GWT: PL Matchweek 34

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
One of the clearest penalties I have ever seen.

Saka and Ødegaard are a creative force.

Reactions: luiginb

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ramsdale should have done better on the goal man. Just flopping around. His form has dipped.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
My issue with the penalty call isn't that it was called, it's that it got there from VAR because offsides --- because without that, it is not going to VAR

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
My issue with the penalty call isn't that it was called, it's that it got there from VAR because offsides --- because without that, it is not going to VAR
Well without VAR it was a goal either way so not a big deal.

My issue is that the ref stared at it live and thought it was a routine coming together and it took a good while looking at it from multiple angles to determine it was a “clear and obvious error”

Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well without VAR it was a goal either way so not a big deal.

My issue is that the ref stared at it live and thought it was a routine coming together and it took a good while looking at it from multiple angles to determine it was a “clear and obvious error”
He didn’t think it was a routine coming together mate he just didn’t blow for a penalty since Arsenal had a 1on1 with the keeper that he didn’t deem to be offside.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He didn’t think it was a routine coming together mate he just didn’t blow for a penalty since Arsenal had a 1on1 with the keeper that he didn’t deem to be offside.

He didn’t signal advantage, which he should if he thought it was a foul before the goal.

And if he thought it was a pen, then as soon as the offside was given he would have called it instead of waiting another minute+, being sent to the monitor, and having to look at it in slo-mo there 4-5 times.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He didn’t signal advantage, which he should if he thought it was a foul before the goal.

And if he thought it was a pen, then as soon as the offside was given he would have called it instead of waiting another minute+, being sent to the monitor, and having to look at it in slo-mo there 4-5 times.
Why did he look at the offside first? Because there was a goal. It’s good that he looked at the penalty afterwards, but he didn’t look for long. It’s one of the most stonewall penalties I have seen regardless.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I am neutral and I believe there should have been a penalty for Cedric handball in the box. He got beat and used his hand to prevent Sancho from getting a clear cut chance.

And Telles/Saka it was also a penalty but less obvious

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Benching Maguire when your other two center back options are Varane and Lindelof is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Also great refereeing that first half for a change, I agreed with every decision given.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Benching Maguire when your other two center back options are Varane and Lindelof is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Also great refereeing that first half for a change, I agreed with every decision given.

Maguire literally had a bomb threat against his house a couple days ago. The mental part of that played a large part in him not starting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad