Playoffs

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
That's how I see the western conference finishing heading into the post season. Everyone in from the west division!

1. Windsor
2. London
3. Sarnia
4. Flint
5. Saginaw
6. Kitchener
7. Owen Sound
8. SSM

Edit - Kitchener is such a wild card for me. Could catch fire and move up to 4/5.

Reactions: shot caller and LDN

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Here’s my best GUESS:

Western Conference…

London
Windsor
Sarnia
Saginaw
Flint
Owen Sound
Kitchener
Guelph
Sault
Erie

LDN over GUE
WSR over KIT
SAR over OS
SAG over FLT

LDN over SAG
SAR over WSR

LDN over SAR

Eastern Conference…

Ottawa
North Bay
Peterborough
Barrie
Kingston
Mississauga
Sudbury
Hamilton
Oshawa
Niagara

OTT over HAM
NB over SUD
PET over MIS
BAR over KGN

OTT over BAR
NB over PET

OTT over NB

Championship Final

OTT over LDN

****NOTE: The NB V OTT series may be very close. If NB does win, I think NB wins the Championship. I jsut sense NB may be the darkhorse contender that are being overlooked because they made their moves leading up to the deadline.

• Love
Reactions: LDN

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
Here’s my best GUESS:

Western Conference…

London
Windsor
Sarnia
Saginaw
Flint
Owen Sound
Kitchener
Guelph
Sault
Erie

LDN over GUE
WSR over KIT
SAR over OS
SAG over FLT

LDN over SAG
SAR over WSR

LDN over SAR

Eastern Conference…

Ottawa
North Bay
Peterborough
Barrie
Kingston
Mississauga
Sudbury
Hamilton
Oshawa
Niagara

OTT over HAM
NB over SUD
PET over MIS
BAR over KGN

OTT over BAR
NB over PET

OTT over NB

Championship Final

OTT over LDN

****NOTE: The NB V OTT series may be very close. If NB does win, I think NB wins the Championship. I jsut sense NB may be the darkhorse contender that are being overlooked because they made their moves leading up to the deadline.
Not sure about London coming out first in the conference after the TDL. We shall see.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not sure about London coming out first in the conference after the TDL. We shall see.

I like their defence. I think their defence can guard agaisnt the higher scoring teams. Additionally, they will play a huge number of games against easy wins. If WDS-LDN-SAR all play to a .500 record against each other, odds are pretty good that LDN maintains their standing as first. Sarnia is too far behind to catch London in my mind. Windsor is close but to me it is 50-50 and LDN has the lead. If WSR had the lead now, I would likely have them finishing first.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
I like their defence. I think their defence can guard agaisnt the higher scoring teams. Additionally, they will play a huge number of games against easy wins. If WDS-LDN-SAR all play to a .500 record against each other, odds are pretty good that LDN maintains their standing as first. Sarnia is too far behind to catch London in my mind. Windsor is close but to me it is 50-50 and LDN has the lead. If WSR had the lead now, I would likely have them finishing first.
London plays 17 or their remaining 32 games against teams that have made significant moves at the TDL
Windsor 5X
Kitchener 5X
Sarnia 4X
Peterborough, North Bay & Ottawa each once

Windsor plays 10
Sarnia plays 13
Kitchener plays 10

Did not include Flint or Saginaw in the mix.

Reactions: LDN and Ferda11

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
London plays 17 or their remaining 32 games against teams that have made significant moves at the TDL
Windsor 5X
Kitchener 5X
Sarnia 4X
Peterborough, North Bay & Ottawa each once

Windsor plays 10
Sarnia plays 13
Kitchener plays 10

Did not include Flint or Saginaw in the mix.
But they are good!

Kitchener sucks.

The only teams contenders should worry at all about are:
Ottawa
North Bay
Peterborough
Windsor
London
Sarnia

There are a handful of teams that are ok but should be beaten by a disciplined contender.
Saginaw
Flint
Kitchener
Barrie
Owen Sound

The rest are cannon fodder…

They have 12 statement level games. Windsor has 9. A three game difference.

London has the lead and just came off a nine gamer. 17-2 in their last 19. They are proven capable without their trades of winning games. London has a 3 point lead and have a demonstrated run over the last 19 games. Provided they remain healthy and can play above .500 against WSR, they should be fine to finish first.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
That's how I see the western conference finishing heading into the post season. Everyone in from the west division!

1. Windsor
2. London
3. Sarnia
4. Flint
5. Saginaw
6. Kitchener
7. Owen Sound
8. SSM

Edit - Kitchener is such a wild card for me. Could catch fire and move up to 4/5.
Awe!! Thanks friend!

Reactions: Ferda11 and OMG67

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
But they are good!

Kitchener sucks.

Ottawa
North Bay
Peterborough
Windsor
London
Sarnia

There are a handful of teams that are ok but should be beaten by a disciplined contender.
Saginaw
Flint
Kitchener
Barrie
Owen Sound

London has the lead and just came off a nine gamer. 17-2 in their last 19. They are proven capable without their trades of winning games. London has a 3 point lead and have a demonstrated run over the last 19 games. Provided they remain healthy and can play above .500 against WSR, they should be fine to finish first.
sarnia? idk.

their team is literally... 5 players.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
sarnia? idk.

their team is literally... 5 players.
What team below them is ahead of them? Flint? Saginaw without Mintyukov? Kitchener? I just don’t see a team below them realistically better.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
But they are good!

Kitchener sucks.

Ottawa
North Bay
Peterborough
Windsor
London
Sarnia

Saginaw
Flint
Kitchener
Barrie
Owen Sound

If they end up first in the conference at regular season's end, I believe they could very well be the western conference champs.
Personally with London's schedule compared to the other contenders, that is a huge hill to climb.
They do have a 3pt lead now.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
London does have 3 players who've got the experience of winning the OHL Championship, and playing in the Memorial Cup final. They've been added to a young team with good goaltending and good defense. Those players will have a positive influence, and are probably looking for a 2nd chance at a Memorial Cup win. Leadership and experience is an intangible that can not be quantified by statistics alone, but just might prove to be quite significant.
I'm biased, but I'm liking our chances at remaining in 1st going into the playoffs.
If they play at a .750 %, it will force anyone behind them to better that % to overtake them.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
But they are good!

Kitchener sucks.

Ottawa
North Bay
Peterborough
Windsor
London
Sarnia

Saginaw
Flint
Kitchener
Barrie
Owen Sound

seems to me London said Kitchener sucks in the playoffs last year, how did that work out for you. Love to see Rangers meet Knights in first round this year

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
seems to me London said Kitchener sucks in the playoffs last year, how did that work out for you. Love to see Rangers meet Knights in first round this year

I’m an impartial outsider. I have no horse in the race int he Western Conference. That must sting even worse!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad