Post-Game Talk: Playoffs 2015!!

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Yep, Bogo has to be feeling it today.:(

Yeah, it's probably tough for him to watch given he slugged it out with this core for so many years.

That said, had Chevy not executed the trade, I'm not convinced we would be here today. Myers offense was clutch for us and key for at least 6 points - not sure of Bogo would have made the same contribution when it needed to matter.

Such is the life of a professional athlete. If he steps up in Buffalo and they make the right roster moves, he'll get his shot.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Ya, thats the bad news ;) Seriously, the minute he steps back on that blueline our D structure is gone. Sorry for the hyperbole.

I'm seriously concerned about that as well! Seem to be just so much better organized on D when Buff isn't out there taking chances.

Then again - we've all said that we expect Buff to shine BIG TIME if we got to the playoffs so prove us right big fellow

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wild fan coming in peace.

Congratulations on your first playoff birth since the team moved to Winnipeg. I can say that this is the best the current franchise (Jets/Thrashers est. 1999) has ever been by a landslide. I really hope you guys give the first team or two hell, but then I hope the third team is us, and that by then you no longer are giving hell.

I really hate and love the Jets in equal measure, like a brother, so I hope we get to play in the playoffs sometime soon. That would be a very entertaining series, I think.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sorry about last night guys. We tried to lose but Berra decided he was Ken Dryden last night. Happy you guys are in. Im on board your war wagon. Trying to figure out a way to be in your city for game 3

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Thought it was interesting when Wheeler made mention of the fact that the coaching change to PoMo was "huge" for the team. Fair or not, I think the team early on decided that Noel wasn't going to get them where they needed to go and they basically "bought out" on him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
They sell white practice jerseys. They are pretty white.

Yeah, I am thinking about one of those. I really like the idea of a all white game jersey where the logo would have some parts a glossy white and some a matte like Strongeer mentioned. Kind of like some of the avatar's with the whiteout, with even glossy and matte white on the sleeves.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Congrats Jets fans, from an old Thrashers season ticket holder.

Really excited to have a team to root for this playoff season (adding Drew & Tyler sure helps)

Best of luck.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
Thought it was interesting when Wheeler made mention of the fact that the coaching change to PoMo was "huge" for the team. Fair or not, I think the team early on decided that Noel wasn't going to get them where they needed to go and they basically "bought out" on him.

I picked that up too. He was quick to credit Chevy's moves (coach and trades) as why they were there as well.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Yep, Bogo has to be feeling it today.:(

Kane -- who cares; have a nice time in Buffalo.

Myers & Staff -- man we got a couple of keepers there

Myers was a tremendous upgrade on Bogosian, like holy hell. I have not seen that level of shutdown ability in his 20-something games here from anyone outside of Pronger or Chara.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
Wild fan coming in peace.

Congratulations on your first playoff birth since the team moved to Winnipeg. I can say that this is the best the current franchise (Jets/Thrashers est. 1999) has ever been by a landslide. I really hope you guys give the first team or two hell, but then I hope the third team is us, and that by then you no longer are giving hell.

I really hate and love the Jets in equal measure, like a brother, so I hope we get to play in the playoffs sometime soon. That would be a very entertaining series, I think.

The feeling is mutual. I'm always in awe of the Wild but want to embarrass them every time we play them. I'll be rooting for the Wild to come out of the Central.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
This all still feels so surreal, but just so awesome. Definitely a moment in history we'll all look back on just as we do mid-May 2011 when word ran rampant Winnipeg may be returning to the NHL, to May 31, 2011 when it all became real, to June 2011 with the revealing of our team name, our first draft and pick (Scheifele), to the unavailing of our logo and jerseys, to our first home game on October 9, 2011.

I just can't shake how incredible this feels.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
And I gotta say it again, the organization/marketing has hit the whole Whiteout thing right outta the park. Incredibly well done from the pictures, logos, phrases and slogans, etc. Talk about an incredible brand. I love it.

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
And I gotta say it again, the organization/marketing has hit the whole Whiteout thing right outta the park. Incredibly well done from the pictures, logos, phrases and slogans, etc. Talk about an incredible brand. I love it.

I like one T-shirt much better than the other.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Yeah, it's probably tough for him to watch given he slugged it out with this core for so many years.

That said, had Chevy not executed the trade, I'm not convinced we would be here today. Myers offense was clutch for us and key for at least 6 points - not sure of Bogo would have made the same contribution when it needed to matter.

Agreed scopar, but I'd take it further. I'd say there's no chance in hell we'd be in a playoff spot had Chevy not made the trade.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Congrats guys. some of you know I followed you guys heavy the first year back.. As a whalers fan growing up, I love that you got your team back and that atmosphere in the building for the playoff games will be insane.

I'll be rooting for you guys hard and chime in more. Kinda been out of the loop with hockey lately but still amped for the playoffs

GO JETS GO!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Wheeler is the man in my opinion. If anyone noticed, pretty much every interview he did the last few weeks he would say things like 'When we get into the playoffs'. There was never any "hopefully when we make it, if we can get in" etc. Just pure confidence that they were going to clinch. Love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad