Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I bought a 2DS XL the other day and a few gens of games to burn through while I wait for SwSh. I started with Ultra Moon because its the most recent. For background, I pretty much haven't played any of the games since Gold/Silver, besides Lets Go: Pikachu. I'm enjoying UM so far, with my major gripes being:
1.) that it feels like I can't take 2 steps without being dragged into a pointless cutscene that I don't care about
2.) other than gym battles I don't think I've encountered a single trainer with more than 2 pokemon (and most only have 1)
3.) the game is just so incredibly forgiving, you get so much cash that money is never an issue to stock up on 100s of potions, every person you meet just hands you like 5 revives or great balls or whatever. There just doesn't seem like any challenge during the main game story (guess thats why people like Nuzlocke runs)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Only Pokémon games on it’s level are Platinum and HG/SS so :popcorn:

Well you got one of those right at least. :laugh:

Just messing with you of course. It's all preference.

But seriously, Gen 2 was the best and any other opinions are flat wrong. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Gen 2 is the best.

It's a shame it was followed up by the worst gen.

I'm one of those weirdos that really enjoyed Gen 3. Granted, it was a step down, but I can't even tell you how many times I've played through it - a statement that is true with 1, 2, 3, and 6 for me. Gens 4 & 7 I played exactly once, and gen 5 I didn't even get through it once. :laugh:

I probably would've played Moon through again if it wasn't such a slog on the "non-new" 3DS. A good 3-5 (threeve) seconds of black screen after every encounter really wears you down after awhile...

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm one of those weirdos that really enjoyed Gen 3. Granted, it was a step down, but I can't even tell you how many times I've played through it - a statement that is true with 1, 2, 3, and 6 for me. Gens 4 & 7 I played exactly once, and gen 5 I didn't even get through it once. :laugh:

I probably would've played Moon through again if it wasn't such a slog on the "non-new" 3DS. A good 3-5 (threeve) seconds of black screen after every encounter really wears you down after awhile...
One thing that will definitely be nice is the higher processing power of the Switch. There were some noticeable dips in the framerate in S/M.

I'm not a huge Pokémon guy but I'm definitely looking forward to a smooth experience.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I loved OR/AS, but 7.8, too much water. :sarcasm:

I never beat the elite four in...

Fire Red (because I don't have it), Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Let's Go Eevee, Let's Go PIkachu

And I have no interest in doing so even though I have a physical copy of all of them except Fire Red...

I might just retire. I don't know yet.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Detective Pikachu coming to the Switch:

It's a sequel, for the record.

EDIT: Pokemon Home announced. Connects with Bank, Go, Let's Go, and Sword/Shield:

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Are we assuming that for the Pokemon Direct tomorrow we might get a release date?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Starter evolutions are rarely revealed that early, iirc.

I'm expecting some generic footage, maybe a few early new Pokémon, some characters (rival, professor, bad team, etc.) and at the end, the cover legendaries and the release date.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
November 15th release date.

Dynamax gimmick seems kinda dumb to me, they should have just made more mega-evolutions IMO.

Love the idea of multiplayer raids. Hope I can play online with people that play locally. I have friends in another city that will likely be playing together.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Starter evolutions are rarely revealed that early, iirc.

I'm expecting some generic footage, maybe a few early new Pokémon, some characters (rival, professor, bad team, etc.) and at the end, the cover legendaries and the release date.
Pretty much followed this exactly. They touched on the new "Dynamax" system.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
November 15th release date.

Dynamax gimmick seems kinda dumb to me, they should have just made more mega-evolutions IMO.

Love the idea of multiplayer raids. Hope I can play online with people that play locally. I have friends in another city that will likely be playing together.
They'll probably have at least a few more mega evolutions, after all more were added in ORAS and S/M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad