Speculation: Players who might be traded to avoid waivers

Marksman

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
Sven Andrighetto for the Habs but I really hope they'll keep him. He has good offensive upsides and if given the chance, will surprise a lot of people.

Unfortunately, I don't think the organization have faith in him like I do... I would actually do something like Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto and Radulov - Plekanec - Gallagher to balance things out and be able to still have a decent third line (Carr - Danault - Shaw)!

They gave Sven one way contract, I'd be very surprised to see him sent away like that.
Matteau and Flynn should go before him.

Also youre forgetting Desharnais, right now 3rd line redliner.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
One of Andre Pedan and Phil Larsen will be exposed to waivers or traded. I believe the Canucks have a plan to keep Juolevi in the NHL this season.

Benning seemed very pessimistic about Juolevi cracking the line-up. Juolevi is one of the younger picks in the draft and needs more time to mature. Don't know where you get the Canucks have a plan for him in the NHL? Seems highly unlikely. I'd be surprised if Juolevi makes the Canucks this season. I am a big fan of the Juolevi pick, but the other top drafted defensemen are more mature, and have a better chance of sticking the first year in the NHL. Juolevi may have a higher upside, but it will take some time.

That being said, the Canucks still have 9 NHL defensemen that will need to clear wavers, so they will have to expose one of them if no trade is made. Most likely that's Biega, but it could be Pedan or Larsen if they don't have a good preseason. Biega is nice to have around in case of injuries, but he won't be a huge loss if taken. He is an undersized journeyman who doesn't offer all that much offense, though he plays okay in his own zone. He'll likely make it through waivers.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:habs
I see no reason for Andrighetto to not make the team. I can even see him in the top 6 to start the season. Matteau, Redmond, Samuelsson, Friberg, possibly Terry if MT insists on giving De La Rose a spot.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Sven Andrighetto for the Habs but I really hope they'll keep him. He has good offensive upsides and if given the chance, will surprise a lot of people.

Unfortunately, I don't think the organization have faith in him like I do... I would actually do something like Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto and Radulov - Plekanec - Gallagher to balance things out and be able to still have a decent third line (Carr - Danault - Shaw)!

If Radulov has to play on his off wing just to accommodate Andrighetto, then we probably should trade Andrighetto

However, I would be happy to see a 2nd line of Andrighetto - Plekanec - Radulov

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Duncan Siemens

That sucks. I was a huge fan of his when he was with the Blades and was hoping he would become a big time player even though I've never really liked the Avs.

The Blades had Elliot, Siemens, Dietz, and Thrower all drafted off their D in a really small window and none have amounted to anything. :(

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Sven has a spot in the top-9 quite easily.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
With the oilers I think it's just lander and pitlick battling with khaira and pakarinen for spots.

Only the first two are waiver eligible if I had to guess.

Also Mark Fraser for D.

That's probably it.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
If they were waived, I don't see many of the listed players getting claimed at this point. Surprised to see Junco and Andrighetto here though.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Whats wrong with Leivo? 5 goals in 12 gmaes and near PPG in AHL seems pretty good, just number wise.

Mad Brills*

Whats wrong with Leivo? 5 goals in 12 gmaes and near PPG in AHL seems pretty good, just number wise.

He should be on the nhl roster, but might get pushed out due to unable to clear room of laich/greening/michalek type players.

I'd be more worried about losing him than Corrado.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
If they were waived, I don't see many of the listed players getting claimed at this point. Surprised to see Junco and Andrighetto here though.

Agreed but the premise is to avoid placing them on waivers to begin with.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If Radulov has to play on his off wing just to accommodate Andrighetto, then we probably should trade Andrighetto

However, I would be happy to see a 2nd line of Andrighetto - Plekanec - Radulov

Andrighetto can play both wings as well.

I think Condon is also a likely candidate to get traded before he's placed on waivers.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I would add Ty Rattie to that list from St. Louis. They will have some interesting decisions to make here as camp approaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad