Player Discussion PK Subban

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
God bless cancer.
Not a lot of cancer are ,75 PPG, +4 (only full time D in the +, btw) on a bottom team.

I wish we had more cancer in this locker room

you can think anything you want,

i have said it for years,

this team is never winning a cup with PK, and PK will never win a cup on any team

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
LOL. Never supported PK? Again your agenda and bias is blinding you.

PK is an elite defenseman. PK is a big part of this team. PK will be a part of the this organization for a long time. I am not trading PK subban. It's unrealistic to trade PK Subban. These are all quotes from MB. Yup he is sure out to get PK.

You only hear and see what you want to and are blind to everything else that doesn't fit into the narrative you have made up in your head. Maybe to prove it MB and MT should rename their first borns after PK? Get matching PK tattoos? Even if they did that you still would think they hate PK.

Sure it is...
Nothing but crap comes out of MB's mouth and people are catching on.
PK has been a stumbling block for this managment group since day one.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Five more days until his NMC.

Which doesn't mean he'll be a Hab for life, but does mean if we do ever trade him - the return will be worse and more limited.

pitcher

Jun 18, 2012
God bless cancer.
Not a lot of cancer are ,75 PPG, +4 (only full time D in the +, btw) on a bottom team.

I wish we had more cancer in this locker room

Yeah and that cancer managed to keep a positive +/- in that horrible season while playing the most minutes and against the best lines from the other teams. Please give me more cancers.

He's a warrior, he keeps himself in awesome shape, he shows up when it counts the most, he's one of the best in the league in his position, he's great with the media, he represents the team very well on and off the ice, he's very polite, he's awesome with the fans, he's generous with his time and money, etc, etc. BUT, oh god no, he has a personality that is too flamboyant for prude people, who would prefer him having a boring personality like Pac for example. And/or he's black. Nah, this guy is cancer, please trade him.

Btw I'm sure his teammates loves him, I don't buy into most of the bull%*$& that comes from french medias. Not saying there isn't prude players in the team, but we know for a fact that Subban is a very good friend of Price and Markov for example, 2 guys with very timid personalities. I played with guys like Subban, people rally around them. Being funny and having a good personality is one of the many possible attributes that make great leaders, specially if you are good at what you do.

Last edited:

Plekaturtlenec

Jan 11, 2014
Toronto
Yeah and that cancer managed to keep a positive +/- in that horrible season while playing the most minutes and against the best lines from the other teams. Please give me more cancers.

He's a warrior, he keeps himself in awesome shape, he shows up when it counts the most, he's one of the best in the league in his position, he's great with the media, he represents the team very well on and off the ice, he's very polite, he's awesome with the fans, he's generous with his time and money, etc, etc. BUT, oh god no, he has a personality that is too flamboyant for prude people, who would prefer him having a boring personality like Pac for example. And/or he's black. Nah, this guy is cancer, please trade him.

Pretty much.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
PK is the major problem with this team, MT and MB both know it, they just can't get enough for him in a trade to justify it to the fans, because other teams know he is a problem also, nobody wants him in their locker room

Man, can you share whatever drugs you are taking so we can all be that high? Lol

Seriously? Marinaro and Nilan make some crap up, Pacioretty himself states that there are no problems with Subban, Weise and Smith-Pelly said there were no problems with Subban, but people like you want to cling to some idiocy about Suban being a problem in the room because that was what Marinaro and Nilan tried to sell on their idiot show?

Subban is not a problem, he is a young black player with a sense of self and style that rubs some of the "good old boys" club members wrong, which is why someone like Babcock plays lesser players over him. Subban is flamboyant and likes the spotlight. So what? He produces on the ice, he leads his team when it counts, and is a good person. Yes, there are some people who do not like him, but it is usually a problem they have internally rather than anything really being wrong with Subban.

Subban should not be traded because he is our clear cut best player after Price. Without him, our defence is horrific.

HABS FIRST

Jun 17, 2016
He keep saying not for trade then asks teams what they would offer for him. You guys for real, these clowns need to go.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
you can think anything you want,

i have said it for years,

this team is never winning a cup with PK, and PK will never win a cup on any team

And what's the basis for this viewpoint? Please elaborate. Is it P. K.'s flamboyant style? Or his reckless play? I would like to know.

Let me make my own prediction—one that's based on the club's recent trade history.

If Subban is sent packing on July 1, the trade will backfire on the Canadiens and lengthen the list of franchise-damaging trades Montreal has made over the last 35 years.

The roll call of bitterness:

Patrick Roy*
John LeClair
Eric Desjardins
Rod Langway*
Chris Chelios*
Ryan McDonagh
Vincent Damphousse
Darcy Tucker
Claude Lemieux
Pierre Turgeon

* Hall of Fame

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
PK Subban will start the season at:

24th in games (434)
10th (3-tie) in goals (63)
10th in assists (215)
10th in points (278)
5th in PP goals (35)
6th in PP assists (92)
6th in PP points (127)
28th (tie) in SH goals (0)
32th (tie) in SH assists (1)
37th (tie) in SH points (1)

He can reach:
Stéphane Quintal 19th in games (507)
Doug Harvey 7th in goals (76)
Jacques Laperriere 8th in assists (242)
Chris Chelios 8th in points (309)
Patrice Brisebois 4th in pp goals (41)
Chris Chelios 5th in PP assists (113)
Chelios 5th in PP points (146)
13th (tie) in SH goals (1)
18th (tie) in SH assists (2)
25th (tie) in SH points (2)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
PK Subban will start the season at:

24th in games (434)
10th (3-tie) in goals (63)
10th in assists (215)
10th in points (278)
5th in PP goals (35)
6th in PP assists (92)
6th in PP points (127)
28th (tie) in SH goals (0)
32th (tie) in SH assists (1)
37th (tie) in SH points (1)

He can reach:
Stéphane Quintal 19th in games (507)
Doug Harvey 7th in goals (76)
Jacques Laperriere 8th in assists (242)
Chris Chelios 8th in points (309)
Patrice Brisebois 4th in pp goals (41)
Chris Chelios 5th in PP assists (113)
Chelios 5th in PP points (146)
13th (tie) in SH goals (1)
18th (tie) in SH assists (2)
25th (tie) in SH points (2)

Way to jinx him with all these milestones :shakehead

Guess we can lock this one up mods! :(

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
The best defenseman we've had in a long time.

A winner who shows up when you need him the most. A guy who can simply dominate but will make mistakes. At least he tries and is accountable. Doesn't blame others or run from the media. A true captain, leader and someone we should appreciate rather than try to crucify constantly.

Of course he doesn't blame others...
...his skates though, that's a whole other story ! ;)

(Sorry, it was an easy shot, but I couldn't resist).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad