Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospects Thread: 2023-2024 Edition

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Gauthier will get his true "chance" next year. I think it's highly probably that they elect to run Jarry-Blomqvist as the dup in Pit which means there will be two openings for goalies in WBS. I imagine Gauthier takes one and then they sign a depth goalie like Hellberg or Domingue.

Interesting that we have three goalies in three non-NHL leagues doing very well: Gauthier - ECHL, Blomqvist - AHL, Murashov - KHL.

I think they should be aggressive in the pre-season and first games of the NHL season next year with regard to some of these prospects. I would not be shy about sitting some vets and giving the young ones the cup of coffee to start out. Particularly Koivunen, Pickering, Yager, and the like.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
MJ wins 5-2, goes up 3-1 on Pickering and co so he should hit WBS soon

Yager with a tuck and 3 points. Goal was pretty sick.

On record as not being his biggest fan but it would be so huge if they hit on this pick and he’s a player.

Evidence is starting to pile up that he very well might be. He's been avaraging over two points per game for a while now. And his release his prime kesselesque. PIT needs finishers, and he's well on course I believe. Defensively mindful as well.

Reactions: Dominance

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Gauthier will get his true "chance" next year. I think it's highly probably that they elect to run Jarry-Blomqvist as the dup in Pit which means there will be two openings for goalies in WBS. I imagine Gauthier takes one and then they sign a depth goalie like Hellberg or Domingue.

Interesting that we have three goalies in three non-NHL leagues doing very well: Gauthier - ECHL, Blomqvist - AHL, Murashov - KHL.

I think they should be aggressive in the pre-season and first games of the NHL season next year with regard to some of these prospects. I would not be shy about sitting some vets and giving the young ones the cup of coffee to start out. Particularly Koivunen, Pickering, Yager, and the like.
I doubt Murashov will come over, honestly, so I'd prefer us grabbing another young-almost-ready goalie if we're retooling the roster over the summer.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I doubt Murashov will come over, honestly, so I'd prefer us grabbing another young-almost-ready goalie if we're retooling the roster over the summer.
Oh for sure. I think he's under contract for next year anyway. Yeah, I imagine they'll get the standard journeyman goalie to platoon with Gauthier. As I said, Hellberg or Domingue type.

I will say, I do think he comes over eventually. Can't see him not coming over at some point.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Gauthier will get his true "chance" next year. I think it's highly probably that they elect to run Jarry-Blomqvist as the dup in Pit which means there will be two openings for goalies in WB

i think that would do wonders for the kids.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Oh for sure. I think he's under contract for next year anyway. Yeah, I imagine they'll get the standard journeyman goalie to platoon with Gauthier. As I said, Hellberg or Domingue type.

I will say, I do think he comes over eventually. Can't see him not coming over at some point.
I'd like to hope we get a better one than Domingue, but yeah. As for him coming over, I really just don't see it unless he can get a shot at the big club right away or the war ends. Riding the bus in the AHL just isn't enough justification for a guy to jump through the expensive hoops to get out when he could make better money in Russia.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Said it himself.

Pieniniemi is coming over as well.
I don't care about Pieniniemi he seems like a nothing burger but I want Koivunen for sure!

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have to see what contracts they add or subtract. Some don't matter but Ido think Yager and other prospects like Broz will sign this year.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas knows the system is just not close to giving him the kind of talent flow and competition needed as the transition is happening. Dubas mentions not a rebuild but a pivot. Sorry, it will take drafts and development to get the Pens in the hunt again. I like Broz and as he grows to be bigger and NHL ready, I like his position flexibility here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad