Fleury
Jarry

Scratches
Archibald, Gaunce, Sestito, Streit

Injured
Hagelin, Kunitz, Letang, Murray, Ruhwedel

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Man, CBJ pulling off a decisive win here would be... Good.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
My Jackets and Hawks need to pick it up and get off the snide. Critical, critical game.
I think they will win, they need to, they have too.

Sorry, but I am so hoping the Preds knock out the Hawks, with or without Joey.

Well, we lose this one and the fat lady can start singing. It just pisses me off to see the Leafs really playing well and giving the Caps fits, while our CBJ are making it look easy for the Pens. Not that the Leafs are a bad team, but what the hell is wrong with the CBJ?

Never mind, don't answer that.

Just ****ing win!!

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
CBJ have made solid starts and then made some critical errors.
Goaltender misplaying puck, d joining rush and forwards not recognizing or reacting.

The margins are thin - it can turn around but it needs to start today.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Don't worry, we just need to wait for some bounces to go our way. Would be nice if the players would be a little bit pro-active in trying to get good bounces but, hey, what do I know?

Need to respond tonight in a big way or bust

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I still don't get riding Carlsson when he's cost us in both games. Bob clearly isn't on the same page with that pair. Anyway, I'm feeling good about this one. 4-1 Jackets with Bob number one star. Momentum swings and we don't lose again this round. Count on it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I still don't get riding Carlsson when he's cost us in both games. Bob clearly isn't on the same page with that pair. Anyway, I'm feeling good about this one. 4-1 Jackets with Bob number one star. Momentum swings and we don't lose again this round. Count on it.

If we can just win these next two, we'll ensure the series comes back to Columbus for a potential series ending game 6 for both teams... that would be huge.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Everyone has their flaws and while he's been good at balancing it for most of the year, by nature Torts is a stubborn guy To me this is that Stubborn Torts on display and I don't think it's proving helpful in this series.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Everyone has their flaws and while he's been good at balancing it for most of the year, by nature Torts is a stubborn guy To me this is that Stubborn Torts on display and I don't think it's proving helpful in this series.

I wonder if Nuti is injured or Quincey is banged up or something because I don't get it. Harrington and Carlsson have cost us 3 goals so far and provided nothing else. Quincey is a veteran. Bob knows Quincey and Nuti and what they are going to do, he is visibly off and I think that has something to do with it. I thought Quincey has played well since the trade, he clears the net, plays with an edge and popped in a couple goals. This will be the head scratcher all summer if we don't pull this out. But I feel the forwards have outplayed Pitt and we just need one to go in early so everyone can exhale and play with the lead. We play way different with a lead than we do from behind. This team can't play from behind

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Just think about this for a minute.... the Columbus Blue Jackets have two more playoff goals than the 3-time cup champion Blackhawks.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I wonder if Nuti is injured or Quincey is banged up or something because I don't get it. Harrington and Carlsson have cost us 3 goals so far and provided nothing else. Quincey is a veteran. Bob knows Quincey and Nuti and what they are going to do, he is visibly off and I think that has something to do with it. I thought Quincey has played well since the trade, he clears the net, plays with an edge and popped in a couple goals. This will be the head scratcher all summer if we don't pull this out. But I feel the forwards have outplayed Pitt and we just need one to go in early so everyone can exhale and play with the lead. We play way different with a lead than we do from behind. This team can't play from behind

I'd be much happier with Nuti and Quincey out there. Yes, Quincey is not as fast as we'd like, but he knows how to handle playoff pressure. Yes, Nuti can pinch in at the wrong times, but he's really good at starting the offense with one quick pass.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My parents and girlfriend got me an Easter surprise, so I'm heading to game 3! Go Jackets

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Win or lose ...... I just want the Blue Jackets to go play and have a lot of fun doing it. Just go have fun!

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The 2002 Red Wings dropped the first two games, at home, against Vancouver, and went on to win the Stanley Cup that year. By no means are we the 2002 Wings, but it's not time to panic yet, as you would read in the Dispatch or read on the Union Blue Facebook page. We are in this, we are playing much better than the result would indicate, we just need Vezina Bob today and to score first and we will get on a roll! Hoping the rain holds off, heading to the plaza party for some loud mouth soup at 3. We can do this!

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I just want them to play like a 100+ point team. Win or lose they need to play like they belong. Some players need to show up at some point this spring, so today would be the perfect day for it.

I think Bob and Foligno both show up today and we get a W.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
We can bemoan the craptactic third line d pairing or the lack of top-end scoring all we want, but if Bob continues to play like garbage in the playoffs, forget about it, this team won't win. Like it or not, the Jackets are more dependent on their goalie than almost any team in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad