Line Combos: POLE: Who leaves the lineup when Kane plays Mtl

Which Oiler forward sits next game w Kane arriving?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Shore has outplayed Kassian the last week.

I'd sit Kass, send a message, the whole team is playing with a lot of effort since the systems change before the Florida game, coasting isn't acceptable.
Kassian has been underwhelming, but Shore has outplayed NO ONE that's in the NHL. He is the worst regular player and it isn't really close.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

Dakkon

Aug 20, 2021
Sherwood Park
For the third time:

Kane - McD - McLeod
Holloway - Drai - Pulju
Hyman - RNH - Yams
Foegele - Ryan - Perlini
I’m sure this will be unpopular around here but I don’t agree with removing Kassian from the lineup. As I’ve stated repeatedly he is one of the only guys who plays with backbone on this team and it would in my opinion hurt the Oilers going forward to remove him. I’d bet if the Oilers were to sell Kassian at the deadline we would have all the big dogs lining up to get him for their playoff runs…

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The 4th line with Shore has played very well overall since Shore has returned. Shore saved a probable goal with a fantastic take out of Forsberg yesterday. Kassian meanwhile has been absolutely invisible for a dozen games or so it seems. He could use the 1 game wake up call.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Foegele, Yamamoto, McLeod and Kassian shouldn't even be options although knowing Tippett, we see McLeod sit in favor of the vintage Tipp PK 4th line of Shore-Ryan-Sceviour.

But seriously, Shore probably sits although I've liked him more than Sceviour the last few games.

Realistically, Kassian should sit for a few games if performance was any indication. Shame because he has so much ability to be better but he just doesn't seem to care much anymore whether it be the security of the new contract/young family now etc.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Foegele, Yamamoto, McLeod and Kassian shouldn't even be options although knowing Tippett, we see McLeod sit in favor of the vintage Tipp PK 4th line of Shore-Ryan-Sceviour.

But seriously, Shore probably sits although I've liked him more than Sceviour the last few games.

Two people selected “other” :confused:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Of the bottom line, I think Sceviours the best, Ryan's the worst with Shore close. However, I'd keep Ryan in there so that we at least have one real right handed centremen if needed for a draw on that side.

Though I'd be willing to try taking them all out and trying a fourth line of Perlini-McLeod-Benson, but that makes the PK group a little thin unless their willing to try Kane, McLeod and/or Benson on PK

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Kane McDavid Yamamoto
Foegele Draisaitl Pulju
Holloway Nuge Hyman
Benson Mcleoud Kassian
Sceviour Shore Ryan

that’s my hope when Holloway.

Until Holloway is up id play Mcleoud on The wing and play shore or Ryan at Center on the fourth

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Shore and Ryan come out perlini and Kane come in

Perlini from a skillset pov is completely redundant now. He has no role here now. He was taken on as a desperation find of maybe somebody that could play his way up in the lineup and get some looks. He's not able to play good enough shifts to even do that or be involved in plays. Most games when he's not scoring he looks like a pretender in the NHL. Perlini unfortunately is an exhibit A for a player that has skills that didn't add to those skills and that didn't grow his NHL game. Thus being passed over by every team in the league. Perlini is probably out because if he's not a potential topsix option theres nothing else he brings to the table. Suspect Perlini doesn't even go to Montreal

ps If I was dishonest I would change my answer to Sceviour. haha. But Perlini may be going too.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Hopefully they still play Sceviour over Shore. How Shore continually sticks on this team is mystifying. Guess he's just a Tipp favourite like Turris (barf).

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
Someone said it earlier, I think Kassian needs a bit of a wake up call.
He's lost his spark the last month or so.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
It should be Kassian but it won't be. Kassian is a shadow of himself. I do understand why he doesn't want to be concussed again. But if he doesn't bring a physical presence into the lineup then what is he?

Reactions: SwedishFire

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
It should be Kassian but it won't be. Kassian is a shadow of himself. I do understand why he doesn't want to be concussed again. But if he doesn't bring a physical presence into the lineup then what is he?

A bad player with decent wheels.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Kane is coming into the lineup meaning someone is coming out of the lineup.

Which Oiler forward becomes the 13th forward?

And I must say that entire 4th line maybe had their best game tonight v Nashville as did the PK.
How many can we pick? JK.

Yes, you are right, the 4th line was great last night, but numbers say someone has to sit. I'm going to say Scevior.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Agree with you, but I'm really hoping that with Kane in the lineup and playing with his edge, it should also draw Kassian into the fight (game, not fisticuffs necessarily), and show him how they need him to play. I would love if it would also get Nurse to play with even more of an edge. While I appreciate him coming to the defence of McDavid or Drai, or whomever, it's always in a reactionary play after the whistle. I'd love for the other team to get all pissed off for him doing something over the line while play is going on, and have the other team draw the penalty for once. Kassian used to do that, and was very effective at it.

Reactions: McTedi

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I’m sure this will be unpopular around here but I don’t agree with removing Kassian from the lineup. As I’ve stated repeatedly he is one of the only guys who plays with backbone on this team and it would in my opinion hurt the Oilers going forward to remove him. I’d bet if the Oilers were to sell Kassian at the deadline we would have all the big dogs lining up to get him for their playoff runs…

In theory it would be great if Kassian played like youre suggesting he would. Problem is he just doesnt. Hes got his contract and no longer gives a shit. Its very much a dustin penner situation where he wanted to get paid and no longer cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad