Speculation: PK Subban

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I am not Travis Biggest fan and i am sure i have made that clear from time to time. However he is still getting better and he was starting to grow on me. I just do not think he will ever be a true STUD of a D man that some make him out to be. With that being sad i think he has a slightly higher UPSIDE than PK. There is no way Travis is worth 7M a season. So if i feel he is better than PK i would not want to give PK 7M either. They both IMO would be around 4M range give or take a MIL depending on length of a deal.

I'm very high on Travis but he is not a stud in the mode of Doughty.
Travis is a solid 2nd pairing guy that may top out as a #2 to a skilled puck rushing #1some day, but he will not be that #1 himself.
Still, he is the best defensive prospect we have had here for a very long time, so the impulse to over rate him is understandable. He is a good deal at $3.75-$4MM for us.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Habs cannot afford to lose P.K. He is the future of their defense and is not going anywhere. Bergiven is going to try and lowball P.K. because like many new GMs, they want to establish a good reputation for themselves. He will be signed in a few weeks.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Habs are going to want a legit top 6 winger, a replacement on D and a high pick. That is at minimum.

I like PK, but I wouldn't be willing to meet those demands. The Isles are in no position to start making trades like that.

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006
Montreal will not take just futures (picks/prospects) for Subban, they will want an impact player in return, we do not have any impact players we can risk loosing. I would throw almost any pick/prospect combo for him though.

Somebody says this for literally every good player ever and maybe 1 in 10 deals actually are impact for impact.

Hipster Doofus

Sep 1, 2006
Give up a first round pick with guys like Seth Jones, McKinnon, Barkov and the likes.

I doubt it

Giving up implies it is given with nothing in exchange. PK Subban is a 23 year old number one d-man with a great shot and explosive/destructive hits who plays on one of the leagues best PK's last year.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Giving up implies it is given with nothing in exchange. PK Subban is a 23 year old number one d-man with a great shot and explosive/destructive hits who plays on one of the leagues best PK's last year.

Agreed. The Isles will be lucky if we get a defensemen as good as PK in the next 10 years.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
His name is Seth Jones and this team could be a serious contender for his services.

The problem is he is going first overall and the Isles always seem to pick 4-5 and always miss out on that player they could have had like Landeskog Seguin or a Doughty. We struck gold with Tavaras in 2009 but that Islander team that year he got drafted was terrible. I know the Isles dont look great on paper but I dont see them losing enough to be the worst team. Columbus looks like they could be bad as well as the Ducks. Im all for Seth Jones but I honestly cannot start this crap wanting them to lose again to get a high draft pick.

Zeroknowledge*

How about Plekanec and Subban for Strome and Reinhart

Habs need to tank properly and the Isles have been bottom dwellers for far too long and duch a trade makes them a legit playoff team.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I'm very high on Travis but he is not a stud in the mode of Doughty.
Travis is a solid 2nd pairing guy that may top out as a #2 to a skilled puck rushing #1some day, but he will not be that #1 himself.
Still, he is the best defensive prospect we have had here for a very long time, so the impulse to over rate him is understandable. He is a good deal at $3.75-$4MM for us.

I never once called him a stud. I have always sad i think people over rate him While he is a good player i sad 4M a year is a nice fair deal for him. Did you quote the wrong person ?

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
How about Plekanec and Subban for Strome and Reinhart

Habs need to tank properly and the Isles have been bottom dwellers for far too long and duch a trade makes them a legit playoff team.

I would most likely do this trade. However i am not sure the Habs would

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad