2nd round pick

Or

To Vancouver:
Marc-Andre Fleury

To Pittsburgh:
Ryan Miller @ $5M
Alex Biega
2nd round pick

Edit : I added a second proposal, the 1st wouldn't work because Hellebuyck isn't exempt, but the 2nd could work because Demko doesn't have to be protected.

Last edited:

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
The Jets see Hellebuyk as their future goalie. I doubt they change course and doubt they will unload Pavs as he is only one season from the end of his time in Wpg. Not a bad offer though just looking at value imo.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Easy no from the Jets. It would mean the Jets couldn't protect Hellebuyck in the expansion draft.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
The Jets see Hellebuyk as their future goalie. I doubt they change course and doubt they will unload Pavs as he is only one season from the end of his time in Wpg. Not a bad offer though just looking at value imo.

Sure, but is Hellebuyck ready to take over the number one spot? Fleury can be their number 1 for now and when Hellebuyck is ready he'll take over.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Sure, but is Hellebuyck ready to take over the number one spot? Fleury can be their number 1 for now and when Hellebuyck is ready he'll take over.

In that scenario, when Hellebuyck is ready, he'll take over the starting job in Las Vegas.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah, and when the expansion draft takes place next year, we'll lose Hellebuyck there. Hip hurray.

You could not find a better example of not giving a flying **** about the other team than this proposal. We would literally be in your current position after this one.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Yeah, and when the expansion draft takes place next year, we'll lose Hellebuyck there. Hip hurray.

You could not find a better example of not giving a flying **** about the other team than this proposal. We would literally be in your current position after this one.

Thought Connor was exempt tbh. But, I looked it up and it's his 2nd pro year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They are in the same position as us...sorta...

Wish it would work...but it won't.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
No from Vancouver also. We have Markstrom and Miller and we're not giving up a second for a position we don't need. Fleury is also a longer contract when we need $ to resign RFA's at the end of the season.

Our succession plan is:

Miller(UFA after this season)
Markstrom
Demko

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
To Winnipeg:
Marc-Andre Fleury

To Pittsburgh:
Ondrej Pavelec
Michael Spacek
2nd round pick

Or

To Vancouver:
Marc-Andre Fleury

To Pittsburgh:
Ryan Miller @ $5M
Alex Biega
2nd round pick

Edit : I added a second proposal, the 1st wouldn't work because Hellebuyck isn't exempt, but the 2nd could work because Demko doesn't have to be protected.

No from the Canucks, goaltending is set, don't need MAF.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Vancouver has 0 interest in acquiring MAF.

He's a good goalie, but we just have no use for him. Markstrom is our starter and will hold the fort until Demko is ready. We have 0 incentive to bleed draft picks for aging goalies with NMCs when we're trying to rebuild.

Look for someone like Dallas to unload MAF on. They're actually competing right now and could use him.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Pass on the 2nd deal. Markstrom needs to start being given more of a starter role since he hasn't had the opportunity yet, and we don't need to use up that much cap space on unnecessary goaltending (as we have done with Miller).

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pittsburgh might have waited too long with Fleury. I think Dallas is the only team left with no NMCs and a need of a starter, but there's also Bishop who could be on the move. I'm pretty confident that one of Murray and Vasilevskiy will have to be exposed next June.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Pittsburgh might have waited too long with Fleury. I think Dallas is the only team left with no NMCs and a need of a starter, but there's also Bishop who could be on the move. I'm pretty confident that one of Murray and Vasilevskiy will have to be exposed next June.

Jim Rutherford is just biding his time and is no rush to make a deal. Plenty of desperate teams will be looking for boost in the area of goaltending
once the new season gets rolling.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016

That is t a concern though. It is more is he ready next year? Also since Pavelec is UFA he may not get chosen by Vegas, allowing the Jets to keep them both.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
To Winnipeg:
Marc-Andre Fleury

To Pittsburgh:
Ondrej Pavelec
Michael Spacek
2nd round pick

Or

To Vancouver:
Marc-Andre Fleury

To Pittsburgh:
Ryan Miller @ $5M
Alex Biega
2nd round pick

I think you have a better chance with Dallas, assuming you are ok with taking on a 2 year contract goalie.

MAF

For

Niemi, Honka, conditional 2017 pick*
*1st if Niemi ISN'T drafted by Vegas, 2nd otherwise.

Adds an interesting element that should the pens be stuck with one more year of Niemi then they get a better pick. Niemi will also be one of the better veteran backup options, just way too expensive.

Maybe the pick can be removed completely if Dallas is willing to retain salary. Doubt it though.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Don't need or want MAF in Vancouver, especially not costing us a second for the privilege. I would like to move Miller this season and run with Markstrom and a cheap backup, eventually paving the way for Demko. MAF just clogs up the whole machinery for a few more years.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If Fleury waives for Vancouver I could see Fleury for Markstrom, and maybe a small piece work. It makes sense for Vancouver because they get an elite goaltender, coming off a great season as a stop gap until Demko. Makes sense for Pittsburgh if they want to protect Murray, and get a young, serviceable backup with a low cap hit which they may need to be able to re-sign their high value contracts next season.

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
If Fleury waives for Vancouver I could see Fleury for Markstrom, and maybe a small piece work. It makes sense for Vancouver because they get an elite goaltender, coming off a great season as a stop gap until Demko. Makes sense for Pittsburgh if they want to protect Murray, and get a young, serviceable backup with a low cap hit which they may need to be able to re-sign their high value contracts next season.

Vancouver would be spending 12m in goaltending it makes no sense for Vancouver to make this deal.

Vancouver says no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad