OT: Players are overpaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I'm just going to ignore your asinine point about public funding. Hockey players are no more "publicly funded" than video game developers.
Are no more "publicly funded" than Movies, TV, Entertainment, Literature, and the list goes on and on.
This is basic supply and demand, it's crazy that people have a hard time grasping these things.

If there is a Law/Act/Statute for it then it can be publicly funded. If there is a law for it and one understands Debt/Credit cycle you will never go broke and there is never risk. If one can convince the public that something is needed, even if it's a bold face lie, *cough* CO2 climate change *cough* then you can create laws to fund the projects with credit, tax the population and get 'pollution credit' as well, if it's the "Climate Change laws", - get paid from all ends and entries... A fiscal orgy if you will.

for example - Broadcasting Act Telecommunications Act

Applying is the hard way to get $$$ as you need 'permission' ---> Grants and funding from the Government of Canada - Canada.ca -> However, you can find the laws that apply and contract them for your purpose and by a sponsoring politician you make the easiest way to get $$$. That's why there are lobbyists. 'Public Servants' just rubber stamp your projects and if you have enough consideration you can create enough credit to pay for everything you need. <--- I was here for the last 3-4 years but politicians are corrupt and only help those in the 'circle' or they are idiots and don't understand government finance or they are cowards (A bit of anger in there it seems)...

In reality, things are only this costly because there are forces at work destroying everything for the common man. Get rid of these entities ... call it... 'drain the swamp' and you make everything affordable again and life is more manageable. Unfortunately, there are so many people who think they are dependent on this system that they will defend it to the point of war, however, the system only benefits a small few and those who learned how to use it.

The financial game is real and we haven't been playing it.

Sports exist, as they do today, to create a class disparity, create idols, create dreamers and keep people asleep. If you're aware of that then it just becomes mindless entertainment and it's then nothing to get too worked up about.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
d36cf568e55f5b75a6989709a2f1cf4c--best-bar-butcher-shop.jpg
Weirdly jingoistic, but otherwise seems like kind of a cool joint.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
If there is a Law/Act/Statute for it then it can be publicly funded. If there is a law for it and one understands Debt/Credit cycle you will never go broke and there is never risk. If one can convince the public that something is needed, even if it's a bold face lie, *cough* CO2 climate change *cough* then you can create laws to fund the projects with credit, tax the population and get 'pollution credit' as well, if it's the "Climate Change laws", - get paid from all ends and entries... A fiscal orgy if you will.

for example - Broadcasting Act Telecommunications Act

Applying is the hard way to get $$$ as you need 'permission' ---> Grants and funding from the Government of Canada - Canada.ca -> However, you can find the laws that apply and contract them for your purpose and by a sponsoring politician you make the easiest way to get $$$. That's why there are lobbyists. 'Public Servants' just rubber stamp your projects and if you have enough consideration you can create enough credit to pay for everything you need. <--- I was here for the last 3-4 years but politicians are corrupt and only help those in the 'circle' or they are idiots and don't understand government finance or they are cowards (A bit of anger in there it seems)...

In reality, things are only this costly because there are forces at work destroying everything for the common man. Get rid of these entities ... call it... 'drain the swamp' and you make everything affordable again and life is more manageable. Unfortunately, there are so many people who think they are dependent on this system that they will defend it to the point of war, however, the system only benefits a small few and those who learned how to use it.

The financial game is real and we haven't been playing it.

Sports exist, as they do today, to create a class disparity, create idols, create dreamers and keep people asleep. If you're aware of that then it just becomes mindless entertainment and it's then nothing to get too worked up about.

I would request you don't paint all public servants with that brush. The majority of us and my coworkers do good work, that for the most part is taken for granted by the general public.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I would request you don't paint all public servants with that brush. The majority of us and my coworkers do good work, that for the most part is taken for granted by the general public.
Every MLA, MP I've tried to work with has been useless and worried more about them than helping the public. If you are a Public Servant, elected by the people, and don't ignore the public when they come to you with a contract involving the adopting of laws for the actual public benefit, then I wouldn't. However, I have not met one yet...

I would request that you don't jump on the victim bus too quickly. If you sponsor the public in such a fashion then I wasn't talking about you.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Every MLA, MP I've tried to work with has been useless and worried more about them than helping the public. If you are a Public Servant, elected by the people, and don't ignore the public when they come to you with a contract involving the adopting of laws for the actual public benefit, then I wouldn't. However, I have not met one yet...

I would request that you don't jump on the victim bus too quickly. If you sponsor the public in such a fashion then I wasn't talking about you.
And the other 28,000 or so that are teaching your kids, keeping the streetlights on, and filling potholes?

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
And the other 28,000 or so that are teaching your kids, keeping the streetlights on, and filling potholes?
You guys do understand the difference between a PUBLICLY ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE then a public employee. Right?

Are we done with the back patting and inserting ourselves into a conversation that had literally nothing to do with non elected public employees?

If someone on this board, who is a PUBLICLY ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE read my post. The cool and upstanding thing to do would be to PM me and say, hey Corpipoo, so sorry to hear about your PUBLICLY ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES not fulfilling their lawful obligations and Oath. How can I help?

Instead I get victimhood from people not seeing the difference between an MLA/MP compared to a a teacher, waterworks employee, a road construction employee (which is done through contract)...

Good times. lol

PS - Many of my family and friends are teachers. I know the 'struggle'.

Last edited:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Ah, so you don't understand what a public servant is. Gotcha.

School is in session.

Public Employees - I correct my teacher family and friends all the time too.
A public employee is a person who is employed by a government agency (corporation) and includes the employees of a municipal, county, state, or federal agency or state college or university.

Public Servant:
A person who holds a government position by election or appointment.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Myself, I am a Pleiadian from Pleiades and I am just here to serve the people on earth and help them gain the knowledge necessary to transcend and transform into their higher selves which will can only be attained by entering a mystical quantum realm which the human race can access by global 5G transmissions.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Myself, I am a Pleiadian from Pleiades and I am just here to serve the people on earth and help them gain the knowledge necessary to transcend and transform into their higher selves which will can only be attained by entering a mystical quantum realm which the human race can access by global 5G transmissions.
So, you're from Florida? ;)

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
School is in session.

Public Employees - I correct my teacher family and friends all the time too.
A public employee is a person who is employed by a government agency (corporation) and includes the employees of a municipal, county, state, or federal agency or state college or university.

Public Servant:
A person who holds a government position by election or appointment.

I'm not sure what school you come from. I am not elected but I am employed by a government agency under the Public Service Employment Act. Most public servants falling under this title are also non-elected officials and a large part of them are also non-contractually based.

It is unfortunate that you believe any such public servant can rubber stamp any random project you think for a cash grab but this likely only from your pov anecdotally at best. Grants and funds are issued under assessment made by multiple officers under a very stringent negotiation and monitoring process and bypassing such a process is rare and would require likely minister level (and above) authority. At worst you possible encountered a failed project or one where fraud occurred and would subsequently be recovered or defunded upon assessment or you just believe that without knowing or experiencing the actual process of grant/contributions funding.

Last edited:

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I'm not sure what school you come from. I am not elected but I am employed by a government agency under the Public Service Employment Act. Most public servants falling under this title are also non-elected officials and a large part of them are also non-contractually based.

It is unfortunate that you believe any such public servant can rubber stamp any random project you think for a cash grab but this likely only from your pov anecdotally at best. Grants and funds are issued under assessment made by multiple officers under a very stringent negotiation and monitoring process and bypassing such a process is rare and would require likely minister level (and above) authority. At worst you possible encountered a failed project or one where fraud occurred and would subsequently be recovered or defunded upon assessment or you just believe that without knowing or experiencing the actual process of grant/contributions funding.
Thanks for your input. I know exactly what I am doing and you are not the 'employee' that one requires. You absolutely didn't need to comment as I was not talking about your office or anything about a civil employee. I wouldn't cross paths with you.

It's unfortunate, to use your words, that you don't understand why 'laws' exist and how to use them for the betterment of society. Your guesses on what I am doing is so far out of scope that it is just mere posturing and nonsense. Stay in your cubicle. ;)

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Thanks for your input. I know exactly what I am doing and you are not the 'employee' that one requires. You absolutely didn't need to comment as I was not talking about your office or anything about a civil employee. I wouldn't cross paths with you.

It's unfortunate, to use your words, that you don't understand why 'laws' exist and how to use them for the betterment of society. Your guesses on what I am doing is so far out of scope that it is just mere posturing and nonsense. Stay in your cubicle. ;)

No it doesn't really sound like you know at all. I'm commenting because you made sweeping generalizations about my occupation of which I even gave you the act you can look up that defines us in that category (rendering your definition incorrect). Also Per union definitions we're also public servants but not elected officials. If you don't want to have people comment, then you should perhaps make less sweeping generalizations that can be interpreted as such. Your discrimination and ignorance is much akin to "Oh I also have a black friend" level excuse.

I'm not sure where you believe your experience allows you to criticize and belittle my occupation and what I do. I've spent the last 6 years leading projects to re-locate and transition refugees and immigrants from war torn countries to Canada and assisting them in integrating within our society. My project portfolio extends to creation of youth programs for their families and their reunification and I received a personal commendation for assisting Syrians refugees during the war. What have you been doing for the betterment for society exactly?

You may not have crossed paths with me, but I assure you, unless you're just living out of some basement somewhere without coming outside, something I've done has crossed paths with you.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Public servants needs not be elected. I’d suggest taking the L and being more specific next time.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer and DCDM

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
No it doesn't really sound like you know at all. I'm commenting because you made sweeping generalizations about my occupation of which I even gave you the act you can look up that defines us in that category (rendering your definition incorrect). Also Per union definitions we're also public servants but not elected officials. If you don't want to have people comment, then you should perhaps make less sweeping generalizations that can be interpreted as such. Your discrimination and ignorance is much akin to "Oh I also have a black friend" level excuse.

I'm not sure where you believe your experience allows you to criticize and belittle my occupation and what I do. I've spent the last 6 years leading projects to re-locate and transition refugees and immigrants from war torn countries to Canada and assisting them in integrating within our society. My project portfolio extends to creation of youth programs for their families and their reunification and I received a personal commendation for assisting Syrians refugees during the war. What have you been doing for the betterment for society exactly?

You may not have crossed paths with me, but I assure you, unless you're just living out of some basement somewhere without coming outside, something I've done has crossed paths with you.
Please tell me what language you don't approve of in my contracts? You are out of your depth and that is the truth. Just as I would be out of my depth if I sat at your desk.

If you are actually paying attention, tfong, you will realize that you wont have that job next year and you're commenting only tells me how clueless you are to our environment. We are being bankrupted worldwide. Fiat currency isn't going to exist and what does that mean to you, to me, to everyone in the world? All contracts signed are dead which means ALL government jobs are dead. The world as we know it today is going to be dismantled. Fiat currency is directly attached to Acts, Statutes, and By-Laws. I'd explain further but I fear there is no wheat to grow with this conversation.

Personally, I hope we still have some hockey...

So while your busy patting yourself on the back as a non-elected public employee and inserting yourself into a conversation where you didn't belong AND now telling me I'm racist... You have jumped the shark.

Don't worry, you'll have a new job. As will I.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I literally posted the legal definitions above.
You literally did not, you posted your own invented version of what a public servant is, with no source.

Here is an actual legal definition: Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act

excerpt: “public servants owe a duty of loyalty to their employer and enjoy the right to freedom of expression as guaranteed by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and that this Act strives to achieve an appropriate balance between those two important principles;”

For someone who likes to invoke the Charter of Rights so much, you seem to understand the subject matter a lot less than you think you do.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
You literally did not, you posted your own invented version of what a public servant is, with no source.

Here is an actual legal definition: Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act

excerpt: “public servants owe a duty of loyalty to their employer and enjoy the right to freedom of expression as guaranteed by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and that this Act strives to achieve an appropriate balance between those two important principles;”

For someone who likes to invoke the Charter of Rights so much, you seem to understand the subject matter a lot less than you think you do.
Public Servant at DuckDuckGo

All Acts have definitions and they are at the beginning of the Act and that is used to change or alter definitions from a law dictionary.

This is the definition in the act and in that act which it does over encompass does not change the legal definition of the word. It is just in this act. So, people can quote this act and hold anyone in contract to the government responsible for their position. It does not change the true definition of Public Servant.

"public servant - means every person employed in the public sector, every member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and every chief executive."

So my use of Public Servant is correct. Invoking an Act to insert one into the conversation is... inappropriate.

For example, if you were in court you would need to define Public Servant. Do you mean Public servant as in the legal definition in a law book, and for that which law book, or as in the Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act... Until that is established it would yeild to the law book definition. You must invoke or "contract" to that Act before proceeding.

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Public Servant at DuckDuckGo

All Acts have definitions and they are at the beginning of the Act and that is used to change or alter definitions from a law dictionary.

This is the definition in the act and in that act which it does over encompass does not change the legal definition of the word. It is just in this act. So, people can quote this act and hold anyone in contract to the government responsible for their position. It does not change the true definition of Public Servant.

"public servant - means every person employed in the public sector, every member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and every chief executive."

So my use of Public Servant is correct. Invoking an Act to insert one into the conversation is... inappropriate.

Read the bolded. The poster who replied to you is literally by the definition you just posted, a public servant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad