Player Discussion: Erik Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Baby*

Sep 28, 2015
Phoenix,AZ
Basically a bigger,younger more physical Tanev

That was penciled in as the Panthers' next C and has unreal amounts of character...works his ass off, stands up for teammates, makes it a pain in the ass to enter the D zone...he is perfect for the Canucks...

Him, Virtanen, Dubois/Tkachuk, and Tryamkin will be really fun to watch against the Flames and Oilers

One hell of a deal Vancouver got on this, my word

JA

#6 for the Kingston Frontenacs.

85201014-erik-gudbranson-of-the-kingston-frontenacs-gettyimages.jpg

Yannick Weber is a UFA. #6 will be available.

Last edited by a moderator:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

And Horvat is a younger Bergeron.

The biggest Tanev fanboys here will crucify you for saying that, but the reality is I pretty much agree with this.

He's a defensive D that will probably max out at 20-25 points. He brings elements Tanev simply does not.

If you don't want to get crucified then don't say dumb things. Neither the eye-test nor the stats show that Gudbranson is anywhere near as good as Tanev.

Other than being more physical, he's worse in every way.

I don't see Gudbranson in a negative light, I'm sure he'll be fine as a 2nd pairing guy and he could be a good fit beside Hutton.

The problem is just how we acquired him.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The biggest Tanev fanboys here will crucify you for saying that, but the reality is I pretty much agree with this.

He's a defensive D that will probably max out at 20-25 points. He brings elements Tanev simply does not.

Just don't even try, absolutely ridiculous. It's like saying Jared Cowen is a bigger, strong Tanev.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If you don't want to get crucified then don't say dumb things. Neither the eye-test nor the stats show that Gudbranson is anywhere near as good as Tanev.

Other than being more physical, he's worse in every way.

I don't see Gudbranson in a negative light, I'm sure he'll be fine as a 2nd pairing guy and he could be a good fit beside Hutton.

The problem is just how we acquired him.

Tanev is also three years older. Sure, he's better right now but Gudbranson's upside is basically a
physical Tanev with slightly worse puck movement in transition...not sure whats so outlandish about that.

He's not just more physical than Tans...he's a lot more physical.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

People need to stop saying that. He is nothing like Tanev.

Tanev was already pretty elite defensively at this age and players tend not to change too much after 300 games played.

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
If you want to feel better, watch the hits that he put on Taylor Hall and Tuevo Teravainen in January 2016. He absolutely levelled both of them with clean hits. If he takes out a few of our rivals players with big hits they will reconsider attacking us with speed.

Try searching erik gudbranson on videos section of nhl.com and watch some of them.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=935746

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Tanev is also three years older. Sure, he's better right now but Gudbranson's upside is basically a
physical Tanev with slightly worse puck movement in transition...not sure whats so outlandish about that.

He's not just more physical than Tans...he's a lot more physical.

2 years. And Tanev was much better 2 years ago than Gudbranson is now.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Gudbranson made big strides this year and I think the Canucks are banking it's going to continue. Willie Mitchell wouldn't say WTF if he wasn't any good

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
A lot less negativity in this thread. I'm pleased with this acquisition. Price was high but the player isn't crap. I was a big Tanev supporter when he resigned the first time and there was a big divide among us whether he was worth the raise or not. Only hope is for a couple games before we name him a foundational player and give him salary and term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad