OT: Playoff Avatars - Avatars are now live!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It is that time of year again... Playoff avatars!

While I know the overall feeling on the team has been down lately and understandably so, lets try to channel our energy into something positive and see if we can come up with some great ideas for this years playoff run. I do believe that our board has created the best playoff avatars bar none.

Revisiting some of my personal favorites...

The Mustache Ride (slapped Jason Strudwick's mustache on every ranger player)
Ants (Archer)
Six Goalie System
and my all time favorite...

Ancient aliens.

Start by posting your idea. As you browse the thread, also tag any ideas from other members of the board that you like. We will compile the top 5-7 and vote on them. Avatar ideas must not break any of the rules.

Once we have a pick, we will need someone to do a mock up or two and then create the avatars as requested.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
I feel like there is an opportunity for Rick and Morty best/worst time line depending on the poster. Gallant/whipping boy of choice could be Jerry.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My idea was poking fun at the DoPS (and HF at the same time!) where something important about the player is "0 games" and some innocuous cheese is "3 games."

Mika Zibanejad - most goals by a Rangers center since Mark Messier: 0 games. Doesn't eat meat: 3 games.

Chris Kreider - second most goals in NHL history with his team facing elimination: 0 games. Tripped into a goalie in 2014: 3 games.

Adam Fox - first D+2 Norris winner since Bobby Orr: 0 games. Signed for a team he wanted to play for: 3 games.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
If we made the Trouba Train a line and various players, ideas, and memes were stops on that line, I think that has a lot of legs.

"The next stop is Boulevard of Broken Dreams"

*picture of Kaapo Kakko*

That was mean but also very funny. I can be mean to opponents too.

Next stop caveman square. Gallant enters train.

Reactions: The Gloaming

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Lots of ways to go with the Trouba Train/Subway narrative, especially since this is year 1 as captain.

Patrick Kane: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Showtime on Broadway" "Stand Clear of the Closing Doors" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Vinny Trocheck: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Little Italy" "Inarticulate Italian Noises with hand gestures" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

All the Russians: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Brighton Beach" "Russian Bathhouse" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Laf, Chytil, Kakko, Miller, Schneider: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, GG's DayCare" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Lindgren: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Girardi's Robotic Shop" "Getting repairs" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Kreider: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, your goalie's crease" "(Everyone knows what goes here)" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Vesey is easy if anyone wants to do it since we have Vesey Street, even though pronounced differently.

Trouba: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Last Stop" "Huge open ice hit" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Kakko: "All aboard the Trouba Train" " Next Stop, Wow it's a nice city" "NYC Skyline" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
A few ideas:

Everyone chooses 3 random players - the next slide is “That’s the Rangers top line” or something like that and the next slide is a blender.

Something about over-passing. I’m not sure how to make it work, but it’s a definite theme.

The Trouba Train/Tru Tru Train is a good one. Everyone could just pick a good picture of Trouba followed by any player/person looking unsuspecting and then it can be like “Get off the tracks!”

I also think something around The Fellowship of the Ring or just all of the movie gifs we post could work. Something like “this is how we cope”.

Reactions: hackeyman

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Lots of ways to go with the Trouba Train/Subway narrative, especially since this is year 1 as captain.

Patrick Kane: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Showtime on Broadway" "Stand Clear of the Closing Doors" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Vinny Trocheck: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Little Italy" "Inarticulate Italian Noises with hand gestures" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

All the Russians: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Brighton Beach" "Russian Bathhouse" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Laf, Chytil, Kakko, Miller, Schneider: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, GG's DayCare" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Lindgren: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Girardi's Robotic Shop" "Getting repairs" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Kreider: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, your goalie's crease" "(Everyone knows what goes here)" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Vesey is easy if anyone wants to do it since we have Vesey Street, even though pronounced differently.

Trouba: "All aboard the Trouba Train" "Next Stop, Last Stop" "Huge open ice hit" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Kakko: "All aboard the Trouba Train" " Next Stop, Wow it's a nice city" "NYC Skyline" 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs
The Trouba train could also be a hilarious train of people walking one after the other line dancing style with their hands on eachother, with the faces of Trouba's victims photoshopped over the bodies, with Trouba in a conductor's hat in the background and the caption "all aboard the Trouba train".

Kadri, Khaira, Nylander, Athanasiou, DeBrincat, etc.

One of these kinds of pictures.

1678742284783.png

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The Trouba train could also be a hilarious train of people walking one after the other line dancing style with their hands on eachother, with the faces of Trouba's victims photoshopped over the bodies, with Trouba in a conductor's hat in the background and the caption "all aboard the Trouba train".

View attachment 668455

Actually can probably find a decent image of each of his victims in a semi appropriate pose and photoshop the whole thing on the ice. Make Trouba larger than everyone else with a shit eating smirk. Kinda hilarious.

Trouba train. The C is for ‘conductor’. All aboard!

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Include a tribute to Tob, who probably closed his account. He hasn't shown up in a while. He probably moved to Edmonton and couldn't find Internet.

View attachment 668455
Holy smokes I wanna work there

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Actually can probably find a decent image of each of his victims in a semi appropriate pose and photoshop the whole thing on the ice. Make Trouba larger than everyone else with a shit eating smirk. Kinda hilarious.

Trouba train. The C is for ‘conductor’. All aboard!

I won't lie I don't love it. There were a couple of hits that ended up in injury even if they were clean (the one against Crosby is the only one that's questionable). Leave that kind of thing to Caps fans.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad