Value of: PLD's trade value this summer with 1 RFA year left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LVCarson

Jul 19, 2022
This is hilarious. So short of Pierre-Luc Dubois, currently employed by the Winnipeg Jets, going in front of a camera and saying: 'I only want to play for the Montreal Canadiens', everything else is just a rumor whose credibility can be dismissed?

I mean, really? :laugh:
You need to learn how to read. He said WINNING was the most important thing for him. Why would he go to a team that finished dead last in the league? There is video of him saying this multiple times. That is proof. That is facts. Stay away from those circle jerks on the Habs board. If you can’t understand the facts those gatherings are killing too many brain cells.
I can't provide evidence that PLD will only sign long term in Montreal nor do I necessarily believe that's the case.

But it's a fact that Montreal spoke with PLD in the summer of 2020 when PLD was an RFA to negotiate an offersheet. And it's very likely Montreal spoke with him again last July between July 1 and July 22nd when PLD agreed to the 1-year deal with Winnipeg.

While that information may be outdated since it's going to be 3 years old and then 1 year old this next July, we can't rule out PLD and Montreal having spoken and reached some sort of future agreement at that time. Montreal likely has more information than we have from public sources.
who ever said he was negotiating an offer sheet?

Reactions: cg98

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
who ever said he was negotiating an offer sheet?
Between July 1st and him finalizing the deal with Winnipeg, he and his agent are free to talk to other teams. It's fair to assume that he (and any other RFA) would speak to multiple teams during that time.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I can't provide evidence that PLD will only sign long term in Montreal nor do I necessarily believe that's the case.

But it's a fact that Montreal spoke with PLD in the summer of 2020 when PLD was an RFA to negotiate an offersheet. And it's very likely Montreal spoke with him again last July between July 1 and July 22nd when PLD agreed to the 1-year deal with Winnipeg.

While that information may be outdated since it's going to be 3 years old and then 1 year old this next July, we can't rule out PLD and Montreal having spoken and reached some sort of future agreement at that time. Montreal likely has more information than we have from public sources. Keep in mind, Montreal also tried to poach Aho from Carolina during this timeframe and apparently went about it in a way that upset Carolina.
Sure those kind of things are possible.

I was trying to get the poster to back his ridiculous assumptions that he it's trying to present as facts to rationalize his lowball offers.

Could PLD want to play in Montreal at some point in his career? Sure. No jet fan has said otherwise.

Will PLD ONLY agree to sign long-term in Montreal? Possibly, but a stretch. Nothing that we have at this time indicates that.

Will PLD ONLY play one year for any other team that isn't Montreal and bolt to Montreal as soon as that year is up to sign with Montreal at whatever they deem fair? Again a stretch with the info we have.

This are the two points Jets fans are disputing.

Reactions: Huffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad