Playoff Avatars - Available Avatars in post #65

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
With the team being only 7points total (by either the Wild gaining or the Kings losing points) away from clinching a playoff spot... thus being all but guaranteed in, we should start coming up with Playoff Avatar theme ideas.

I made the suggestion a week or so ago and I'm still in favor of the idea of going with a Hitchhikers Guide to the Stanley Cup Playoffs theme.

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Update: Mythbusters themed avatars it is, StealthClobber will be posting available avatars in post #65

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Unsustainable

I'd be in favor of that if Columbus wasn't also considered that... could be unsustainable overload.

Besides, we've always done self depreciating Avatars... I'd like to see us do one playoff year without that for a change. (though last year's golf preseason tour was probably the best we've done)

I don't know anything about Hitchhiker's Guide, so anything but that is my vote :D
Do yourself a favor and watch the movie... it's hilarious! There is so much that could be done with a Hichhiker's Guide theme!

If you don't want a Hitchhiker's Guide theme, you have any other suggestions?

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I like the tag line... how would you envision the Avatar playing out? Example image slide ideas etc...

simple 3 photo gif

pic - 1: something incorporating the Wild logo and the words "2017 Playoffs"

pic - 2: a Wild player shopped as a WWF superstar

pic - 3: "This year we aren't faking it!"

I dunno, just off the top of my head :dunno:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Possible...

I still like my Hitchhikers Guide...

Pic 1: Hitchhikers Guide to the Stanley Cup Playoffs (Wild playoff logo)
Pic 2: Some advice about the playoffs from the guide - ie DON'T PANIC, Always bring a towel, You can't solve Playoff problems with Potatoes etc
Pic 3: player image relating to the above advice/with possible phrase as to how it relates - ie after DON'T PANIC - We've got FBJ with a pic of Granlund - or ie after the Potatoes advice - a pic of Coyle with a shopped in Potatoe on his stick instead of a puck etc

Maybe another idea - we could do it based off of funny Boudreau comments?

We've got 3 pages of The Wonderful Words of Bruce Boudreau to draw from...

I mean, quotes like this would be easy to work with! :laugh:

Last edited:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I was thinking about Boudreau's 7th game loss myth too. Or us that too much?

E: Mythbusters maybe?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Possible...

I still like my Hitchhikers Guide...

Pic 1: Hitchhikers Guide to the Stanley Cup Playoffs (Wild playoff logo)
Pic 2: Some advice about the playoffs from the guide - ie DON'T PANIC, Always bring a towel, You can't solve Playoff problems with Potatoes etc
Pic 3: player image relating to the above advice/with possible phrase as to how it relates - ie after DON'T PANIC - We've got FBJ with a pic of Granlund - or ie after the Potatoes advice - a pic of Coyle with a shopped in Potatoe on his stick instead of a puck etc

Maybe another idea - we could do it based off of funny Boudreau comments?

We've got 3 pages of The Wonderful Words of Bruce Boudreau to draw from...

I mean, quotes like this would be easy to work with! :laugh:

Looking at that above post... maybe "Bruce Boudreau's Guide to the Stanley Cup Playoffs? Similar to Hickhikers Guide but with a Boudreau twist?

Example Advice: Don't lose Game 7 :sarcasm:

Another Example: Thanks for all the Fish - photo shop fish going into his mouth similar to this Kessel image...

6526886_orig.gif

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Myth: Charlie Coyle vanishes for a few months every season
Confirmed: Photoshop a picture of Casper wearing a Coyle sweater...

Casper_in_Live-Action.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Myth: Lemaire is still coaching this team
Confirmed: Still trapping

sabres-beat-wild-2-1011.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Can you find a one in the neutral zone? Not really a trap if it's in the defensive zone... that's just good D-zone coverage... nice idea though.

I searched and searched, but didn't find a picture or a gif :(

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I like the Mythbusters theme, that gives us a lot of options. Just get the posts deep, grind in threads and keep pounding those mods.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad