GWT: PL Matchweek 36

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One of the most valuable clubs in the world getting smoked by BHA.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is like when Stoke whomped on us. You wonder how much worse it could get and then for almost half a season and even when Klopp first started it still got worse.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t think there’s a single player on the pitch right now that I actually want back next year. Obviously they’re not gonna turn over the team that much in a year, but it goes more towards how lacking in quality the side is.

Reactions: Gecklund

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So close to a 5th. United defenders getting cut through constantly.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It also doesn’t matter now but this managerial appointment is as bad or worse than Ole. Their tactics have been all over the place for months.

Reactions: luiginb

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don’t think there’s a single player on the pitch right now that I actually want back next year. Obviously they’re not gonna turn over the team that much in a year, but it goes more towards how lacking in quality the side is.
In this 18 only guys I’d keep are Bruno, Varane, Garnacho, Fernandez, and one of Dean or De Gea. The rest can f*** off. Obviously unrealistic though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC is starting Konate today. This could be Konate’s audition for Paris

If Konate has a good game vs Kane, he probably gets the UCL final.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It also doesn’t matter now but this managerial appointment is as bad or worse than Ole. Their tactics have been all over the place for months.
I don't hink majority of the players even care to play according to tactics anymore. United's pressing and defense improve after his appointment but individual defensive errors remained and have now gotten even worse.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
LFC is starting Konate today. This could be Konate’s audition for Paris

If Konate has a good game vs Kane, he probably gets the UCL final.

IMO hes definitely starting the final. For set piece threat alone not to mention everything else good that he does.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
United make a defensive minded change to try and stop the bleeding.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I realize minutes help develop him but getting bullied like that won't help his confidence.

Cavani coming on for Elanga and Fred for Matic.

It depends, Gerrard likes to talk about his debut against Spurs when he got physically dominated by Ginola and he realised how much fitter and stronger he needed to be.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I don't hink majority of the players even care to play according to tactics anymore. United's pressing and defense improve after his appointment but individual defensive errors remained and have now gotten even worse.

They ran their socks off for the first 30 minutes if his first game against Palace, then decided it was too much like hard work.

Then we actually played really well in January, but despite battering teams couldn't put our chances away and kept dropping points. After that the belief in the manager and desire to win went out of the window.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I think a lot of that is because you’ve got a squad of players who are used to running the show and doing what they want. Ragnick has come in and tried to get them to do certain things different but half of them just don’t do it and keep doing what they want.

It’s pretty obvious that the dressing room is a mess and needs a solid clean out. I doubt any manager would be able to do anything much until they can actually start moving people around.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Granted I haven't watched in awhile, but there's no one to really get behind that I want to watch outside of Elanga. It's just a bunch of stuck up twats upset that they actually have to put in effort to be be good footballers.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
United has been bad for years and through multiple managers. They will be bad with Ten Hag too. Maybe we should stop pointing at the manager and start blaming the players a lot more.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean it's clear that they don't respect the guy that they know is going to be gone at seasons end. I mean look at Lingard, he asked to be omitted from the squad against Chelsea and then complained that he didn't play. Only difference is that RR is willing to call out everyone on their bullshit which has been a breathe of fresh air compared to Ole who just let them do whatever they wanted.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think a lot of that is because you’ve got a squad of players who are used to running the show and doing what they want. Ragnick has come in and tried to get them to do certain things different but half of them just don’t do it and keep doing what they want.

It’s pretty obvious that the dressing room is a mess and needs a solid clean out. I doubt any manager would be able to do anything much until they can actually start moving people around.
They ran their socks off for the first 30 minutes if his first game against Palace, then decided it was too much like hard work.

Then we actually played really well in January, but despite battering teams couldn't put our chances away and kept dropping points. After that the belief in the manager and desire to win went out of the window.
Pretty much these. The most undisciplined and selfish group of United players I've ever seen.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
In this 18 only guys I’d keep are Bruno, Varane, Garnacho, Fernandez, and one of Dean or De Gea. The rest can f*** off. Obviously unrealistic though.

Bruno, Varane and De Gea are ones I won’t be upset to see next year, but I don’t actively want them. De Gea more due to age and how good Dean has looked as opposed to skill, he’s still been class this year. Bruno is good but I don’t think he’ll be at the proper level in 2-3 years when (theoretically) United are rebuilt so wouldn’t care if he’s gone. Varane is obviously at the end of his career and is fine as a stop gap but nothing more.

There’s a bunch of young guys I want to see more of, but I also agree that rolling out some 18 year old to get thrashed by Brighton ain’t gonna help their development.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad