GWT: PL Matchweek 33

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Arsenal are horrible. How in hell they give away the ball so easily.
they act like they have forever with the ball. Wanna hear something crazy? An absolutely bang on average player like Elneny has been there six seasons already. And they loaned him out trying to get rid of him so I'm not even counting that season.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
they act like they have forever with the ball. Wanna hear something crazy? An absolutely bang on average player like Elneny has been there six seasons already. And they loaned him out trying to get rid of him so I'm not even counting that season.
El Neny would be fine if he was our fifth option. Right now he's third or fourth. Partey, Xhaka, and Odegaard are above him in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1, but Odegaard sometimes plays higher up.

Anyway, Mount gets to go studs up into Tavares without it being so much as a foul, this is fun.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We are such a better team with Werner on.

Edit: Just like that our defense surrenders another.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
El Neny would be fine if he was our fifth option. Right now he's third or fourth. Partey, Xhaka, and Odegaard are above him in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1, but Odegaard sometimes plays higher up.
I think he ran his course, when someone's been there that long and hasn't improved and really isn't all that crucial in a bench role, time for them to go. In the context of this game anyway he's a main culprit in how casual they were with the ball before that goal just now.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think he ran his course, when someone's been there that long and hasn't improved and really isn't all that crucial in a bench role, time for them to go. In the context of this game anyway he's a main culprit in how casual they were with the ball before that goal just now.
Oh 100%. I'm fine with him going given that he's stagnated, but a player of his similar skill would be fine as a deep bench option. Definitely not the person you want going against Chelsea, but he can do a job against a lower table side.

Really, Arsenal needs to bring in one or two midfielders. Partey is hurt often enough and Xhaka is mercurial and oft-suspended. Lokonga has potential but isn't there yet.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
So rarely get to watch games these days so to see this hilarity is a treat. Alonso nutmegged on each end in what 60-120 seconds?

LOL was afraid to rewind a bit to watch that whole sequence again seeing how bad Arsenal has been defending and sure enough I rewind for a few seconds and it's 2-2 when I get back.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Looked like Ben White may have been fouled immediately prior to Chelsea's goal, but I couldn't actually tell with the two camera angles they showed. Regardless, Tavares has to do better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad