Playoffs Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Kyle Rowland‏Verified account @KyleRowland
FollowFollow @KyleRowland
With Game 3 nearing, it’s time to put the Ohio State-CBJ comparisons I’ve seen in recent days to rest. Columbus is not a hockey town, and it never will be. But there is nothing wrong with that.

Feel free to let this clown know how ignorant he is. (He lives in Toledo!)
f*** him!

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

77Stormbreaker

Apr 30, 2019
Im somewhat disappointed Foligno or Anderson or Jenner havent thrown some hands but at the same time understand it could hurt more than help .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Unless the schedule changes drastically with us being weeknight only games, I’m going to miss some hockey that I’ve been waiting years for! Since we will be low seed in every potential series, it’s not looking good for me.

And there’s that OBX beach vacay booked and paid June 8....

I'm not sure if or why this matters, but the Jackets would be the higher seed vs Dallas or Colorado. Those teams would have missed in the East by 5+ points.

Reactions: Derby

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Lines without Nash today:

Panarin - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Duchene - Atkinson
Dubinsky - Jenner - Anderson
Dzingel - Wennberg - Texier

Really like those first two lines.

Seems odd they’d break up Nash-Dubinsky-Jenner... unless the Nash injury is serious? (Anderson probably wouldn’t be rolling with Dubinsky and Jenner unless that was the planned line for tomorrow.) Could he actually be out tomorrow?

I do think Dzingel-Wennberg-Anderson would’ve been more effective than Dzingel-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand last night, and would be a way to keep the 4th line (now 3rd line?) together tomorrow while providing more overall balance across the lineup, but why doubt Torts at this point? :laugh:

Guessing if Nash is good to go, the new 4th line will be Dzingel-Wennberg-Nash with Tex still out.

I love those lines if Nash goes in for Wennberg. (Or if Sedlak does, one can dream.)

I think I just put up that exact top six yesterday.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I always had a soft spot for McBackup. Glad to see he's holding strong for the Canes

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Can't deny.. I was kinda pulling for the Canes because of McElhinney

But if they sweep the Isles, they're gonna have a nice chunk of time to get healthy.

Either way, gotta continue to take care of business with Boston or its all fruitless..

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Im actually terrified of playing the Canes with how they are playing.

Meh, 10 days ago, it was the NYI that was the team to be terrified of. Things can change quickly.

Carolina’s up 3-0 but hasn’t dominated any games this series (even benefitted from some puck luck in game 2). And not to take anything away from the NYI - and major credit to Trotz, Lee, Lehner and others for the leadership to help get a sum-is-better-than-its-parts season - but that team severely overachieved its talent level this year.

If we sweep Tampa and get by Boston, I’m certainly not gonna be terrified of Carolina. Doesn’t mean it won’t be tough. Doesn’t mean we can’t lose. Carolina’s a good team. But terrified? Absolutely not.

77Stormbreaker

Apr 30, 2019
Meh, 10 days ago, it was the NYI that was the team to be terrified of. Things can change quickly.

Carolina’s up 3-0 but hasn’t dominated any games this series (even benefitted from some puck luck in game 2). And not to take anything away from the NYI - and major credit to Trotz, Lee, Lehner and others for the leadership to help get a sum-is-better-than-its-parts season - but that team severely overachieved its talent level this year.

If we sweep Tampa and get by Boston, I’m certainly not gonna be terrified of Carolina. Doesn’t mean it won’t be tough. Doesn’t mean we can’t lose. Carolina’s a good team. But terrified? Absolutely not.

NYI was faaar from the team to be afraid of. They have had highly unsustainable play all year long including the playoffs. They magically went from mist GAA to least. They doesn't happen without alot of luck.

Bostons average defense is doing a good joh holding our top guys at bay besides Panarin and Duchene and Carolinas defense can play just as well as ours.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I want to be (cautiously) optimistic about the Boston series but I cant.

The Jackets have had a lot of puck luck so far and have been clearly outplayed sometimes for entire periods.

I hope Torts does something about it. Boston is possibly the toughest opponent left among everyone else and tomorrow is a very crucial game.

CBJ is lucky to be ahead in this series tbh.

Boston got their puck luck game 1. They could be down 3-0 if CBJ held game 1 lead. I think Jackets are in good shape. Boston’s expended a lot of energy in their 7 game series, the OT/2OT games. And fighting for their lives in game 3 If they couldn’t push hard enough to win these last two games, I have hard time believing they’re going to find another gear for four more games. They are wearing down. They’re going to continue to regress and unless Bob breaks, it’ll be very hard for them to beat him 3 of next 4. Our core (Bob,Seth,Duchene,Panarin,Boone,Anderson) look pretty cool and collected. Berg is taking fatigue penalties and Marchand is losing it.

Carolina awaits us or Boston. Not a fan of that.

Yeah. We get it. You weren’t a fan of Tampa. Had Bruins in 4 and will be not a fan of who ever CBJ play if they go to SCF. Unfortunately, Ottawa wasn’t available. :laugh:

Reactions: Gagnefan924

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
NYI was faaar from the team to be afraid of. They have had highly unsustainable play all year long including the playoffs. They magically went from mist GAA to least. They doesn't happen without alot of luck.

Bostons average defense is doing a good joh holding our top guys at bay besides Panarin and Duchene and Carolinas defense can play just as well as ours.

Your first paragraph is my point, though. Carolina has won three (close) games against NYI. That doesn’t make me terrified of them. They would be our worst opponent up to this point (crazy enough, there’s a decent chance we could play progressively worse teams through all 4 rounds of the playoffs if we make it that far, which is almost impossible. Can’t imagine any Stanley Cup finalist has had their route play out that way). Doesn’t mean we can’t lose. But I’m not terrified of them.

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Any French speakers want to enlighten wtf he just said

notice how Josh and Nash are just like "oh boy... there's go Luc again". :laugh: absolute no concern out of those two

but according to 15 twitter accounts, they said he kept saying the F word mixed with all of the other swear words. why doe?? lol

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad