Management POHO Staios/GM D̶o̶r̶i̶o̶n̶/Front Office Thread - Part X [Mod Warning in post 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Mixed feelings on his termination. One one hand I really like the style of roster he's built. It's quite close to being great imo and I think well built to succeed in the playoffs.

But he's botched his fair share of things and I have no confidence he can finish building this roster to get us over the hump.

I want him replaced but I also thank him for the good he's done.

More than all that... I sure as heck hope we aren't replacing him with Chiarelli. That would be an instant downgrade. A significant one.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Mixed feelings on his termination. One one hand I really like the style of roster he's built. It's quite close to being great imo and I think well built to succeed in the playoffs.

But he's botched his fair share of things and I have no confidence he can finish building this roster to get us over the hump.

More than all that... I sure as heck hope we aren't replacing him with Chiarelli. That would be an instant downgrade. A significant one.
If Chiarelli comes in, I would hope/assume it's in a interim role until they bring someone of their choosing in the offseason.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
We'd have twice the team without his mistakes.

Stone, DeBrincat, Dadonov, Murray, Del Zotto, Talbot...

How many assets lost to bad moves and then to fix those same bad moves.

Reactions: Bileur

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

No it wouldn't

Reactions: RyCam

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If Chiarelli comes in, I would hope/assume it's in a interim role until they bring someone of their choosing in the offseason.
I would imagine this would be the case; Chiarelli as a caretaker GM to get them to the spring when they can bring in the guy they really want.

Chiarelli bumped up to some sort of senior advisor role after the fact.

Reactions: BondraTime

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Andlauer is very likely going to want someone with serious experience for the next while. Highly doubt he trusts this to a rookie GM after all of this.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
people shitting on Chiarelli but Dorion is worse lmao

Ottawa has traded some high high quality players under Dorion's watch

atleast Chia has a stanley cup

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Regardless of his actual ability, he was never given the tools to succeed. You can "develop" management and have them gain experience on the job but you need people around them to insulate their decision-making. This team, under Melnyk, never came close to anything resembling that. Just continuously stripping operations down to the studs until there was no structure left under him. I'm not saying that he would have been a guaranteed success under those circumstances but it's hard to say he could have succeeded in spite of them.

you mean all the people around him that he ended up alienating because of his insecurity?

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
we lost a 1st round pick today but it simultaneously feels like one of the greatest days in sens history???

Seriously, I'm not even tripping about losing a 1st round pick, this is like ONE arrow among the many ones on the Gif that @armani keeps posting

Bryan Murray must be rolling in his grave. This was his successor, what a shame.

Saying this without prejudice, but dealing with Melnyk and knowing that Dorion was most likely going to be his successor must not have been good for BM's health...

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Honestly they should make Dorion publicly apologize for this incident and then resign in disgrace. Firing him is too light a punishment.

Make him squirm on TV.
Boy you would be a great guy to work for. This is on PD because he was the boss but I bet it was a subordinate that screwed this up. Firing PD is punishment enough.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Bryan Murray must be rolling in his grave. This was his successor, what a shame.

Lol.

This was Eugene’s cheapest option

Can Pierre Mcguire please be the one to fire Dorion at the press conference? Then have Hamonic skate over to DJ on Thursday and fire him.

I rather they just troll dorion tell him before they just want to calm down the fan base and answer some questions . As soon as cameras start rolling Andlauer starts off a speech and ends it with “ Pierre you are fired today.”

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Lol.

This was Eugene’s cheapest option

I rather they just troll dorion tell him before they just want to calm down the fan base and answer some questions . As soon as cameras start rolling Andlauer starts off a speech and ends it with “ Pierre you are fired today.”
Lol that would be awesome I'd be totally cool with it.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Someone in the media better ask Andlauer how he feels about all of this crap coming up right after he bought the team and whether or not the league has disclosed any other investigations that we are not aware of.

Reactions: swiftwin

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Staios/Andlauer: We are here to announce today that after internal discussions and speaking to my boss Pierre Dorion, Pierre has given me permission to fire Pierre".

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
F93VTBGXkAA8ZMi

ROFL

This obsession with Dorion is unhealthy.
1698862308079.png
Definitely. Might want to switch that Avatar up
1698862923486.png

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
It shocks me that some people don't want to a see a villain get their comeuppance.
The general manager who built one of the bright young teams on the rise is a "villain"?

Like I said.... Unhealthy obsession.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

What does this mean for GM Pierre Dorion’s future?​

This is a fascinating question, considering Dorion was the general manager at the time in Ottawa. Losing a first-round pick directly because of his actions might be perceived as a fireable offense.

Considering the Senators are already at the salary cap ceiling — without Shane Pinto signed — this latest development is certainly not a good look for Dorion. But we should have a better indication of where things stand after the club makes an official comment later Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad