GWT: PL Matchweek 33

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Brighton killing off the game like it's City against a lower league side. Just routinely passing it around and not letting Spurs get close to the ball.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That was a waste of 2 hours of my life, just a terrible football game to watch. Looked like two teams playing a preseason game after the offseason break.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Meanwhile West Ham trying to sneak in via Europa league. Clever bastards

(This is a compliment btw)
Lol I know. It's unfortunate the way they stumbled around Dec /Jan with some bad dropped points to take the league route out of the equation, I would have loved a real top 4 finish. A Europa win would be unreal, and they're close, but definitely not favorites.

As is, I don't know if they'll be able to stay top 6. The squad is just too small and Moyes is running these guys into the ground.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Thoroughly uninspired performance from Spurs but credit to BHA, they had a game plan and they executed it. They challenged Spurs all over the field and seemed to win every contested ball. They looked like the team that was playing for a CL spot, not Spurs.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tottenham not in a great spot with 2 more games played than Chelsea and Arsenal.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
4th place still a contest for who chokes the least.

It really is a case of falling ass backwards into 4th.

I still think it's there for the taking for Arsenal. Spurs can't stop alternating 5 goal thrashings one game with being Spursy the next, and Uniteds list of issues would crash the server

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lol I know. It's unfortunate the way they stumbled around Dec /Jan with some bad dropped points to take the league route out of the equation, I would have loved a real top 4 finish. A Europa win would be unreal, and they're close, but definitely not favorites.

As is, I don't know if they'll be able to stay top 6. The squad is just too small and Moyes is running these guys into the ground.
Yes I know y’all aren’t going to try against City in May. Stop rubbing it in :)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Would have been more direct for Gibson just to pick the ball up with his hands and throw it into his own net.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The team looks so different when Elanga is in the lineup.

I know it's not entirely him making the difference because several others are playing much better too, but just having the positivity in the side makes a bit difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad