PK Subban part II: Norris and stuff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm shocked to read that from you. I would of thought you had Price as number one of that list.
I'm pretty sure they play different positions.
PK is undoubtedly the best blueliner on the Habs but that doesn't mean he is without faults. I see so many posts quoting is points, his assists and his PP stats that I wonder if anyone pays attention to what he does in his own end. It needs some work but he has the tools to make it work.

I would like to see him make more short, crisp passes than those flip it over the opponent's defensemen and pray passes. His defensive coverage could tighten up a bit and he tends to wander around and lose his man. He will try to do another player's job when he needs to concentrate on his own responsibilities. And when he carries the puck he tends to circle around and around so much that his teammates are standing still by the time he gets going up ice.

His other weakness is his pivot when a forward is coming in on him. It is far from smooth and takes him too long for a guy who can skate as well as he can.

These are the kinds of things that kept him on the bench during the Olympics. I know I am being picky but with his skill set and his build he could go from being good to being dominant. We see flashes of it and I would love to see that on a consistent basis.

I don't know if PK is the best in the league or not. There are too many players haven't seen play regularly but I am glad he is on the Habs.
He's not perfect but no player is. I'd take him over anyone in the league though. He's got the offense of Karlsson and he's much better defensively. Give me PK.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I'm pretty sure they play different positions.

He's not perfect but no player is. I'd take him over anyone in the league though. He's got the offense of Karlsson and he's much better defensively. Give me PK.

Well you said best in the game, you never specified at his position.

I also remember you saying Price was the best player in the league at some point.

Not that its very relevant any way. I was just shocked for 2 seconds thats all.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Well you said best in the game, you never specified at his position.

I also remember you saying Price was the best player in the league at some point.

Not that its very relevant any way. I was just shocked for 2 seconds thats all.
Is he not? Please mention a better player. When Price plays he is the best player in the league.
I don't remember a better goaltender since Hasek.

Since it's a Subban thread; I really like was he's doing to protect the goaltender, and laying down the law. One of these days he's going to get a penalty for it because he's Subban but it's not like the refs favor him anyway.

Last edited:

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Is he not? Please mention a better player. When Price plays he is the best player in the league.
I don't remember a better goaltender since Hasek.

Since it's a Subban thread; I really like was he's doing to protect the goaltender, and laying down the law. One of these days he's going to get a penalty for it because he's Subban but it's not like the refs favor him anyway.

Definitely the best goalie at the moment.

Toews would be imo the best player in the league.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Nice to see PK Subban move into the top ten scoring by Habs defenceman, passing JG Talbot (7 Stanley Cup rings in 13 yrs. as an NHLer.) PK having played in only 388regular season games, while it took JG, 1056 games in the Original Six Era. Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Our Asst.Captain(Mr.Subban to the Opposition) bringing the offence from the defence, backing up our Captain Max Pacioretty bringing the offence up front, while playing fine two/way hockey as all Habs do!!!...:nod::nod::nod:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Definitely the best goalie at the moment.

Toews would be imo the best player in the league.

Toews is a great player but I don't see how anyone can say he's the best player in the NHL. He's got 14pts right now, nothing to be impressed with. You can make a case that Patrick Kane is the best player.
But really, Price won 4 trophies last year, he's so dominant and unlike any other forward or Dman, he plays the full game and has no margin of error.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
PK is undoubtedly the best blueliner on the Habs but that doesn't mean he is without faults. I see so many posts quoting is points, his assists and his PP stats that I wonder if anyone pays attention to what he does in his own end. It needs some work but he has the tools to make it work.

I would like to see him make more short, crisp passes than those flip it over the opponent's defensemen and pray passes. His defensive coverage could tighten up a bit and he tends to wander around and lose his man. He will try to do another player's job when he needs to concentrate on his own responsibilities. And when he carries the puck he tends to circle around and around so much that his teammates are standing still by the time he gets going up ice.

His other weakness is his pivot when a forward is coming in on him. It is far from smooth and takes him too long for a guy who can skate as well as he can.

These are the kinds of things that kept him on the bench during the Olympics. I know I am being picky but with his skill set and his build he could go from being good to being dominant. We see flashes of it and I would love to see that on a consistent basis.

I don't know if PK is the best in the league or not. There are too many players haven't seen play regularly but I am glad he is on the Habs.

He is having a bi-polar season for sure.

4th in the league for DMen in points.
69th in the league for DMen in goals.
197th in the league for DMen in GA On/60.

He has a lot of room for improvement.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He is having a bi-polar season for sure.

4th in the league for DMen in points.
69th in the league for DMen in goals.
197th in the league for DMen in GA On/60.

He has a lot of room for improvement.

Yeah it's strange, as Subban used to be incredible defensively.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Yeah it's strange, as Subban used to be incredible defensively.

Its the polar opposite of last season, where our inept PP really took a tole on his offensive numbers at the beginning of the season and people on this board started complaining he wasn't playing "well enough" because he didn't get enough points. He was very consistent defensively at that time, however.

This year he's been racking up a lot of points, but he has had some shortcomings on the defensive end. Not often, still, but he had a few very rough games over the current 22 games sample size.

There's still room for improvement, but the good thing is he's currently in the running for the Norris, so you have to take what some drama queens say on this board with a grain of salt.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Its the polar opposite of last season, where our inept PP really took a tole on his offensive numbers at the beginning of the season and people on this board started complaining he wasn't playing "well enough" because he didn't get enough points. He was very consistent defensively at that time, however.

This year he's been racking up a lot of points, but he has had some shortcomings on the defensive end. Not often, still, but he had a few very rough games over the current 22 games sample size.

There's still room for improvement, but the good thing is he's currently in the running for the Norris, so you have to take what some drama queens say on this board with a grain of salt.

Can't we just have drag queens instead?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Who cares that he only has 1 goal when he is on pace for over 60 points.

That said the defensive game needs to improve, but I have no concern whatsoever offensively with all the assists he's piling up.

Teams are clearly taking away his time and space to get his shot off, he's adjusted and is setting up others... no issues here.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Is it drama to see stats that PK has a GA ON/60 of 2.81 and that he is underperforming defensively?

Especially when you see McDonough at 1.54, Klingberg at 1.61, Doughty at 1.69.

Is that not troubling that our Top Pair will allow almost 3 goals per game 5 on 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad