Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs Round 1 vs Nashville : Game 7 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
If Stoner is cleared to play, my money says he draws in. He brings a presence we are currently lacking on the back end. Not to mention this was supposed to be the main reason we gave hm that contract. It's time for Clayton to do some big game hunting.

DaDucks*

If Stoner is cleared to play, my money says he draws in. He brings a presence we are currently lacking on the back end. Not to mention this was supposed to be the main reason we gave hm that contract. It's time for Clayton to do some big game hunting.

giphy.gif

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Nashville has the better stars both among forwards and defencemen,

What Nashville forwards have been better than Getzlaf and Kesler? Johansen has been mostly garbage and only has 2 points. Forsberg has looked good at times but has done virtually nothing production wise with only 1 goal. Neal has been the best of the three but Getzlaf and Kesler have still outplayed him.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If Perry and especially Rakell wouldn`t been playing so bad, we`d have clear advantage on forwards. But...

We have bigger depth than Nashville. That`s a big reason why we won 3 in a row, imo. Coincidentally all those 3 games Smith wasn`t playing for them. And now he is

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
If Perry and especially Rakell wouldn`t been playing so bad, we`d have clear advantage on forwards. But...

We have bigger depth than Nashville. That`s a big reason why we won 3 in a row, imo. Coincidentally all those 3 games Smith wasn`t playing for them. And now he is
I'm not sure why it's especially Rakell and not especially Perry. Perry isn't coming off a surgery that caused big weight loss right before the playoffs started. Rakell's play has been a bit disappointing no doubt, but he's deserving of some slack because of that surgery (imo at least). Perry on the otherhand doesn't have that sort of slack and has been far more disappointing - especially if you consider he's suppose to be the elite goalscorer on the team.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm not sure why it's especially Rakell and not especially Perry. Perry isn't coming off a surgery that caused big weight loss right before the playoffs started. Rakell's play has been a bit disappointing no doubt, but he's deserving of some slack because of that surgery (imo at least). Perry on the otherhand doesn't have that sort of slack and has been far more disappointing - especially if you consider he's suppose to be the elite goalscorer on the team.

Yeah Perry has been garbage, I don't like that he's been credited with 4 assists as it makes it look like he's chipped in a bit offensively when he's been mostly MIA.

It's the second (almost) full series (excluding rookie year) where he's disappeared completely (Detroit being the first). People rip on Getzlaf for his lower production levels as the round goes on but he's never taken an entire series off like Perry has.

Him cominh up big in game 7 would go a long way to making up for how awful he's been in games 1-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad