GWT: PL Matchweek “24”

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Win the game in hand and they're six points behind City with a trip to the Etihad to come. I'm just saying.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Six points behind City with a trip to the Etihad to come. I'm just saying.
Steady. Still a long way to go. Hard to see where City are dropping points. Would be a lot closer but LFC have choked away like 10 Points this season at least

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Steady. Still a long way to go. Hard to see where City are dropping points. Would be a lot closer but LFC have choked away like 10 Points this season at least
No choice but to keep breathing down their neck like they did in 2019 to usurp LFC the lead at some point.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking at the table I don't think this race is done and dusted. It will be tough but If Pool stay healthy and play a close to perfect second half of the year, they will give themselves a shot.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
City don’t have any tough road games left. Maybe West Ham show up in MW37 but West Ham always roll over for City in the league. Goal difference is gone now too.
City shouldn't have dropped points at Southampton but they dropped points at Southampton. I'm just saying: if Liverpool can somehow keep the gap to six going into the Etihad, anything can happen.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Gabriel MOTM by far and we just won the battle against corruption.
If I wanted to fix a game, this is exactly how I would have done. Act irritable and no nonsense. Give the key players (usually with defending roles) early cards, harshest punishment possible for any triviality, try to give the other team a hand with momentum where possible…

We also have 4 red cards in 6 games in 2020.

Reactions: S E P H

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Have to think Arsenal is in the pole position for 4th place now. Still some tough matches left, but one point out with 2 games in hand. Then even with United with a game in hand and three up on Spurs with an extra game and the goal diff advantage. Of course, we have to play them away still.

Being an Arsenal fan I fully expect to lose to Brentford and Watford now.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Have to think Arsenal is in the pole position for 4th place now. Still some tough matches left, but one point out with 2 games in hand. Then even with United with a game in hand and three up on Spurs with an extra game and the goal diff advantage. Of course, we have to play them away still.
I'll feel better about things when the NLD has been played. Until then it's anyone game.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

If Arsenal manage to finish top 4 with every official footballing body in the UK industry actively plotting against I will be surprised

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

Huge three points today but I'm not too excited about top four. Just make it back to Europe next season and go from there.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Tottenham not getting 4th would be a massive choke job by them. Arsenal can do it though, but they need to find that consistency.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Huge three points today but I'm not too excited about top four. Just make it back to Europe next season and go from there.
Unnaceptable standards to hold for Arsenal football club. Top 4 or it’s a f***ing disaster.

Reactions: S E P H

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Tottenham not getting 4th would be a massive choke job by them. Arsenal can do it though, but they need to find that consistency.
Going to be tough. I think goals will be hard to come by over the next few months. Really could have used a signing at striker!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad