Prospect Info: Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect Thread | The Church of Farnhamtology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd like to get a few more Finnish/Sweedish players. Maybe a few Russian players. The whole team should have a mix of players on it, including the roster. Don't need to get ONLY North American players anymore.

I'm not saying go crazy and draft only Euro's and go after Euro FA's...but maybe a few more boom or bust types because during the Shero tenure, it was mostly players from the CHL and College bound players, where they were either 2nd/3rd like potential or 4th liners at best for forwards.

Maybe increase the scouting coverage, not so NA oriented like it has been for a while. There's a wealth of talent over seas as well. This isn't me trying to justify going after someone like Panarin, but there are some young undrafted players in various leagues that other teams take chances on also in the draft.

And Don Cherry is a dick. Brian Burke channeled him for a while when he was with the Leafs and drafted "Good ol' Canadian boys!" and size route and resulted in a lot of hot garbage. Don should be put out to pasture in his Liberace suits.

Tyler Biggs! Truculence!

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Any update on Jaden Lindo's status? I know he's been out since the preseason with injury but I haven't been keeping a ton of tabs on the CHL since the Pens's have the smallest of footprints in it this season. Is he expected back anytime soon, didn't seem like it was described as a major injury at the time iirc. Then again, he's a Penguin now so I expect I missed news somewhere along the lines noting his arm being amputated.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Any update on Jaden Lindo's status? I know he's been out since the preseason with injury but I haven't been keeping a ton of tabs on the CHL since the Pens's have the smallest of footprints in it this season. Is he expected back anytime soon, didn't seem like it was described as a major injury at the time iirc. Then again, he's a Penguin now so I expect I missed news somewhere along the lines noting his arm being amputated.

The last bit I heard was almost 3 weeks ago and at that point he still hadn't been cleared to skate yet. Disappointing for sure, I was really looking forward to seeing what the Pens had with him. Really has been quiet otherwise so it's hard to say when he'll be back.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

Not sure. He had knee surgery all the way back in March so you'd have to think he can't be far off returning.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
First he was in Pittsburgh at camp and misses the starty of the Liiga season, then he played some games, and now hes at a WJC camp.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
I believe the plan is for him to redshirt this year.

Michigan Tech has a 6-0 start to their season, and Birks hasn't dressed for a single game so far. Is it a matter of not wanting to change a winning team or is Birks injured? I haven't been able to find anything on him recently.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
'Dane Birks' is a fun name to say out loud. I encourage all of you to try it. And thanks to those who are actually investigating the whereabouts of this young man.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
'Dane Birks' is a fun name to say out loud. I encourage all of you to try it. And thanks to those who are actually investigating the whereabouts of this young man.

I said it out loud, nothing happened. He's probably injured, he's a Pens prospect afterall.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
– The Bennett situation is obviously the most interesting. You know how I wrote yesterday that I wouldn’t read too much into the fact that Bennett was sent down on a regular demotion rather than a conditioning assignment? Maybe you can read something into that. I think the Penguins are using it as a motivational tactic. Here, check out this John Hynes quote and see if you agree.

“He has to leave no doubt that he’s a full-time National Hockey League player. It’s strong work ethic. It’s really being a difference maker out there. That’s an important thing, whether it’s coming up with big plays offensively, being really strong and using his size. He wants to make sure for his career and his situation that there’s no doubt that Pittsburgh should recall him.”

http://blogs.citizensvoice.com/penguins/index.php/2014/11/06/debutante-ball-116/

File this under: "What The ****"

There are players in the organization who should be under such scrutiny to secure a roster spot, but one of them sure as hell isn't Bennett. He was the Pens' best player in pre-season, not a useless 4th line clod being gifted a roster spot every night. We're making a talent like Bennett prove himself again in the AHL while Adams sees icetime and Geno plays with Dupes and Comeau?

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008
– The Bennett situation is obviously the most interesting. You know how I wrote yesterday that I wouldn’t read too much into the fact that Bennett was sent down on a regular demotion rather than a conditioning assignment? Maybe you can read something into that. I think the Penguins are using it as a motivational tactic. Here, check out this John Hynes quote and see if you agree.

http://blogs.citizensvoice.com/penguins/index.php/2014/11/06/debutante-ball-116/

There are players in the organization who should be under such scrutiny to secure a roster spot, but one of them sure as hell isn't Bennett. He was the Pens' best player in pre-season, not a useless 4th line clod being gifted a roster spot every night. We're making a talent like Bennett prove himself again in the AHL while Adams sees icetime and Geno plays with Dupes and Comeau?

Yeah well perhaps there's more to Bennett than we know. We're not in the room, we're not inside the organization. I'm pulling for Beau as much as anyone around here. I think he possesses tremendous upside in a number of areas of the game. But who knows, maybe he's not taking it seriously enough. From everything I've read and seen he seems like a good kid to me but maybe Bylsma busted his balls for a reason.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah well perhaps there's more to Bennett than we know. We're not in the room, we're not inside the organization. I'm pulling for Beau as much as anyone around here. I think he possesses tremendous upside in a number of areas of the game. But who knows, maybe he's not taking it seriously enough. From everything I've read and seen he seems like a good kid to me but maybe Bylsma busted his balls for a reason.

That's right. But we do know what he's done on the ice, and it has nothing to do with upside...he looked great last year up to his injury and came out like a bat out of hell this year. This while the Pens are icing no shortage of passengers and bad fits on the big club.

Maybe Adams and Dupuis are the most magnanimous, dedicated players off-ice, but unless it translates into succeeding in the roles they're given on-ice, it's pretty worthless. Bennett's too good to be having to "prove it" once again in the AHL while vets are being shoehorned into spots they aren't effective enough to warrant.

In a meritocracy, Bennett is put onto a scoring line, Dupuis moves down to the 3rd, and Adams gets benched.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh

You read into everything, too much

And BTW, Dupuis and Comeau have played well. Obviously far from ideal linemates for Geno but people need to actually acknowledge when things aren't crashing and burning, but then again, this board sticks to their convictions no matter what.

Hynes' comments are probably just a psychological tool to make sure Bennett stays motivated; stays sharp. Nothing is given to you in the world of professional sports and in reality...he does need to prove he belongs in the NHL. Staying healthy is a part of that, freak accidents or not

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You read into everything, too much

And BTW, Dupuis and Comeau have played well. Obviously far from ideal linemates for Geno but people need to actually acknowledge when things aren't crashing and burning, but then again, this board sticks to their convictions no matter what.

The 2nd line is a disaster.

As far as sticking to convictions, I've softened on multiple opinions I had to start the season because the on-ice product has suggested otherwise. The 2nd line sure isn't one of them.

Hynes' comments are probably just a psychological tool to make sure Bennett stays motivated; stays sharp. Nothing is given to you in the world of professional sports and in reality...he does need to prove he belongs in the NHL. Staying healthy is a part of that, freak accidents or not

Bennett doesn't need to prove he belongs in the NHL. He has proven that, last year and this year. Guys like Adams and Sill need to prove they belong in the NHL.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't see the issue with giving a kid, who hasn't been able to stay healthy, some time in WBS to get his timing back. I read that quote as the organization wanting Beau to take the next step and be a fixture of our offense.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The insinuation that this is a player who still needs to prove himself is what pisses me off. Bombulie, a guy who's more plugged in to WBS than anyone, was caught off-guard by the tone of the quote too.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The insinuation that this is a player who still needs to prove himself is what pisses me off. Bombulie, a guy who's more plugged in to WBS than anyone, was caught off-guard by the tone of the quote too.

I think he has to prove he can be a key part of our offense, yes. But that has more to do with his health than ability. He has not played a ton of pro hockey. Maybe this is an attempt to make sure he doesn't get too comfortable with his place on our depth chart. Obviously he has eyes and sees that hes more talented than most on our roster.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

All I heard about Beau during camp was that he was looking good, healthy, doing all of the right things and he looked good in games. Weird to see something like that said about him that he has to show he belongs.

I thought he was on a conditioning assignment, didn't read the part where he was demoted. But hey, if he can put up points at a ppg basis he will get called up. He should be able to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad