PNC tailgating stories

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
We tailgated almost every home game during the run, all of them. My two sons were 8 and 10. Epic street hockey games between those two and anybody else who wanted to join.

You used to be able to buy these exceedingly cheap one-time use charcoal grills at Target. We'd bring one of those and cook up burgers and brats. Did it for game 7. Every game it was a different set of strangers becoming friends....except for the Buffalo contingent. :eek3:

It's a memory my kids won't ever forget. They're now die hard Caniacs and my oldest son splits season tickets with me.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
We tailgated almost every home game during the run, all of them. My two sons were 8 and 10. Epic street hockey games between those two and anybody else who wanted to join.

You used to be able to buy these exceedingly cheap one-time use charcoal grills at Target. We'd bring one of those and cook up burgers and brats. Did it for game 7. Every game it was a different set of strangers becoming friends....except for the Buffalo contingent. :eek3:

It's a memory my kids won't ever forget. They're now die hard Caniacs and my oldest son splits season tickets with me.
Ditto on the bison. Unhappy folks for sure.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
one time in the playoffs the arena handed out pint glasses then a bunch of buffalo fans threw them at everybody after the game

but i haven't seen the police report

also i assume someone in the parking lot was standing near a tailgate
Pint night, 2006. I was there for this.

Theres a guy by the east gate where 328 always parties that has a remote control truck rigged as a zamboni cooler and it delivers beer and drinks. Stuffed stormy driving it.

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
one time in the playoffs the arena handed out pint glasses then a bunch of buffalo fans threw them at everybody after the game

but i haven't seen the police report

also i assume someone in the parking lot was standing near a tailgate

Not a pnc tailgating story, but in 2007 I went to a canes-sabres game in buffalo and had my car vandalized by their fans (I had NC plates with the hurricanes logo at the time).

I assumed they were salty about the playoff loss the year before, but they might have been drunk enough to mistake my car for a folding table.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC

Theres a guy by the east gate where 328 always parties that has a remote control truck rigged as a zamboni cooler and it delivers beer and drinks. Stuffed stormy driving it.
You sir must tailgate around me! I'm not part of the 328 shindig, but I'm usually not far from it. It's the best place to park.

Apparently about 10 years ago Jeff O'Neill came over to the 328 tailgate and had a beer. My friend Derek said he was already plastered at the time.

A small one, but one time in 2019 we tailgated nice and long before a playoff game against the Caps (want to say game 3). We saw the Caps team bus pull in and a lot of Caps players sat facing us on the bus, casually glancing at the scene as they pulled in wearing their suits. Alex Ovechkin was face against the glass, making direct eye contact with the fans. He made eye contact with me. He was wearing the world's biggest grin. It was clear he was elated to play against the Canes. Me and my buddies were intimidated, and still talk about that moment. At the handshake line I remember how Ovie was just all smiles. The man loves the game of hockey and took the loss like a pro.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

He had that rig at the Tiki hut last year. That’s usually where we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad