neg marron

Mar 1, 2002
gatineau quebec
www.rds.ca
who would you rather have and why look at their total career stats
i think gamache has overall more hockey sense plus he's more physical
and he's had an overall better career
i really enjoyed his days with the valdor foreurs as well as quebec midget aaa
hopefully he has continued success he's had success on every level :clap: :bow: :hockey:

Last edited:

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I'd take Bouchard. I think that if he can get stronger and play a little more physical he would be a realy good player. If Lemaire would put him on a line with Gaborik he would rack up the assists pretty nicely.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
i take PM as well, I think he has that special talent of setting up guys beautifully. He could be like Marcel Dionne (minus the goals).

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Bouchard = Better skater, better collective game, more coachable

Gamache = More competitiveness

In the end, Gamache is a somewhat one dimensional player who does a lot with what he is given and that's why he is underrated. His scoring touch is not really better than Bouchard but if he makes it, he'll score more goals because he is hungry for them.

Gamache is a nice underdog who has a chance to make the NHL as a pretty good scorer, most likely a servicable second liner who can be useful on a powerplay. He has everything needed to be as good or better than Briere. He could also disappear off the map. It's not like he's going to morph into something else. He has very specific tools.

Bouchard has more versatility. He can probably hang in the NHL even if his offense doesn't completely pan out. He also has a higher upside point-wise. He is less of a boom or bust.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Vlad The Impaler said:

In the end, Gamache is a somewhat one dimensional player who does a lot with what he is given and that's why he is underrated. His scoring touch is not really better than Bouchard but if he makes it, he'll score more goals because he is hungry for them.

Gamache is a nice underdog who has a chance to make the NHL as a pretty good scorer, most likely a servicable second liner who can be useful on a powerplay. He has everything needed to be as good or better than Briere. He could also disappear off the map. It's not like he's going to morph into something else. He has very specific tools.

Bouchard has more versatility. He can probably hang in the NHL even if his offense doesn't completely pan out. He also has a higher upside point-wise. He is less of a boom or bust.

:handclap:

*waits for doobiedoobiedoo to come in here and say that the wild f'd up on the shrimp*

bruins4777*

Vlad The Impaler said:

I disagree, do you mean "impact wise" or playing style wise? If youi mean impact i agree, playing style wise? Your way off the mark.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
bruins4777 said:
I disagree, do you mean "impact wise" or playing style wise? If youi mean impact i agree, playing style wise? Your way off the mark.

It's tough to say, though. Gamache is 23, and has torn up every league he's been in..and would likely be on Nashville's roster this year. With the opportunity, who's to say what he could or couldn't do?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
bruins4777 said:

Impact-wise is what I meant. I still think they are fairly similar players style-wise, though. Or else I wouldn't use Briere as a comparison point.

bruins4777*

Vlad The Impaler said:
Impact-wise is what I meant. I still think they are fairly similar players style-wise, though. Or else I wouldn't use Briere as a comparison point.

Impact wise i agree, but playing style wise i don't think so. Briere is a shifty set up guy with great skating. Gamache is a horrid skater, with a soft hands, wicked shot, great sense, and some serious grit in front of the net. Pretty different players.

It's tough to say, though. Gamache is 23, and has torn up every league he's been in..and would likely be on Nashville's roster this year. With the opportunity, who's to say what he could or couldn't do?

not entirely sure what your saying? it seems like your referring to his impact..i'm agreeing on impact, but he just doesn't play like briere and doesn't have the speed to do so.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
bruins4777 said:
Impact wise i agree, but playing style wise i don't think so. Briere is a shifty set up guy with great skating. Gamache is a horrid skater, with a soft hands, wicked shot, great sense, and some serious grit in front of the net. Pretty different players.

The skating and competitiveness are, IMO, the small things that differentiate guys like Briere and Gamache. But at the end of the day, you have to admit they are in that same category of players, compete pretty much for the same kind of roles and spots on a team. Briere tries to fly by the competition, Gamache seems to slow down the play with poise and patience. The results though, are pretty similar.

I dig what you are saying, you have a pretty good eye. But I don't split apples too much when speaking in general. If I say a team needs a big D like a Hatcher or Pronger or Blake, that's because they kind of fill the same role. They're still awfully different players in style. It's just that their job is roughly the same.

Similarly, players like Stillman, Bouchard, Briere, Gamache can be thrown in a pile.

And while Tkachuk and Bertuzzi have pretty different approaches, they also both fill that same power forward need. Anyway, that's how I see it in general :)

bruins4777*

Vlad The Impaler said:
The skating and competitiveness are, IMO, the small things that differentiate guys like Briere and Gamache. But at the end of the day, you have to admit they are in that same category of players, compete pretty much for the same kind of roles and spots on a team. Briere tries to fly by the competition, Gamache seems to slow down the play with poise and patience. The results though, are pretty similar.

I dig what you are saying, you have a pretty good eye. But I don't split apples too much when speaking in general. If I say a team needs a big D like a Hatcher or Pronger or Blake, that's because they kind of fill the same role. They're still awfully different players in style. It's just that their job is roughly the same.

Similarly, players like Stillman, Bouchard, Briere, Gamache can be thrown in a pile.

And while Tkachuk and Bertuzzi have pretty different approaches, they also both fill that same power forward need. Anyway, that's how I see it in general :)

ahhhh ok, i see what your getting. Usually when i read your posts i agree 9 out of 10, cause you have a good eye, but with this one you kind of threw me for a loop with that comparison, but i get what your saying. I'm the kind of person who likes to group group group and differentiate and break down playing styles, ESPECIALLY for goaltenders so when people do what you just did it makes me confused.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad