[PJHL] Eithan Grishin guillotine chokes Evan Paul unconscious

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Richmond Sockeyes player Eithan Grishin chokes North Vancouver Wolf Pack goalie Evan Paul during a post-whistler scrum

[Not graphic, but warning to those who are squeamish to UFC, etc. or triggered by individuals losing consciousness]

Absolutely beyond the pale. I'm no legal expert but I believe choking someone is considered the equivalent of aggravated assault in Canada, and this goes beyond inherent physicality of the game.

Grishin has already been suspended twice this season. One 3 game suspension for a match penalty and one 15 game suspension for a number of factors in a single game, including physical harassment of an official. This guy has no respect for the game, for the rules, or for anyone else on the ice.

He is currently suspended indefinitely until the League makes a ruling, but this guy should be tossed for life.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
This is so, so insanely far over the line, and looks like Eithan has a major history of violence - already his 3rd suspension of this season (including one for attacking an official), insane PIMs every year in every league he plays in, etc.

I’d like to see criminal charges, and a lifetime ban from all hockey leagues under the Hockey Canada umbrella. I highly doubt we’ll see either of those things, probably just suspended from this one league for 30ish games or so, but hockey shouldn’t be a free pass for psychopaths like this guy to commit unbounded acts of violence. That’s exactly what it is if consequences are limited to being suspended from one league for a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Hockey needs to get serious about idiots like this, I can’t imagine his record is all that great in previous years either. Hockey is a privilege and he should’ve lost it already. Hopefully the crown steps in here, he’s 19.

Reactions: uncleben

FrozenPonds

Feb 12, 2023
Is this what Junior A has come....oh wait, this is actually Junior B at best! Only reason they are Junior A is because the REAL Junior A BCHL jumped ship from BC Hockey!!

I guess this is what you get when you, as a governing body, don't do your dur diligence!!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Simple solution don’t fight don’t allow fighting. This oh it’s ok to fight as long as you don’t hurt somebody is beyond stupid but fans lap it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad