Playoffs: Anybody But...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't really care who wins from a general team aspect. But there is one group of fans I think would be very annoying if they won. So not them.

Edit: oh yea and need that NYI first round exit, but that benefits us.

TB, EDM fans in particular have gotten very cocky of late, as in the past 2-4 years. Oilers fans not sure why so far. EDM used to be my underdog team to root for in the mid-late 90s and early 2000s, but in the past few years their fans on here are making me root against them. Same with the Leafs, as I actually like most of their players, it is the fans that make me not want them to do well.

Bruins I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO WIN! Boston always has at least a few players I don't like, and their fans are terrible minus a few, much like my disdain for the Flyers, having players and fans I dislike.

Colorado fans are starting to get cocky too on the mains.

I can deal with Minnesota, Rangers (simply cause they do well in the playoffs so rarely), Seattle (would still prefer not), and Winnipeg.

End of the day, it is same anytime we don't win, I don't super care too too much as I can't change what happens, and the team I want to win isn't winning.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Pro Boston: I'd like to see Bert win and also feel like their is a greater chance of the K/B connection retiring next season if they win. Thus our draft pick improves.

Anti NYI: again draft pick

Pro Carolina: 2nd team

Anti Toronto: at this point its funny and I don't really like their players

Anti Rangers: Will never cheer for a Kane team.

Everyone else is meh

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Pro Boston: I'd like to see Bert win and also feel like their is a greater chance of the K/B connection retiring next season if they win. Thus our draft pick improves.

Anti NYI: again draft pick

Pro Carolina: 2nd team

Anti Toronto: at this point its funny and I don't really like their players

Anti Rangers: Will never cheer for a Kane team.

Everyone else is meh

We could get Wayne Gretzky, and that would still never be a reason to cheer for Boston to do well. Be better!

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
1. Against Islanders. Need the draft pick.
2. Against Toronto. F*** Toronto
3. For Boston. Love Bertuzzi. Admire how they've built their team. I find 95% of Marchand's shenanigans to be cheeky and fun.
4. For Edmonton. Always loved Mcdavid. Would be nice to see him get some team success

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Rooting for a bruins-oilers finals. Have a feeling toronto finally beats tampa. Tampa just doesn't look like they have it this year. Maybe they turn that switch on and toronto chokes under the pressure but I think the leafs finally break through this time

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Against Boston, I hate everything about that city I hate their accents, Stephen King, Seth MacFarlane, good will hunting, tom Brady, the green monster ect. I hate how the league lets the Bruins get away with the most interference and clutching and grabbing. I will never like anything associated with Boston ever. As a sidenote I do get a kick out of Marchand and his antics.

For, Toronto. You guys and your hatred of Leafs fans are valid but also based purely off of online interactions. For every dickhead leaf fan there's 5 longtime suffering fans who's a good honest salt of the earth stand up individual. Who was lead astray when they were very young and vulnerable.

Against Tampa and Colorado for obvious reasons.

For Dallas and Carolina if Detroit not in the playoffs, I always root for the teams with the most vets that haven't won the cup on their roster. Pavelski and suter both have sacrificed so much over their careers and while benn isn't exactly in my good book, it takes a lot for me to root against an individual player.

For Edmonton there my cup team in my playoff pool and McDavid is a good ol' Canadian boy.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Against Boston, I hate everything about that city I hate their accents, Stephen King, Seth MacFarlane, good will hunting, tom Brady, the green monster ect. I hate how the league lets the Bruins get away with the most interference and clutching and grabbing. I will never like anything associated with Boston ever. As a sidenote I do get a kick out of Marchand and his antics.

For, Toronto. You guys and your hatred of Leafs fans are valid but also based purely off of online interactions. For every dickhead leaf fan there's 5 longtime suffering fans who's a good honest salt of the earth stand up individual. Who was lead astray when they were very young and vulnerable.

Against Tampa and Colorado for obvious reasons.

For Dallas and Carolina if Detroit not in the playoffs, I always root for the teams with the most vets that haven't won the cup on their roster. Pavelski and suter both have sacrificed so much over their careers and while benn isn't exactly in my good book, it takes a lot for me to root against an individual player.

For Edmonton there my cup team in my playoff pool and McDavid is a good ol' Canadian boy.

I have rooted for one Maple Leaf fan in my life. Carley Allison. Otherwise, f*** them. They're the Yankees but not good at winning titles.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For Boston...I find 95% of Marchand's shenanigans to be cheeky and fun.
o_O

vomit-jim-carrey.gif

i-just-threw-up-in-my-mouth-throw-up.gif

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Seeing all these Boston/Torontos is kinda ick as a Wing fan. They should be firmly at the bottom.
I feel like this thread is a mess with lots of people posting who they DO want when the OP asks for who you DON'T want, chaotic energy up in here.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Anyone but Boston for me.

I've always hated them, but a cup win would take their season from record setting to legendary. I really don't want that.

I actually like most of the playoff teams this year.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Just saw Bultman's tweet on his bracket. I literally have the same bracket as him other than I have NYR winning it all and carolina beating nyi in the first round.

Either great minds are working together or we are just really stupid. We shall see.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I definitely root against the NYI. 2 picks in top 20 is good.
I root for Oilers and Kings. Canada needs the cup, 30 years is loooooooong.
Kings because of Kopitar.
I don't want Leafs, Bolts, rangers, devils to win.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I definitely root against the NYI. 2 picks in top 20 is good.
I root for Oilers and Kings. Canada needs the cup, 30 years is loooooooong.
Kings because of Kopitar.
I don't want Leafs, Bolts, rangers, devils to win.

How does that work when you watch their first round games?

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Anybody but Edmonton, although TML going out in the first round would be great.

My ideal semifinals would be Boston vs. TB and LA vs. Colorado, with the finals between TB and LA, and TB winning another one. That would make them a legit dynasty, the best since the Oilers.

Reactions: Spitfire11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad