GWT: PL Matchweek Jan 18-24

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Azpilicueta gets rugby tackled and the foul goes against him?

Shades of when Harry Maguire scored with him in a headlock.

Reactions: gary69 and Juve

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Almost as crazy as Silva throws himself to the grown and gets a free kick for it.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Expected result, but I found that neither team played particularly well.

Tanganga is just not good enough. All he can do to attackers is foul them. Very poor in possession too. Championship-level player if you ask me.

Also, Lukaku is absolutely hilarious.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
As expected. Chelsea are just much better than Spurs these days.

Would be far-fetched to say that Spurs were unlucky, obviously they were not, but to win games like this Spurs can't have VAR against them as well. 1-0 Spurs and they might get something from it.

I actually think Spurs will be encouraged by not losing more - and feeling with that bit of luck they could have gotten something from the game. With that line-up I'll take that - and pray Romero and Son will stay fit for the rest of the season. If so Spurs might get 4th - at least not completely unlikely.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Odd to single out Tanganga when he looked like Beckenbauer compared to Sessegnon. Not that Tanganga played well of course. And obviously he shouldn't start games like this, but I guess with injuries we just had to. Tanganga is versatile and cheap. I don't mind having him in the squad as a backup player. Basically what he is.

Will be interesting to see what happens if they bring in Traore. Really tired with Emerson, Tanganga and Doherty as RWB. Sadly Doherty is now our best RWB - and he is usually very poor. But unlike the others he might actually do something for 3s every 5th game he plays.

Maybe Emerson can develop into something. I don't know, but having him playing 90 mins whenever he is somewhat fit just isn't going to cut it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal has been really unfortunate with some of these results; LC match-fixing Spurs, Rashford looking like trash the entire season and then scores at the final moments of extra time, and then Burnley not getting a red card that they were deserved.

Don't get me wrong, Arsenal drew against a rubbish club, however, thank you Chelsea for coming through and beating Spurs. Arsenal had 31 crosses tonight and played a below-average height striker with very meh heading ability, the tactics just don't work. These are the matches that show how far off Lacazette is from being a great striker. He's good, but missed three great sitters that is pretty much unacceptable. If that was Auba, all the neutral fans were be coming on here bashing him to no end saying how overrated he is. Double standard rubbish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad