Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
I want Ottawa, hot streak be damned. Rangers beat the brakes off them a couple of weeks ago, and hung with them for a while last night while sleepwalking with key players benched. I don't think Hammond's a complete mirage or anything but I'm still not going to conflate a career schlub on a huge run with a guy like Rask.

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
The East fears the Rangers...and maybe the Habs/Lightning in a tier below...other than that, Islanders, Bruins, Pens, Wings all have massive holes. The Sens have played all of these teams down the stretch, and all have been massively mortal.

Rangers have the perfect combo of depth in goalie, defence and forwards...killer pp and killer pk...very few holes, if any.

Sens are more than happy to be in the discussion if we get in, but I get the sense that we are playing with house money and our eyes are firmly on the future, not on this year, given how young our team is.

Deep respect for the Rangers. I made my first trip to New York and we arrived in town when you beat the Habs. Awesome environment in front of MSG!

Good luck down the stretch guys...

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The East fears the Rangers...and maybe the Habs/Lightning in a tier below...other than that, Islanders, Bruins, Pens, Wings all have massive holes. The Sens have played all of these teams down the stretch, and all have been massively mortal.

Rangers have the perfect combo of depth in goalie, defence and forwards...killer pp and killer pk...very few holes, if any.

Sens are more than happy to be in the discussion if we get in, but I get the sense that we are playing with house money and our eyes are firmly on the future, not on this year, given how young our team is.

Deep respect for the Rangers. I made my first trip to New York and we arrived in town when you beat the Habs. Awesome environment in front of MSG!

PP is an issue. IF it was killer i'd start shredding up some paper in my office today for the parade in June. Hoping a fully acclimated Yandle is the tonic the PP needs to succeed in the playoffs.

Thanks for the support!

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
PP is an issue. IF it was killer i'd start shredding up some paper in my office today for the parade in June. Hoping a fully acclimated Yandle is the tonic the PP needs to succeed in the playoffs.

Thanks for the support!

I agree the PP could be better

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

I've always liked sens fans.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
In 2012 they were virtually unbearable on HF. Almost exactly like the Habs fans last year.

That happens to any fanbase the Rangers end up playing in the playoffs :laugh:

The boards start to become hostile. Anyone who predicts the other team to win the series suddenly becomes a huge homer and an enemy. That's what happens to me anyway :)

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
It's crazy that at this late in the season we can still have 5 different first round opponents! DET, NYI, OTT, PIT, BOS

Only thing that can be decided tonight is if the Isles win in any fashion they will clinch a first round match-up vs. WSH.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That happens to any fanbase the Rangers end up playing in the playoffs :laugh:

The boards start to become hostile. Anyone who predicts the other team to win the series suddenly becomes a huge homer and an enemy. That's what happens to me anyway :)

They were pretty bad though, aside from normal animosity from playoff tension. Brian Boyle face washed Erik Karlsson in game 1 so apparently he needed to die. Then Carkner jumped Boyle, Neil head hunted Boyle and concussed him, Neil scored that BS goal where he kicked the puck in. All of that was still not enough for them to stop whining.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Anyone but the Bruins please.

We would beat them but they will hurt us physically for the rest of the playoffs.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Special teams play is less important in the play-offs. Refs put away their whistles more and more every year.

A good PP can really help, but a bad PP doesn't sink you as long as you have other things going. Teams that do the bulk of their scoring on the PP in the regular season usually don't last long in the play-offs.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Here are what other teams are saying about the Rangers...
They have an all world goalie...easily one of, if not the best in the NHL.

They have 6 defenseman with no rival in the NHL... When Yandle is playing on your 3rd pair, you're frikkin deep.

They have a top 9 that scares the ever loving crap out of you.

Their centers are all highly skilled, and can all play away from the puck.

Their left wingers skate so fast that fire comes out of their skates.

Their Right Wingers feature a sure fire hall of famer in MSL, and some guy named Nash...and JT Miller whose playing the best hockey of his life.

They just came off of a SCF run.

They know how to win.

They will be 100% healthy for the first time literally all season for game 1.
Don't forget we have to get through Ovechkin again tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad