OT: Playoff coverage in Cuba?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is a stab in the dark: I am visiting Cuba for a vacation in mid April and don't want to miss any Blackhawk PO action if at all possible. I can't get any info online and have already been told that the internet is slow and expensive. Apparently some hotel bars have Canadian television but that's all I have been able to find out. Any of you world travelers have any experience they can share or offer me some advice?

PS ... I'm staying at Hotel Playa Coco

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What city are you staying in?

I'd call the hotel ask what the rate for internet is and what the download/upload speed per room is. For example 5mb/1mb, etc.

The other option, dependinv on your carrier, is to go all in on a higher-end travel data package, provided you can confirm LTE speeds are available where you're going.

Final option, and IMO the best one: Set your DVR, ignore your phone and stay off the internet for a trip. Enjoy Cuba, come back, buy a ton of beer and settle in for a playoff marathon to catch up.

I mean, chances are low, but if the Hawks are upset in 4, you really want to be sour the entire trip because of it?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What city are you staying in?

I'd call the hotel ask what the rate for internet is and what the download/upload speed per room is. For example 5mb/1mb, etc.

The other option, dependinv on your carrier, is to go all in on a higher-end travel data package, provided you can confirm LTE speeds are available where you're going.

Final option, and IMO the best one: Set your DVR, ignore your phone and stay off the internet for a trip. Enjoy Cuba, come back, buy a ton of beer and settle in for a playoff marathon to catch up.

I mean, chances are low, but if the Hawks are upset in 4, you really want to be sour the entire trip because of it?

Yeah. After watching that mess of a team last night, I think you are right.... don't want to ruin my mini vacation.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah. After watching that mess of a team last night, I think you are right.... don't want to ruin my mini vacation.

I am not sure what is more depressing right now the Hawks play or the living conditions you will see in Cuba...

I have family that was just there and they liked it but the conditions can be bad. Stay safe and drink bottled water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad