News Article: Pittsburgh draws a 19.4 local rating on opening day.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
This is unreal.

holycoww.png

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And yeah that is a big enough deal to be on the main board.

Can't wait to see the appreciation for how the fans of teams in the rest of the league sees Pittsburgh's embrace of the return of hockey.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Well no football, lots of anticipation, great timing of an afternoon game on a lazy Saturday. I can see it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I main boarded it, 12 responses without people being negative. Something doesn't add up.

Well, it appears that the Earth has stopped rotating and Satan is advertising 'Ice Follies in the Netherworld', so that may have something to do with it. ;)

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
That's great. Pittsburgh can't get enough of a new sport. And seeing that hockey has only been in existence for 7 years, I think it can still be classified as new, at least in comparison to the other sports.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I main boarded it, 12 responses without people being negative. Something doesn't add up.

They are ignoring it completely because it challenges their worldview that we suck as a hockey market. They will not post at all because then they would have to deal with hard numbers and facts. That is actually the honest truth. Do not expect the usual suspects to post there at all.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's great. Pittsburgh can't get enough of a new sport. And seeing that hockey has only been in existence for 7 years, I think it can still be classified as new, at least in comparison to the other sports.

Mental note: Add td_ice to list of posters who's comments I should not read while drinking a beverage in front of my computer.

StoneColdFlower*

It's only because the Steelers were bad this year guys.

The Eagles aren't playing either and the game only drew 7 in Cryerland. Now maybe my Leaf homer friend will shut up about Pittsburgh being a bad hockey town.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad