MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
820.jpeg

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Players left from the 2013 draft that have yet to be signed are Roy, Harrison, Rafikov and Gilmour.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Haven't seen a bunch of Poirier but the limited games I did watch he was like a stick of dynamite. He hits... a lot, he scores.. a lot, whats not to like?

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Honestly I think the Flames need a Poirier type player the most right now. Cannot wait for this kid to put a Flames jersey on.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah man. I really hope he doesn't pull a Justin Schultz
if he wants to wait until August 15th, 2015 he can. But if wants to go pro before he finished his NCAA eligibility he must do it with the Flames

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Haven't seen a bunch of Poirier but the limited games I did watch he was like a stick of dynamite. He hits... a lot, he scores.. a lot, whats not to like?

I am a Gatineau Olympiques' season ticket holder and I can tell you that I am somewhat disappointed with Poirier's play this season.
He is very talented and has racked up the points this year, but there are some elements of his game that need to be improved.
For one, he needs to backcheck. He floats back to his zone way too often, waiting for the action to move the other way.
Secondly, he has been very undisciplined. He has accumulated many retaliation penalties this season and for which a lot of them could have been avoided.
He needs to be taking the game and his training more seriously and to take on the leadership responsibilities expected from a veteran like himself and act in an exemplary manner, on and off the ice. His team needs that from him in this Run-for-the-Cup season.

Other than that, I want to congratulate Poirier on his signing and hope, that in the 2nd half of the season, he becomes the workhorse player that we had last year yet more responsible, more explosive and more lethal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad