of guy I think you're going to be disappointed.

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
only if kyrou gets moved. dont want to waste cap space otherwise.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
If the price is right, sure. I value vets who wanna be here while young guys are coming up, but it's not like Perron is some locker room magician or else he would have made the playoffs one of these last two years. Replacing someone like Kappanen with him seems like a positive both on and off the ice.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
If he agrees on signing a short term team friendly deal (max 2 years), I'd absolutely do it. He could be a great stopgap untill the young guys are ready for top 6 minutes and he gets the chance to retire in the Blue note.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Perron would perfect fit with ROR. They had really good chemistry, oh wait...

I dont see Perron IS that stupid to sign with Blues.

He will sign contending team.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I would do it, but my answer is biased in that Perron is one of my favorite Blues/NHL players, and I want him to retire as a Blue.

With that said even I would only go 2 years max on a deal for him at the right price. He'd be a great locker room presence, and he gives the business side of the organization some marketing ammo. His production is good for this stage of his career in my opinion.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I love Perron but he doesn't fit what we're trying to do here.
We need centers.
Unless we trade Buch, we're pretty well set on the wing.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I love Perron but he doesn't fit what we're trying to do here.
We need centers.
Unless we trade Buch, we're pretty well set on the wing.

What are we trying to do here? I think even the team is still trying to figure that out.
We need a 1LD and a center that can finish plays.
Perron fits right in for the short term and that's fine as long as the money and length is good. Plus he's consistent and is driven, qualites some of our players absolutely lack and qualities we need more of.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
What are we trying to do here? I think even the team is still trying to figure that out.
We need a 1LD and a center that can finish plays.
Perron fits right in for the short term and that's fine as long as the money and length is good. Plus he's consistent and is driven, qualites some of our players absolutely lack and qualities we need more of.

We have Kyrou, Buch, Schenn, Saad, Neighbours and Bolduc on the wing in the top 9(plus Toro and Sunny on the 4th line and the Dingo on the bench).
Plus Snuggles and Stenberg(clear line of succession to replace Saad and Schenn) still coming.

We need a #2 center and a #3 center(Dvorsky may fill one of those spots, but he's not filling both).

Like I said; I love Perron, but he doesn't fit here.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Like Sundqvist, I want players who want to be here. We’re not contending, and his signing won’t negatively affect anything.

Reactions: BlueDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad