OT: Playoff Avatars

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
mild cheese? i think you would be overwhelmed by real swiss cheese (or if you have a foot fetish, you're good to go)
In the US we have what is called "Swiss cheese" which is mild slightly nutty and has holes in it. There are other cheeses which are commonly thought of as Swiss like Ementhaler and maybe gruyere although the latter is also thought of as French. All are very mild.

charlieseven

Feb 23, 2019
Switzerland
In the US we have what is called "Swiss cheese" which is mild slightly nutty and has holes in it. There are other cheeses which are commonly thought of as Swiss like Ementhaler and maybe gruyere although the latter is also thought of as French. All are very mild.
maybe fun fact but definitely off topic:

gruyere is a cheese from a village actually called gruyere. there is also a very specific receipt how to make gruyere. but the company just lost a law suit or something a few months ago, which states now, that in america, every cheese can be called gruyere, because "gruyere" is not aknowledged as a trademark/official receipt or whatever.

this means: if you eat gruyere in the US, you probably are not eating gruyere ;)

now back to hockey!

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.

gruyere is a cheese from a village actually called gruyere. there is also a very specific receipt how to make gruyere. but the company just lost a law suit or something a few months ago, which states now, that in america, every cheese can be called gruyere, because "gruyere" is not aknowledged as a trademark/official receipt or whatever.

this means: if you eat gruyere in the US, you probably are not eating gruyere ;)

now back to hockey!
There goes my fondue. <smashes fondue set against the wall like it was a jelly jar>

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

now back to hockey!
I forgot about jarlsburg

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
What would you guys suggest avatar wise now?
I'd stick to it... But at the same time, maybe happy Pim would bring in some good juju? We all brought back some good vibe avatars, the team has done well since Game 3, maybe a "happy" avatar to fit in would bring that extra luck?

At the same time, they've played well with Dead Pim

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'd stick to it... But at the same time, maybe happy Pim would bring in some good juju? We all brought back some good vibe avatars, the team has done well since Game 3, maybe a "happy" avatar to fit in would bring that extra luck?

At the same time, they've played well with Dead Pim

Let me see what I can do in Gimp. I might bring the train back

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Let me see what I can do in Gimp. I might bring the train back
Honestly, you've had the "show me what you got" avatar all season... why not bring that back? They had a whole lot of success with it, we need those vibes!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
PLayoffAvy.jpg

I can't find a good version of Dano's head to put on that other face, but what you guys think?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know if I wanna change mine again, as we're 3-1 since I changed.

But do I really wanna go into a game SEVEN against the RANGERS with the DD avatar?

Not to mention it's part of the Lowell Devils, where John MacLean was once the head coach for a season. That seems like maybe some bad vibes?

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad