Value of: Players of interest to me (looking for information)

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
For the habs, you can forget about Guhle,Newhook and Montembeault. Those piece would cost you too much. Dvorak and Evans are more realistic targets

Reactions: pth2

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs Evans would be a good choice. I can see him being available if Dvorak is healthy and Beck is NhL ready.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Jacob Middleton isn’t getting traded. Wallstedt isn’t ever getting traded by Minnesota. Don’t put players that aren’t up for trade as you won’t like the answer. Most likely Gustavsson stays too. Rossi is only getting moved for a better or equal C with size.
You don’t live in Minnesota do you? The beat writers who covers the team have made it clear the ask for Rossi is a similar player whose better and bigger C, or similar player whose bigger, that’s what the gm would want to trade Rossi
Dude, you know you can have a conversation with people without being so confrontational, right?

I could absolutely see Middleton being available. He's one year till UFA. Gus underperformed this season and the writing is on the wall (lol) that they want a Wallstedt/MAF tandem.

• Haha
Reactions: 57special

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Dude, you know you can have a conversation with people without being so confrontational, right?

I could absolutely see Middleton being available. He's one year till UFA. Gus underperformed this season and the writing is on the wall (lol) that they want a Wallstedt/MAF tandem.
Russo said Guerin will be ofreeing an extension to Jacob Middleton! As for Gus, he said Minnesota wouldn’t trade him unless it’s for high 2nd to early 1st, potentially even used as a a big part of a trade to improve the roster

Ps: the dude who made this proposal, I know him from another site where other wild posters called him out

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
yeah, cool.

and the devils would like to have a young goalie like wallstedt. so what's the difference?
Bill guerin. A gm asking price for Rossi is different from a fan , so stop acting like it’s a fan asking for something. It’s also a devils poster who wrote this post. So step off your high and mighty. A gm asking price is different from fan blatant not understanding something. So you can stop getting frustrated over wallstedt not getting traded

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
To be honest, that is what you would be getting with Jeannot over the past two season with Tampa. His potential is what led to Tampa Bay giving up so much to get him, but that potential has not surfaced due to injuries and a lack of chemistry.
Many Tampa fans prefer Watson in the protector role than Jeannot.
Perhaps a chance of scenery would be good for both players, which makes for an interesting trade idea for another discussion to be built around.
Has Jeannot been that bad? I was looking at him as a target for the Miles Wood role

Russo said Guerin will be ofreeing an extension to Jacob Middleton! As for Gus, he said Minnesota wouldn’t trade him unless it’s for high 2nd to early 1st, potentially even used as a a big part of a trade to improve the roster

Ps: the dude who made this proposal, I know him from another site where other wild posters called him out
Where did you see a proposal? I listed about 100 names of guys I'd be interested in looking for more insight and info. Nowhere did I make a proposal of any kind

For the habs, you can forget about Guhle,Newhook and Montembeault. Those piece would cost you too much. Dvorak and Evans are more realistic targets
Understandable.

My expectation for Dvorak 50% or Evans would be around a 3rd in value?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
For the Bruins, obviously Ullmark available.

Geekie and Frederic are harder. 40 point 3rd liners with size and positional flexibility that are cheap and in their mid-twenties.

Frederic in particular is an interesting one. His 5 on 5 stat line over the last two seasons is the same as Crouse. He has more even strength goals than guys like DeBrincat, Svechnikov, Barkov, Marchand, and Jarvis over the past two years and he does it from the 3rd line. He plays a simple north south game, so I’m not sure how much he would benefit from PP time but it also wouldn’t shock me if he could be effective in the top six as a third guy on the line and jump up much higher in those 5 on 5 numbers. I think he would cost a lot more than you are counting on.

Geekie I think they would want to keep around as a backup if Poitras or Lysell falter next year in the middle six.

Boqvist is going to be in a similar situation as he was in NJ last year. On the edge of being non-tendered depending on how other things shake out.

Edit: as an aside, I probably wouldn’t put Luke and Nemec together on the third pair. Give them each a vet or risk hampering Nemec’s offensive development.
My thought process for Luke and Nemec together is the following:

Play them in more sheltered minutes after getting a guy to play the graves role and play tough minutes with Marino, and let them feast on easier competition.

Get them used to playing with eachother and build chemistry considering I expect them to be playing together for most of the next decade.

They had excellent results when paired together this year. They played 175 minutes together this year and in that time NJD generated 11.3 xGoals while only giving up 6.9.

Understandable on Frederic and Geekie, I expect them to be unavailable as boston will look to keep cost controlled guys entering their prime. Just think they'd be great fits into NJDs middle 6

Reactions: wintersej

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Rossi isn’t a dis-stressed asset! Wild aren’t looking to give Rossi away. He’s only available for a similar or bigger Center, or a better player in which Minnesota Wild would add a small asset.

(Jacob Middleton: Not Available/ not getting moved as team is looking to sign him to extension

(Wallstedt: Habe no idea why you would ever put him on on your List! He’s not ever getting moved by Minnesota and he’s wild starting G as soon as at season beginning)
So:
-Gustafsson unavailable?
-Wallstedt is the starting goalie next year?
-Fleury just resigned with an NMC that means he cannot be sent down

Either Wallstedt spends another year in the minors, Gustafsson hits the block, or Minnesota runs 3 goalies

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Has Jeannot been that bad? I was looking at him as a target for the Miles Wood role

Where did you see a proposal? I listed about 100 names of guys I'd be interested in looking for more insight and info. Nowhere did I make a proposal of any kind

Understandable.

Well not saying which website I know you from directly on here, but you use same username there also and have been told like a million times wallstedt is not available. Also before Gus bad season you made proposals to get him and was told he’s not available.
(Now Gus would only be 2nd & roster player/ prospect which can help wild now or low 1st according to who of beat writer if they decide to trade Gus

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
So:
-Gustafsson unavailable?
-Wallstedt is the starting goalie next year?
-Fleury just resigned with an NMC that means he cannot be sent down

Either Wallstedt spends another year in the minors, Gustafsson hits the block, or Minnesota runs 3 goalies
If gustavsson is made available: ask according to wild beat writer will be 2nd with roster player/ prospect which can help wild now ) . Gus can also be used as a part of large trade

Wallstedt ( He’s absolutely not Available) Nothing short of a 1C will convince wild to move him and that’s a big if

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Some Ranger fans have suggested trading Ryan Lindgren. Some want to upgrade him, some worry that he will break down even though he is still only 26. He does get injured quite a bit because of his style of play, but he hasn't missed that much time as a result.

Personally, I think the Rangers will re-sign him for 4 or 5 years. Maybe they will trade him at some point during that contract. If they do trade him, I seriously doubt it would be to the Devils.

Regarding Wennberg, I have no idea what the team intends with him. He hasn't produced much with the Rangers, but he has been good defensively. He'll get less on his next contract than he got on his last one. I could see the Rangers offering him a 2-year deal given the uncertainty with Chytil. The Rangers have a few semi-promising centers in the pipeline, but none of them are playing pro yet, and none are ready for the NHL. They might want to re-sign Wennberg as insurance in case Chytil gets hurt again.

Reactions: dgibb10

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think Dvorak is a fair target. With Suzuki, Dach, Newhook and Evans there’s not much room left for Dvorak. When healthy, he’s a good, reliable 3C and with only 1 year left on his deal he might get some attention.
My guess is he goes for a 3rd. Maybe a 2nd if there’s somehow a bidding war.

Can’t see Montembeault, Guhle or Newhook moving.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Some Ranger fans have suggested trading Ryan Lindgren. Some want to upgrade him, some worry that he will break down even though he is still only 26. He does get injured quite a bit because of his style of play, but he hasn't missed that much time as a result.

Personally, I think the Rangers will re-sign him for 4 or 5 years. Maybe they will trade him at some point during that contract. If they do trade him, I seriously doubt it would be to the Devils.

Regarding Wennberg, I have no idea what the team intends with him. He hasn't produced much with the Rangers, but he has been good defensively. He'll get less on his next contract than he got on his last one. I could see the Rangers offering him a 2-year deal given the uncertainty with Chytil. The Rangers have a few semi-promising centers in the pipeline, but none of them are playing pro yet, and none are ready for the NHL. They might want to re-sign Wennberg as insurance in case Chytil gets hurt again.
Yeah that was my impression on Lindgren as well. Had a down year this year from the impression I've gotten and what I've seen with my eye test and the analytics, but was previously strong and can certainly bounce back. I'd expect him viewed similarly to how NJD fans view Siegenthaler.

If gustavsson is made available: ask according to wild beat writer will be 2nd with roster player/ prospect which can help wild now ) . Gus can also be used as a part of large trade

Wallstedt ( He’s absolutely not Available) Nothing short of a 1C will convince wild to move him and that’s a big if
If that's the ask on Gus I'd expect Wallstedt to then remain in the minors until he hits RFA

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

Understandable.

Why would Montreal waste $2.25M in cap spacecabd morw importantly a retention slot fir 2 aeadins on Dvorak for a measly 3rd? They're better off keeping him. That's probably closer value on Evans but he's an effective lol cost NHLer and a 3rd has a very low chance of hitting as a NHL player. So unless Montreal is actually looking to move him to free up a roster spot I can't see them moving him for that

Reactions: Nevins

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Why would Montreal waste $2.25M in cap spacecabd morw importantly a retention slot fir 2 aeadins on Dvorak for a measly 3rd? They're better off keeping him. That's probably closer value on Evans but he's an effective lol cost NHLer and a 3rd has a very low chance of hitting as a NHL player. So unless Montreal is actually looking to move him to free up a roster spot I can't see them moving him for that
As I've heard Montreal has a potential surplus of centers depending on prospects. They also have a need for roster spots.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Yeah that was my impression on Lindgren as well. Had a down year this year from the impression I've gotten and what I've seen with my eye test and the analytics, but was previously strong and can certainly bounce back. I'd expect him viewed similarly to how NJD fans view Siegenthaler.

If that's the ask on Gus I'd expect Wallstedt to then remain in the minors until he hits RFA
Wild won’t keep wallstedt in the minors. That has already been decided. Wild will keep 3 Goalies on roster. Wild are in advantages position and don’t have to trade Gustavsson due to fleury being in his last year.

If wild don’t put Gustavsson in a package to get what they want, they will keep him and run a Gustavsson / Wallstedt after fleury retires

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Wild won’t keep wallstedt in the minors. That has already been decided. Wild will keep 3 Goalies on roster. Wild are in advantages position and don’t have to trade Gustavsson due to fleury being in his last year.

If wild don’t put Gustavsson in a package to get what they want, they will keep him and run a Gustavsson / Wallstedt after fleury retires
Getting 15 starts as a 3rd goalie is probably worse for development than being a starter in the AHL.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
As I've heard Montreal has a potential surplus of centers depending on prospects. They also have a need for roster spots.
Thst might be justification for Evans. But if you're expecting 50% retention for 2 years on Dvorak a 3rd isn't enough value. It's a waste of cap space and a retention spot. They can keep him an extra year and let Thier young guys develop in the A fir another year

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Thst might be justification for Evans. But if you're expecting 50% retention for 2 years on Dvorak a 3rd isn't enough value. It's a waste of cap space and a retention spot. They can keep him an extra year and let Thier young guys develop in the A fir another year
I'd prefer Evans personally without a doubt. But if Montreal prefers to keep evans instead and shops dvorak, Dvorak will certainly need retention to have value, similar to Jake Allen. Cap dump at 4.5, value at 2.25

Dvorak would only have 1 year of retention, he expires after this year.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I'd prefer Evans personally without a doubt. But if Montreal prefers to keep evans instead and shops dvorak, Dvorak will certainly need retention to have value, similar to Jake Allen. Cap dump at 4.5, value at 2.25

Dvorak would only have 1 year of retention, he expires after this year.
Look at capfriendly again. Dvorak has 2 years left on his contract

Edit. Never mind I'm wrong. Lol

Reactions: dgibb10

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Good to know. What do you think the pairings look like next year for Buffalo?
Samuelson-Dahlin
Byram-Power
RyJo-Clifton

Jokiharju is an RFA and may be traded
Bryson is an RFA but probably resigned below QO as a 7th D

Buffalo needs to be careful with UPL sn RFA snd likely signed to $4M+ their cap utilization with G/D is above the line

RyJo could start in AHL if they acquire a RD and push bynam/Power to bottom pair or they resign Jokiharju.

RyJo could be avail for a similar aageELC contract RD. I think power/Byram could be traded by next summer or they trade Samuelsson for a similar RD

You don’t live in Minnesota do you? The beat writers who covers the team have made it clear the ask for Rossi is a similar player whose better and bigger C, or similar player whose bigger, that’s what the gm would want to trade Rossi
Rossi isnt getting s bigger and better player.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
C fowards are easy to slot to the wing, a surplus of 1 is not a big deal and simply a luxury. No rookie forward are making a push for the NHL next year for us, except Celebrini if we end up winning the lotery.

We do have a need for roster spots on the defense tho. Mailloux and Hutson could play in the NHL and we already have a surplus. Then you have Engstrom, Reinbacher and Bogdan that could also be in the discussion for a spot but they will in my opinion go to the AHL first.

Our need would be a forward for one of your defenseman.

Struble could be a decent option for a trade other than the obvious Harris and Kovacevic

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
But they won't waste 2.25M in capspace and a retention spot for a measely 3rd. Would rather hold onto Dvorak if that is the cost (50% retention) and look to the Trade Deadline to deal him when his value could be at its highest.

Reactions: pth2 and Qwijibo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad