Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sprong with a PP Goal and a PP assist in a 5-2 win tonight.

ETA: Wait that wasn't tonights game.
That was Friday nights game.

Hold on...

Tonight he had 1PP Goal in a 6-4 win and an even in plus/minus(which is good for him).

21GP 11G 19A 30PTS

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
7 shots tonight as well. He's averaging over 4 shots per game.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Jake Guentzel - the pride of Omaha?

According to HF Prospects (for what their rankings are worth) he is a 7.5 which is the same as Sprong.

He apparently has been lighting up the NCAA playing for Nebraska. He was a 3rd Rounder in '13, and according to HF he has great speed, tenacity, hockey IQ and has top 9 potential.

Where does he fit in in the future?

Is an speedy, energy, 4th line of:

Guentzel - Sundqvist - Rust

in our near future?

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I live in Omaha and have seen Guentzel play a couple of times. I cannot think of an exact comparison for him. He is a very smart hockey player with gifted playmaking ability, but not quite as good a Beau Bennett, who I also saw play in college. He's not a natural goal scorer, even in college, so I have a hard time seeing him as a top 6 player in the pros. I was correct on Archibald, saying despite his goal scoring ability that he'd have a hard time translating to the NHL and that he'd need to be a poor man's Marchand.

Guenztel's average sized in college - probably in the 5'10 or 5'11 range now, but has definitely bulked up. He's no twig or anything. He will be on the smaller side in the NHL but no more so than Scott Wilson. The size concerns are overblown.

The best comparison I can think of would be Daniel Paille, but probably a bit more productive. Maybe Dominic Moore, but he's not quite as smooth.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Didn't see this answered in the closed thread. So, Teddy Bluegers. Does he look like a guy that's got a good chance of being an NHL player, or is he another one of Shero's "what the **** are you taking this guy so high" picks?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If we haven't signed Blueger by now, I assume we won't. He'll be set free after August 15 and he can choose his team.

If we're smart, we include Blueger in any and all trade talks leading up to February 29.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
That seems like a baseless assumption. The second we even discuss a contract with him, he loses NCAA eligibility and might even get kicked out of school.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If we haven't signed Blueger by now, I assume we won't. He'll be set free after August 15 and he can choose his team.

If we're smart, we include Blueger in any and all trade talks leading up to February 29.

That seems like a baseless assumption. The second we even discuss a contract with him, he loses NCAA eligibility and might even get kicked out of school.

Extremely.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Blueger's development would be better served staying all 4 years. It's not like Vesey where he could play pro now but is riding it out so he can be a FA

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, because there's no precedent for the Penguins, or any team for that matter, signing a guy after his senior year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have no idea what to expect from Blueger. He seems to be a very smart player defensively, but he's pretty small (6'0" and 185 lbs) and hasn't produced much in college hockey. I don't doubt we'll sign him, I just have no clue whether he'll turn out into anything special or not.

I think Goc is a pretty good comparable for Blueger's play style, whether he can reach that level or higher is something I have no clue on.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like this should be renamed to -

"4 Prospects worth talking about Thread"

Seems like the only ones worth discussing are Murray, Jarry, Sprong, and Simon.

How's that Russian bean-pole doing in College? I know he's an epic long shot, but it'd be an awesome thing if he could develop into a solid 3rd line C.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
How's that Russian bean-pole doing in College? I know he's an epic long shot, but it'd be an awesome thing if he could develop into a solid 3rd line C.

Pavlychev? He doesn't start up with Penn State until Autumn, I believe.

Seems like his offensive game hasn't made any strides...though he is only 1 PIM behind the league lead! Oddly enough the guy with 1 more PIM is also Russian.

Such a weird pick, but there are worse things you can spend a 7th round pick on.

He's turning into a beast in my NHL 16 franchise, though :P

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pavlychev? He doesn't start up with Penn State until Autumn, I believe.

Seems like his offensive game hasn't made any strides...though he is only 1 PIM behind the league lead! Oddly enough the guy with 1 more PIM is also Russian.

Such a weird pick, but there are worse things you can spend a 7th round pick on.

He's turning into a beast in my NHL 16 franchise, though :P

Did you create him in NHL16?

I can't remember the last EA game I bought for NHL, might have been NHL2015 I think.

I wonder what happened to Loney, didn't he have a good camp?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sprong with 2G's tonight in a 5-2 win.
Mark Recchi was an intermission guest so he's up checking him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad