Romanov Kulak
x-Gustafson Merrill

Price
Allen
Primeau

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
That defence will be their downfall. The Habs lack of scoring stems primarily from their lack of offensive defensemen that can create odd man rushes the other way. They have issues getting the puck out of the zone with skating/passing which causes the forwards to come down way too deep. When they do exit their zone, it's an outnumbered odd man rush. (Mostly 2 on 3s/4s which get stopped pretty easily)

Given this, I would put Chiarot with Romanov on the second pair and Kulak with Weber on the third. This gives each pairing a stable defender with a primary puck mover. It's not great but better than the current set-up.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If there is playoffs for us.

Forwards:
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Toffoli Suzuki Armia
Drouin Kotkaniemi Anderson
Byron Staal Perry
x-Lehkonen Evans Caufield

Defence:
Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Weber
Romanov Kulak
x-Gustafson Merrill

Price
Allen
Primeau

Toffoli Kotkaniemi Caufield
Tatar Danault Anderson
Drouin Suzuki Gallagher
Gustafsson Staal/Evan's Perry

Eddy Petry
Chiarot Weber
Romanov Merrill

Price
Allen

Reactions: MaynardJames

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Armia - Staal - Perry
(Swap Lehkonen, Evans and Byron in and out to keep Perry and Staal fresh)

Edmundson - Petry
Kulak/Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Merrill
(Sit one of Chiarot/Kulak)

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Tuna Dano Gally
Toffoli KK Perry
Byron Suzuki Anderson
Drouin Evans Armia

Sit Staal and Lehkonen

Chiarot Weber (wish there was someone else to put on the left side but they’re just not available in trades...)
Eddie Petry
Merril Romanov

Sit Kulak and Gus and rocket omelet to the Rocket

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Toffoli - KK - Anderson
Drouin - Suzuki - Gallagher
Tatar - Danault - Byron
Lehkonen - Staal - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Merrill

If Byron keeps playing well, this would allow Gallagher to play on a more offensive line in the playoffs. He hasn't played much with Suzuki, but I think he'd fit in well on that line.

It is tough to keep Evans out, but Lehkonen is one of the few guys who step up in the playoffs. I would give Staal a chance in the playoffs before Evans, but if he continues to add nothing then Evans can take his spot.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
drouin-Kk-Anderson
Byron-Staal/Evans-Perry
Lehkonen out. X FACTOR CAUFIELD

Eddy-petry
Romanov-Weber
Chariot-Merill
O: Gus, Kulak

Price

Reactions: Ozmodiar

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I have seen enough of JD in the past 4 years, to say without hesitation he should not be in the lineup in the playoffs, but we all know that wont happen. Hopefully, once the playoffs start, and JD doesn't bring it and hopefully he does, but if not, they have options and get him out of the lineup.
It's time for everyone including MB to admit a huge mistake was made in obtaining this kid.
Our D hopefully can handle the playoffs, it sure looks like he has put together a big group........all the while we have to admit it's 2021 right now, not 2010, so..........................

Reactions: Miller Time

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Drouin - Kotakaniemi - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Byron - Staal - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Merrill

and if Caufield continue like that and he show that he can have an impact this year:

Toffoli - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Byron - Staal - Perry

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Merrill

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher/Byron
Toffoli - JKO - Anderson
Staal - Suzuki - Caufield/Byron
Lekhonen - Evans - Armia
Byron, Perry, Poehling, Caufield, Drouin

Edmundson - Petry
Merrill - Weber
Romanov - Chiarot
Kulak/Gustafsson

Price
Allen

pray Price gets hot and caufield comes in and goes 08' cammalleri... we might just win a round if we got lucky.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I have seen enough of JD in the past 4 years, to say without hesitation he should not be in the lineup in the playoffs, but we all know that wont happen. Hopefully, once the playoffs start, and JD doesn't bring it and hopefully he does, but if not, they have options and get him out of the lineup.
It's time for everyone including MB to admit a huge mistake was made in obtaining this kid.
Our D hopefully can handle the playoffs, it sure looks like he has put together a big group........all the while we have to admit it's 2021 right now, not 2010, so..........................
Drouin always plays his best in the playoffs though.

Reactions: HankyZetts and abo9

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
It still to be seen in MTL . I hoped He will be decent because he is hot garbage during the season .

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I didn't like Tatar-Danault-Gallagher did in the return to play.

I wonder how Drouin-Suzuki-Gallagher would do.
Gally was hurt last year, which I think slowed them down.

With how they are playing this year and if Gally is healed, I can't see us breaking up that line. They've been great since getting back together

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Gally was hurt last year, which I think slowed them down.

With how they are playing this year and if Gally is healed, I can't see us breaking up that line. They've been great since getting back together

True about last year... This has had mixed results. They will start together no doubt.

But Byron doing well with them last game confirms he plays well with Danault. If the Danult line falters, we could free up Gallagher, and that could be good to get KK or Suzuki going. Danault seems to play well with fast players. I wonder also if Anderson would do well with Danault.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
True about last year... This has had mixed results. They will start together no doubt.

But Byron doing well with them last game confirms he plays well with Danault. If the Danult line falters, we could free up Gallagher, and that could be good to get KK or Suzuki going. Danault seems to play well with fast players. I wonder also if Anderson would do well with Danault.
Agreed. Byron has played well with that group and we could boost KK or Suzy. Lots of options

Reactions: 26Mats

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think the lack if assigned lines is what's hurting us the most. By having 3 lines that can be the top line any given night, we don't have any dedicated checking, shut down or offensive lines. It leaves us with 3 jack of all trades, master of none lines. That being said, I'd go with the following to help address that and with the mindset of what the current coaching staff would do:

Tatar Suzuki Gally - Scoring line
Toffoli KK Anderson - Scoring line
Byron Danault Armia/Lehkonen - shut down line that shadows opponents top line
Caufield Staal Perry - energy line with offence
Lehkonen

Chiarot Weber - You know this is the top pairing going into the playoffs. Just accept it.
Edmundson Petry - Has been best duo all year
Romanov Merrill - Merrill stays home allows Romanov to join the rush
Kulak

Anyone miss Drouin? LOL

PP 1:

Caufield Perry KK
Gally
Petry

PP2:
Toffoli Staal Tatar
Anderson
Weber (I'd prefer Romanov)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Agreed. Byron has played well with that group and we could boost KK or Suzy. Lots of options

And at least Dom is willing to try some of them out! That's why I'm not as against Dom as some. At least he tries things that Claude didn't. So I'm going to see what he comes up with after some experimentation before I call for him to be replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think the lack if assigned lines is what's hurting us the most. By having 3 lines that can be the top line any given night, we don't have any dedicated checking, shut down or offensive lines. It leaves us with 3 jack of all trades, master of none lines. That being said, I'd go with the following to help address that and with the mindset of what the current coaching staff would do:

Tatar Suzuki Gally - Scoring line
Toffoli KK Anderson - Scoring line
Byron Danault Armia/Lehkonen - shut down line that shadows opponents top line
Caufield Staal Perry - energy line with offence
Lehkonen

Chiarot Weber - You know this is the top pairing going into the playoffs. Just accept it.
Edmundson Petry - Has been best duo all year
Romanov Merrill - Merrill stays home allows Romanov to join the rush
Kulak

Anyone miss Drouin? LOL

PP 1:

Caufield Perry KK
Gally
Petry

PP2:
Toffoli Staal Tatar
Anderson
Weber (I'd prefer Romanov)

No Suzuki on the 2nd unit?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised if we go back to Drouin-Suzuki-Armia especially with how they played in the playoffs together. That leaves Toffoli and Anderson with KK, and the Danault line in tact.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Forwards:
Caufield-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lekhonen Suzuki Toffoli
Evans Staal Perry
Drouin-Byron-Poehling
Defence:
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Weber
Chiarot-Merrill

Price
Allen

This has a chance to actually do damage. Poehling is the wild card, if he can slot in with Suzuki and Toff he could make this line very, very dangerous. Otherwise you have to bank on Toff and Suze taking their high IQ hockey to the next level while Lekhonen just crashes and bang like he can do.

If Kulak, Drouin or Byron touch the ice, this team isn't winning.

Also, run for 90 seconds

Suzuki-KK-Perry
Caufield-Petry

Suzuki below goal line and around the net, KK on the right halfboard controlling the play, Petry up top as the 2nd trigger option, Perry in his office and Caufield in the Ovi, scratch that, in the Goal Caufield spot.

Run wtv you want for the last 30 seconds, it doesn't matter, give Toffoli, Gally and Anderson their PP time as they deserve it, but don't rely on them.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Forwards:
Caufield-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lekhonen Suzuki Toffoli
Evans Staal Perry
Drouin-Byron-Poehling
Defence:
Edmundson Petry
Romanov Weber
Chiarot-Merrill

Price
Allen

This has a chance to actually do damage. Poehling is the wild card, if he can slot in with Suzuki and Toff he could make this line very, very dangerous. Otherwise you have to bank on Toff and Suze taking their high IQ hockey to the next level while Lekhonen just crashes and bang like he can do.

If Kulak, Drouin or Byron touch the ice, this team isn't winning.

Also, run for 90 seconds

Suzuki-KK-Perry
Caufield-Petry

Suzuki below goal line and around the net, KK on the right halfboard controlling the play, Petry up top as the 2nd trigger option, Perry in his office and Caufield in the Ovi, scratch that, in the Goal Caufield spot.

Run wtv you want for the last 30 seconds, it doesn't matter, give Toffoli, Gally and Anderson their PP time as they deserve it, but don't rely on them.

I like those lines. I’m sure they’ll play Drouin so I guess he slots in beside Suzuki.

With the Evans-Staal-Perry line is it better to have Staal as the centre or Evans?

As far as the PP is concerned I agree with you too. That’s a great looking unit with 5 guys that can score or pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad