Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Requesting one with this.
I8JTFp6.png

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Sorry, can't make more today. Here is the template if anyone wants to make their own or make some for others:

You need the NHL Ducks font and the "Final Frontier" font

http://www.filedropper.com/psd_2
Yowza, you used a million layers.

This might be a GIMP import thing, but is the text actually rastered and not text anymore? I'm guessing it's an import thing, because it seems to lose the layer effects (stroke, etc).

jax00

DangleSnipe&Celly
Mar 3, 2007
Anaslime
Yowza, you used a million layers.

This might be a GIMP import thing, but is the text actually rastered and not text anymore? I'm guessing it's an import thing, because it seems to lose the layer effects (stroke, etc).

I'm not good at organizing my layers. Text is still a text though.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
So I tried doing a merge animation thing. I'm about 50% over budget for filesize. I don't really know how I can make it smaller to fit.

33nb8s1.gif

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
That's a beaut. Too bad about the file size. It's exactly what I was picturing.

Maybe it can feature in later GDTs or something? I say later, since apparently Bandwagoner Alpha has already put together the first one.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Sweet I think I got it. Did a search for "gif optimizer." Some loss in quality, but it's still decent. Although mine is 150 by 150, I'm not sure what the filesize limit is for normal people.

I guess I can add "animator" to my resume. Ha.

edit: This morphing thing is pretty cool, but I still think we would have had more fun and variety with the paper tiger theme. Could you imagine putting heads on lots of different origami? Too bad.

Last edited:

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Can I get either a single frame of my fiery eyed Teemu avatar, or if it hasn't been done, Cam's barrel roll celebration.

I'm conflicted about putting Teemu into a playoff avatar.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Hey can someone do me a favor and look up the maximum avatar file size?

I want to make a 125x125 version of the morphing for people to share.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Jax, I was wondering if you have time to do a Lindholm one for me. Cut off, I think, that's wild Bill in the picture. I like the Name and Number touch you did for a couple of the avi's and would like to see that in the avi too, if it's not too much to ask for. Thank you so much for doing this. I haven't changed my avatar since... well... Scotty's retirement I think?

900x506

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks jax for stepping up. Has anyone other than you made any?

To everyone else, I suggest giving avatar making a try. Even if you let a "professional" make yours, it's actually kind of fun. Although it admittedly does take a lot of time. It would be nice if we had a few more people with the skills.

You can use a free program called GIMP (which is a lot less user-friendly than normal Photoshop). Or I believe Adobe gave away a like 10-year old version of Photoshop for free (CS2).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad