Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs Round 1 vs Nashville : Game 7 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
To the previous post with Cogs' quotes.

It's true, this team does an amazing job and giving the proper soundbites and all that, and yay for them. Until they ACTUALLY do it, their words are meaningless.

There are but a few on this team that walk the walk, Cogs being one of them.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
To the previous post with Cogs' quotes.

It's true, this team does an amazing job and giving the proper soundbites and all that, and yay for them. Until they ACTUALLY do it, their words are meaningless.

There are but a few on this team that walk the walk, Cogs being one of them.
what bothers me is bieksa's (i think it was him) comments; "starting the PO's at home is really hard, we would have been better off to start on the road"...

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
The above is probably one of the best quotes for some of the negative posters on here (myself included). BUT when its your two best players that are involved in that last 3 it raises some questions. Obviously somebody has to lose, and this streak is bound to snap at some point, you just gotta work hard and hope the bounces go your way. Thats what i assume the message is from BB. Always trust your system.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

Re-watching game 6 right now, plays like this is why Fowler will never be a #1D....this happens way to often, while playing with an anchor in Bieksa doesn't help obviously not willing to take a hit to clear the puck or make a pass is just unacceptable in the playoffs.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I've been promising myself to get down to California if the Ducks ever make the finals for a few years now. It's come up short each year, and im not one to believe in all these crazy prophecies people believe in, but....

Just had a fortune cookie from some leftover chinese we had earlier in the week, it said

"You are going to travel somewhere very far away"

Either the Ducks are winning tomorrow or I'm probably going to die. One or the other. Go DUCKS!

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Re-watching game 6 right now, plays like this is why Fowler will never be a #1D....this happens way to often, while playing with an anchor in Bieksa doesn't help obviously not willing to take a hit to clear the puck or make a pass is just unacceptable in the playoffs.

Over 400 games in the NHL and he's still shying away from contact.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Reading both team's message boards, it's like a competition about which fans can be more pessimistic, haha..

Could a game be more 50/50 than this one?

Nashville has the better stars both among forwards and defencemen, but Anaheim has the better depth. Nashville's third pairing is horrible, for instance.

Andersen is also a better goalie 8 times out of 10.

In order for us to win, at least 5 out of these things needs to happen:

* Perry has to wake up
* Rakell has to find a way to battle through the ring-rust from his surgery
* Lindholm has to have a game of the ages - and get the icetime to go with it
* BB has to outcoach Laviolette (good chance due to home ice advantage)
* Kesler's line has to play their best game of the series.
* Andersen has to be better than Rinne
* Refs have to call the game "fairly", if that makes any sense
* Getzlaf has to step up and have his best game of this series

Which 5 points are most likely?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I hope Theodore doesn't play Game 7, he's been garbage these playoffs....big learning curve for him. It's too bad Manson isn't healthy as that would really help balance out the pairings.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I hope Theodore doesn't play Game 7, he's been garbage these playoffs....big learning curve for him. It's too bad Manson isn't healthy as that would really help balance out the pairings.

To be hones.manson wasnt that great before he got hurt...

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006

Yup. Its pu***** sh*****. He is afraid to get hit.. Not a ideal thing for a 1d to do.

DaDucks*

tumblr_li3kd6tkah1qhl9nho1_500.gif

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
To be hones.manson wasnt that great before he got hurt...
And he was still far better then Theodore has been. May not have been in his best form, but he was still playing solid enough to be a solid partner and minute eater next to Lindholm.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
And he was still far better then Theodore has been. May not have been in his best form, but he was still playing solid enough to be a solid partner and minute eater next to Lindholm.

very true, Theodore is in there because Stoner is hurt.. But stoner will play game 7.. I Dont think its going to matter that much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad