Playoff Voting for Vedder's Mock Draft-Central Division

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2004
Ok here's the voting for the central division, deadline two days from now 11:59 Friday Night EST. Vote for the best team, top 2 move on.:

Columbus Blue Jackets:

Martin Havlat -- Martin Straka -- Glen Murray
Petr Bondra -- Andrew Cassels -- Milan Hejduk
Eric Daze -- Petr Cajanek -- Eric Fehr
Krystof Oliwa -- Trevor Letowski -- Chuck Kobasew

Extras: Brandon Bochenski, Petr Vrana

Dick Tarnstrom -- Eric Weinrich
Lubomir Visnovsky -- Aaron Miller
Trevor Daley -- Steve Emenger

Extra: Mark Popovic

Marc Denis
Robert Esche
Yann Danis

Detroit Red Wings

Simon Gagne-Mike Richards-Jonathan Cheechoo
Scott Thornton-Pierre Turgeon-Maxim Afinogenov
Dallas Drake-Dan Fritsche-Justin Williams
Ethan Moreau-Tim Taylor-Tomas Holmstrom
Magnus Kahnberg-Rene Bourque

Darryl Sydor-Dion Phaneuf
Keith Carney-Niklas Kronwall
Shea Weber-Kurtis Foster
Ondrej Nemec

Roberto Luongo
Rastislav Stana
Corey Crawford

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

Scott Hartnell#17-Jason Arnott#45-Alexander Radulov#23
Brian Rolston#21(A)-Robert Lang#20-Igor Grigorenko#34
Milan Michalek#9-Mike Ricci(C)#18-Adam Hall#19
Rem Murray#15-Steve Begin#22-Turner Stevenson#24
extras: Dmitri Afanasenkov#29-Ryan Bayda#16

Zdeno Chara#3-Kimmo Timonen#44(A)
Christian Ehrhoff#46-Mark Eaton#4
Cory Cross#23-Shane Hnidy#34
extra: Jonathan Aitken#56

Jose Theodore#60
Chris Mason#30
extra: Ari Ahonen#31

saint louis blues

Roberts - Peca - Stewart
Vermette - Fisher - Mellanby
Bulis - Holik - Eaves
Konowalchuk - Svitov - Chistov
(Shishkanov, McClement)

Pronger - Ohlund
Backman - Foote
Wesley - Hale
(Ramholt)

Belfour
Lundqvist
(Malek)

And the Blackhawks didn't post, so unless a roster is posted to this thread, don't vote for them.

mytor4*

AnThGrt said:
Detroit though i think they are a bit young might not win right away but in 2 years should

we're not doing a poll for two yrs from now it's this yr. the jackets have 2 first lines second to nobody. all around one of the best teams in the league.

jacketracket*

I voted CBJ :D

Seriously, I also think my gaoltending tandom is one of the best in the league, too.

Denis and Esche ...

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
mytor4 said:
we're not doing a poll for two yrs from now it's this yr. the jackets have 2 first lines second to nobody. all around one of the best teams in the league.

I respectfully disagree. While the CBJ's wingers are very strong, Straka and Cassels as the top two centres could be improved. The top two defenders of Tarnstrom and Weinrich, is bettered by any of the top four on the STL Blues either (Pronger/Ohlund/Foote/Backman).

mytor4*

neogeo69 said:
I respectfully disagree. While the CBJ's wingers are very strong, Straka and Cassels as the top two centres could be improved. The top two defenders of Tarnstrom and Weinrich, is bettered by any of the top four on the STL Blues either (Pronger/Ohlund/Foote/Backman).

stl has the best defencsive team in the draft. there problem they have no scoring punch. the only way they win is by 1-0 or 2-1 scores. in the new nhl few teams will be held down to two goals so that leaves stl in lots of trouble

Feb 24, 2004
mytor4 said:

Au contraire, if you the voter feel that the Wings can be successful in 2 years and that is more important, then vote for detroit by all means

jacketracket*

neogeo69 said:
Good point about the D, but I tried to draft with the idea in mind that when play resumes, scoring chances will be way up, along w/PP time. I wanted Dmen who could score.

The D is balanced, with a solid stay-at-home guy paired w/an offensive Dman.

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
I'll believe we truly have a new order in the NHL when I see games deep in the playoffs where most of the obstruction is getting called...

wolfen

Jan 26, 2003
seattle
Visit site
mytor4 said:
stl has the best defencsive team in the draft. there problem they have no scoring punch. the only way they win is by 1-0 or 2-1 scores. in the new nhl few teams will be held down to two goals so that leaves stl in lots of trouble

I wouldn't say no scoring punch. Not enough is definitely a possibility, and the weakest point of my team. My idea was that, rolling 4 lines evenly, most of the forwards on the blues are capable of 15-20 goals and a few are capable of 20+. Especially with pronger, ohlund, backman on the blueline. The power play would be a weak spot and would rely heavily on creativity from vermette and chistov, which is obviously a gamble. All the same, I think overall it could add up to enough offense to win lots of games.

I just don't see this team giving up 3+ goals on a regular basis, new rules or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad