Man City x Everton
Tottenham x Leeds

European fixtures midweek

Reactions: koyvoo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The international fixtures demanded blood. So many injuries.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not enough Friday games either, will get me stuck watching Ligue 1...
You're not stuck, the best games have been in L1 this year. :thumbu::highclap::razz:

Though I do think friday's game will be boring. Monaco has been such a mess. Too bad, this would have been a great game last season.
I do suggest you keep an eye on the Rennes/Montpellier game of saturday evening and even more the OL/OM Olympico sunday evening. That game should be a TREAT.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You're not stuck, the best games have been in L1 this year. :thumbu::highclap::razz:

Though I do think friday's game will be boring. Monaco has been such a mess. Too bad, this would have been a great game last season.
I do suggest you keep an eye on the Rennes/Montpellier game of saturday evening and even more the OL/OM Olympico sunday evening. That game should be a TREAT.
I think Evilo’s L1 Game of the Week deserves a segment.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think the international break came at the perfect time for LFC, they were going to face the well-oiled legionaries with cannon fire that turn birds into feathers. Now, some of that might've worn off for the match on Saturday.

Reactions: King Makar19

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think the international break came at the perfect time for LFC, they were going to face the well-oiled legionaries with cannon fire that turn birds into feathers. Now, some of that might've worn off for the match on Saturday.
We can only hope this is true!

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For what it's worth, I think Liverpool are a touch more unlucky. They seem to have at least three players who picked up injuries (Robertson, Mane and Henderson), along with more players going away further.

They might not have been in great form prior to the break, but there's not a lot of time to work with the squad to improve it either. Of the likely starting lineup, only really Matip didn't play over the break (I guess you could argue since they're going to have to likely play Ox and Thiago, they didn't either). Robertson and Henderson might be fit, but it's going to be iffy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For what it's worth, I think Liverpool are a touch more unlucky. They seem to have at least three players who picked up injuries (Robertson, Mane and Henderson), along with more players going away further.

They might not have been in great form prior to the break, but there's not a lot of time to work with the squad to improve it either. Of the likely starting lineup, only really Matip didn't play over the break (I guess you could argue since they're going to have to likely play Ox and Thiago, they didn't either). Robertson and Henderson might be fit, but it's going to be iffy.
“Sadio Mane will be fit to face Arsenal this weekend but Liverpool could be without as many as eight first team players against the Gunners.

The Senegalese, Jordan Henderson and Andy Robertson all picked up setbacks during the November international break, leaving them at risk of joining Roberto Firmino, Naby Keita, James Milner, Joe Gomez and Curtis Jones - plus the recovering Harvey Elliott - on the sidelines.”

from the Echo

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Kante making some genius plays off the ball. The runs he is making into empty spaces are impressive. Sarri really developed Kante offensively

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It’s clear why Ndidi has not got a big move despite lots of hype. He is not nearly good enough with the ball. A total non factor in the build up. I laugh at people mentioning him in the same breath as Rice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad