B-Sens Playoffs Round 1 - Belleville Senators vs Rochester Americans

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Ridley Grieg on his way?? Brandon just eliminated from WHL playoffs

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
If he's healthy, absolutely.
To slot in at 3/4RW?

Don't see him superseding Losin/Reinhart/Luchini/Kelly on the left or Jarventie/Sokolov on the right, while Senyshyn probably has seniority over him.

Hard to slot a guy in with a team that's gelled together so well of late unless there's some nagging injuries

Reactions: aragorn and Samboni

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd be surprised too, if some of these guys just coming in now from junior were to get any games in the playoffs. Development time is during the regular season not in the playoffs & Belleville will have plenty of guys with NHL experience & AHL experience who in my opinion will be the better players RIGHT NOW.

Greig might be the only guy coming in who they might look at in practise, if he comes, but given he was hurt for a long time it might make more sense to let him rest up until next season & start anew. It's a big jump from junior to the AHL & just like the NHL the AHL playoffs will be a notch higher in intensity & continue to build the longer it goes. Greig is going to be a good player some day, but why risk him getting re-injured again when they already have plenty of good experienced players.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
According to Pierre Dorion, Ridly Greig will be joining Belleville right away. Tyler Boucher has a personal family matter to attend to and once that resolves itself he will be joining Belleville. It is unclear what the timeline looks like on the family matter issue so it is uncertain when Boucher might be available.

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I’m optimistic about this Belleville playoff run. Don’t kno if they will get the Calder but I think they will win a round or two

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Greig was practically this teams 1C to start last season … can’t see him not getting games unless he isn’t healthy.

Reactions: teddygmr

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Greig was practically this teams 1C to start last season … can’t see him not getting games unless he isn’t healthy.
Is he though? Or if he is, how rusty is he? He beasted the whole season and couldn't really get it going in the playoffs. Is that because of rust or because he's still hurt?

If he starts feeling it again, look out, he could be a huge addition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad